Night Elf Player Hate

I forgot who mentioned it, but I remember someone bringing up that it would have been more intelligent for Tyrande to position her forces at the border of Ashenvale as a response to the horde’s troops being in the barrens. That way, there’d be no chance of them moving up into Ashenvale. And it should have kept the horde from moving south to secure Silithus even if that was the real plan because it would have sent a message that leaving would leave them defenseless against the night elves. So it wouldn’t have really mattered if Shaw’s information was wrong.

3 Likes

That depends on how important it was to secure the Azerite

But as we learned in BfA, not important at all.

4 Likes

He did not walk out of that fight free. It cost one of Sylvannas’ precious Val-kyr, thanks to the Champion.

Maybe that this is a sign that E’lune simply isn’t that much of a goddess and that Sira and Daelyrn have good foundations for their apostasy.

At the time though, both sides thought different.

1 Like

Don’t worry. Sylvanas can make more now.

6 Likes

this is one of the things that i hated the most.
Tyrande:“we will kill them all”
Also tyrande, literally 10 seconds later" let him to rot" and he is rescued.

they don’t even let us kill minor characters? just… wow.

also, i don’t agree with people saying that shandris is an anduin bootlicker simply becase she reconogzies that the alliance helped the kaldorei.

4 Likes

Source? When was there ever a win cinematic?

1 Like

I agree with everything you said except the last part.

The Alliance didn’t help the Kaldorei in Darkshore, only the Gilneans did and that’s because Genn told Anduin he was going to despite the fact that the Alliance “couldn’t” spare the troops.

I also love that the Alliance wasn’t willing to help the Kaldorei in Darkshore because Anduin is an incompetent leader, yet the Kaldorei were willing to help the Alliance in the Battle of Daza’lor (spelling?) after the fact.

It just goes to show Anduin has no respect for the Night Elves.

3 Likes

I can’t believe Horde players still talk about Camp Taurajo and the Purge of Dalaran. It’s almost like those are two of the only times since Vanilla that Blizzard cared enough to throw Horde fans a bone to get them invested in the faction war :roll_eyes: but still didn’t care enough to have the Alliance really do anything that bad or anything that wasn’t completely provoked and justified.

2 Likes

If you’re referring to that pathetic address before a small handful of troops, it’s probably for the best.

I agree with everything until the end. She’s not a bootlicker because she recognizes they the Alliance helped hetty people but becuase she seems so willing to move on after thousands of innocents were killed and there is no plan to address what happened. She’s the general of the Sentinel Army for goodness sake.

7 Likes

It puts it in perspective. No one promised that it would make her the absolute Avatar of Vengeance. It did give her offensive power that she had never posessed before in her life. It gave her "E’lune’s “Darkest Face”. One should be reminded that it’s a relative value… E’lune is not that dark an entity.

Normal Tyrande should already be enough to take care of Nathanos, having been Elune’s High Priestess for the last 10000 years (and therefore likely a damn great Priest. Maybe the most powerful in Azeroth.)

This was Night Warrior Tyrande plus Malfurion. That the best they could manage was a single Val’kyr, after all the talk about the Night Warrior, is just plain disappointing.

11 Likes

what i understand is that shandris cares about those who are still living.
yes teldrassil was bad but during all of bfa shandris has been trying to honor her fallen brothers and sisters, she multiple times repeats it.
like when they agreed they should focus on azshara because she actually knows that she could be a bigger threat.

1 Like

I Feel alot of the issue doesn’t lie in the fact that Tyrande is shown as weak. Rather they failed to show this power progression with both Syivanas and Nathanos in game.

At no point in BFA (before the siege) does any question these powers Sylvanas was gaining. There was no questions raised on where she was getting the power to fly away from or take that wispy form from.

They simply needed to indicate in the Vol’jin quest chain that Sylvanas was claim some power from these souls for her self. They just needed one on the Alliance side as well, Thus it explains this power increase.

7 Likes

Just becaue she’s 10,000 years old doesn’t mean that she was gaining power during all that time. Being that old means that you’ve spent that long at your level of incompetence to quote a board game of mine.

Tyrande was never known prior to her ascension as any major shakes of an offensive priestess. (although she was challenging enough for PVP raiders in game.)

It went pretty well for humans this expansion!

3 Likes

This is what happens when blizzard do importat stuff behind camera to keep the “surprise”.
problem is, that everyone ends up being more confused and angry.
like the tidestone getting stolen.

How, when and why happened?
and what is going to happen next with that? are we just going to leave it there so it can be stolen again?
does anyone even care anymore?

2 Likes

This! Exactly.

Though, I don’t recall her using her Banshee form in WoW until BfA, they did show it, at least in the intro cinematic. However, to me, what was more indicative of her strength was her easily deflecting Saurfang’s first attack.

It violates the principle of Chekov’s Gun. It’s a metaphor that states, “If a gun is placed in the first act of a story, it must be shot by the third.” However, the consequence of that is, “If a gun is shot in the third act of the story, it must be placed in the first.”

They didn’t show us anything of Sylvanas getting power. It didn’t feel like a reveal, because there had been no (or minimal) foreshadowing to prepare our brain to interpret it as a “reveal”. Instead of, “Oh, those are the powers we’ve been hearing about”, we all thought, “why is a dagger blocking a war axe?” Because we had no other information with which to contextualize the fight.

13 Likes

It also seems to be the case when they don’t clarify exactly what the Nightwarriors power is or does. It is just some spooky power gifted by Elune that doesn’t really do anything outside the norm.

The Writers have a habit of doing this and think they are being all suspenseful, though it just feels like they are being vague and not providing enough context.

If they don’t want to bog people down with RP text then they can simply give players the option to skip it. or give it an option to ask charcters afterwards.

4 Likes