Night Elf Player Hate

You need to look at the lore again, the maddess comes from rot, when your undead your body keeps rotting, its just really slow, BTS comfirms this.

Yeah they’ve Forsaken too feeble to clap but then you jump to the cinematics and they’re busting out of Orc grips and doing backflips that Olympic Gymnasts would kill for.

I’m read up on Undead lore. It’s unreliable. Case and point the Forsaken’s racial regenerates them so - just snack on a murloc now and again you’ll be fine.

2 Likes

lol cause the lore is the way it is your headcanon of undeath being better than the afterlife is canon? Ok undead

This is objectively wrong. Gilneas pulled out of the Alliance after the Second War because the Alliance wanted to leech off of Gilneas by having them send money and troops to keep the Orcs in internment camps. Greymane was like screw that crap and left because he saw the Alliance needed Gilneas more than Gilneas needed them at the time. (This is a decision Genn accepts and acknowledges was a crappy one.)

So Gilneas built the wall to keep everyone out of Gilneas. THEN the plague and Scourge showed up and the wall basically saved them from becoming more of Arthas’ undead minions. And while it may have been cruel to turn away the Lordaeron survivors you have top realize this was during the zombie outbreak and you didn’t know who was infected and all that. That’s why they wouldn’t let survivors into Gilneas, it was cruel but the right decision for the Gilneans.

Gilneas was also behind Greymane Wall for like 11 years, not 30. Either way nothing about what Gilneas did makes them deserve being attacked unprovoked, and having their citizens slaughtered, enslaved, and their city destroyed with Blight.

4 Likes

It’s a matter of perspective, really. To the Gilneans I’m sure it was perfectly reasonable but to the Lordaeronians it seemed perfectly villainous. I also noted the isolationist policies stretch back 30 years, 28 technically, not the wall itself.

Also the Forsaken did not invade Gilneas of their own free will. They were ordered to by Hellscream. This is why Blight was used so casually there when it’s use was measured in Hillsbrad. The Forsaken had no desire to even be there much less die trying to occupy it.

3 Likes

Saving Night Elf souls would be a positive thing for them though and that’s not allowed in the current writing team.

They already comfirmed it you salty thing

I know we’ll be saving them from the Maw but what does that really change? They’re still dead. I haven’t read all the expansion stuff, is there something after that?

Huh? I can’t remember them explicitly saying that we will free all of the innocents from the maw. Also even if they let us do it, I bet they won’t portray it ingame at all.

Atleast it wouldn’t pour more salt into the wound by knowing that these innocents only had to suffer for ~2 years and not forever because of the horde.

I guess they would go to Ardenweald if they actually let us save them.

The lore in anything other than the game is subject to sudden and immediate change the moment it interferes with literally anything Blizz wants to do.

Kul Tiras used to be a harbor, now it’s an island. Undeath could be spread by just killing a living human as an undead, then the Val’Kyr needed to be involved. Garona had half of her parentage rewritten despite decidedly not having any Draenei features. So yeah I take anything not in game as more of a suggestion. Why should I worry about it more than their writers?

Ignoring the bad that occurs is just as unconstructive as ignoring the good that occurs. At least ËlĂ«sĂ„na has been being positive from time to time now.

Speaking of inconsistency, Chronicle specified after that Sylvanas was eager to try to conquer Gilneas, so now it seems less that she was forced and more that Garrosh just put into the forefront her opening to do it.

1 Like

Well they had to hastily rewrite everything she ever did. The Wrathgate was also totally her idea it just happened at the same exact time as a coup which- she probably also had a hand in even if the Legion seemed very disappointed in Varimathras.

Not to mention they retconned what happened in Edge of Night. Which is infuriating because she died again when a level 30 dungeon boss one shot her (still puzzling over that one) and we weren’t privy to what she was doing in the afterlife then. It’d have made perfect sense to slide in that retcon right there.

If they said tomorrow she intentionally got stabbed by Frostmourne because she’s just that evil and clever as to be 900 steps ahead I wouldn’t bat an eye.

1 Like

That would explain the power slide at least.

1 Like

I took that as the time honored Sin’Dorei tradition of being really dramatic for no reason. Hence the random spinning with their jumps. Serves no tactical purpose I can see but it sure looks cool.

2 Likes

I was so glad when they fixed the big preventing Void Elves from doing the Blood Elf spin jump.

2 Likes

That’s good. Couldn’t have it appear as if they were enjoying themselves. Gotta keep it sad boys club 24/7 for the power of the void to allow for the emo haircuts.

I thought that was the name of the Horde rebels?

1 Like

They’ll go to the right afterlife, thats better than being in super hell

ITs literally one of the reasons we go in the maw in the game the salt is really blinding you from the stuff they said at blizzcon

I’ll believe it when I see it so far everytime they did something with the night elves they spat on them I don’t expect that to change in the next expansion

1 Like