Night Elf Player Hate

Also, oddly, this doesn’t really apply to Blizzard any more, since they showed the burning of Teldrassil at Blizzcon and kept putting specific emphasis on all the victims of Teldrassil going to the Maw. So Blizzard isn’t actually sweeping it under the rug, but instead making it look even worse. Yet they still don’t have the Horde address it to the Alliance or Night Elves.

2 Likes

Welp it went from a vibrant city full of named NPCs with their own scripts and routines to about- 36ish Forsaken Refugee NPCs mostly mumbling complaints. It certainly feels as if the population was either severely reduced or the experience was so traumatic that everyone had their personalities sand blasted off.

Also, what? Blizzard controls what the Horde as a faction does. I can have my toons say and act how I want but I can’t make Thrall build a memorial statue outside a fan fiction post.

And again yes they did. The Horde had a whole rebel army about it. How is that not addressing their greviances with the Horde’s leadership and it’s practices.

In-game representations of scale don’t match lore:

The Stormwind night was alive with controlled chaos. Even in an evacuation, when the night elves could be forgiven for being terrified and out of control, there was no screaming, no violence, no crush of bodies crowding one another in a stampede to safety.

The cathedral could hold no more refugees, not even in the darkest corners of its extensive catacombs. The inns had ten to fifteen in each room. Even certain areas of the keep were filled with silent, stoic kaldorei. The flood spread to seemingly every surface of the city, continued down through the Valley of Heroes, and spilled out most of the way to Goldshire.

Another way to analyze how successful the evacuation was might actually be from some pictures that are in the physical copy of Elegy that accompanied the text above:

And yes, what is being complained about is Blizzard having the Horde stick their heads in the sand and not address anything. These are not complaints about what you as a Horde player can do about it. Indeed you are not Blizzard, nor do you have say over what the Horde does.

9 Likes

Well now I can see why they didn’t give the Forsaken that treatment. I love the deaders but let’s face it the image of them pouring into a city, stuffing rooms with 15 each, is more likely to illicit horror or nausea than sympathy.

Pretty sure the people of Orgrimmar are used to the sight and scent of them by now.

The desert would probably be one of the better places to be stuck with undead, really. Dry air, little moisture for rot…

Better watch out for turning into a walking mummy, though. Although that would be a neat new Forsaken aesthetic…

1 Like

To a point. It’s actually weird in Wrath during the coup you had Forsaken refugees flooding in to Orgrimmar and people being visibly not okay with this.

As of BFA if there is an issue it’s gone quite silent.

But here’s kinda my point though so far nothing about the Forsaken is being touched on. Best I can tell we’ve a chat in a field with Calia and it’s about, not the fate of the Forsaken, but how mean Windrunner is and how extra sad the Undead Nelfs are.

Say what you want about the Nelf situation but at least it’s being addressed. So far our net gain is - well Banner Bae was kinda neat. Tink tink.

I’ll be interested to see if they address us at all now that Windy’s out. There are customization options incoming to make the Forsaken more attractive though so probably.

1 Like

I dont think undead have a big population, if they did we’d kill them all by now.

They’re now extremely miserable by all accounts. Whining about the unrelenting Durotar sun is an oft repeated phrase. They hung out in a sewer - presumably moist and dark are ideal. Sort of the opposite of a desert.

I don’t disagree with you.

But I will still say what I want about the Night Elf situation, which was they were subjected to an attempted genocide and the souls of their dead killed in that are all in WoW’s version of Hell.

The Forsaken now living in Orgrimmar not being addressed is a topic for another thread, and one I wouldn’t really come into to yell about Night Elf problems for.

3 Likes

Oh come now this forum topic has over 1k posts let’s not pretend it’s stayed on topic throughout.

I also think it’s a touch relevant as for all this alleged Night Elf Hate - ya’ll are extremely story relevant. It’s all about you. Perhaps not in the way you’d have liked but the spotlight can be scorching sometimes. As you just said they couldn’t shut up about you in Blizzcon. Plus look at that lovingly crafted hand drawn art and pretty words describing how noble and disciplined the Kaldorei were even in their darkest hour.

Hate you? You fool, they LOVE you. The opposite of Love is not Hate. It’s apathy, and by that metric I think the Pandarens are far and away the most despised by Blizz.

4 Likes

Oh I definitely agree that jealousy of the amount of content we get is probably a large factor in all of this, usually presented as “Night Elf Fatigue.”

As for how big this thread is, I’m hoping it’s working out as a quarantine to keep new threads on this same thing from being made.

2 Likes

Night Elf fans are crazy, just look at the Nightborne Heritage armor thread on the EU general forums right now.

It’s true.

What’s going on over there? I don’t really go to General Forums or the EU Forums.

2 Likes

That is a pretty nonsense thread. Another example of why to avoid General Forums.

7 Likes

Don’t lump is in with that mess. I could only get through like the first 30 posts. At least our complaints are valid and make sense. I should also note that the threat your referring to is in the General section, which should really be avoided at all times as it’s full of loony tunes.

However this post

was hysterical.

8 Likes

Yeah say what you want about the posters here but they typically have to be capable of reading through at least half a WoWpedia article before trying to make a point.

2 Likes

It goes beyond even that. Heritage Armor is exclusive to the playable race it was meant for. Nightborne Heritage Armor should absolutely not be wearable by Night Elves. They’re not the same playable race. And you could spot the difference between a playable Nightborne and a playable Night Elf from a mile away just from the way they stand.

For the same reason of exclusivity, though, Warfront armor definitely doesn’t count as Heritage Armor, either.

3 Likes