Night Elf Player Hate

A god can intervine to save their followers, we see that everyday with the human demi-gods in the alliance being used as deus ex machine. Zandalar has a lot of animal gods that are often forgotten to let other races to raid their cities and loot. Same way as Blizzard ignores that Orcs are supposed to be 10 times stronger than a human and a straight punch should kill or severely injure a foot soldier.

But how would the Val’kyr get power from the jailor when he firstly was weak and needed more souls in the maw hence the whole war of Sylvanas. Besides if they have a boost from him, why they aren’t able to raise fully brain-washed nelves to be 100% obedient to Sylvanas? Delaryn deserted and stayed with the forsaken as we saw in 8.3

Are you sure? Because the blood troll army got annihilated by the Zandalaris allies and loas and he sure knows that despite of being a powerful C’thraxx he is not match for a whole army of superpowerful beings and retired to Uldun where G’huun power is more closer.

The small story “A good war” made both to be even and let’s not forget even Tyrande has lost faith on her and wants to know why she abandoned on them in their time of need. Besides those that died in a dream/coma are still getting the short stick in the maw that is literally the hell of hells which makes the gestures pointless.

But she says in Darkshore that spearing him costed a lot to her and you can hear regret in her voice when she says those words and also says the time of benevolence has ended

There a lot of Nelves with dark eyes int he scenario last time I checked and Anduin said he has lost a lot of soldiers in Nazjatar and Alleria outright says “My sister is the only one who has an army big enough to defeat N’zoth, maybe we can put them at odds”

So if they really have soldiers to spare for the old god, then certains lines wouldn’t be said there.

This is the same writing team that somehow failed to make Undercity feel meaningful, made the removal of sylvanas terrible for honor horde fans, and doesn’t get that 5d chess doesn’t make a villain seem smart.

For them just making a scene with those 3 controversial characters would be difficult

6 Likes

~https://i.imgur.com/ghTsgqI.gif

Although its incredibly disappointing I actually had to go through and post quote by quote the sequence of posts, you can at the very least maintain this same energy as I’ve now made it clear I did not mention it first.

3 Likes

Man, that’s just… Hell, they’re waaaaay overcomplicating things. For every win a character gets, there must be an equal loss. For every loss, there must be a win.

Looks to me that you invoked it before Amadis in that particular case that you /10char’d, so really, you’re as much at fault.

The year is 2025.

Dusk is still talking about that damn camp.

When will this end?

1 Like

I don’t understand what Night Elf fans want? The Horde as a faction to be deleted or what?

Sylvanas got ousted from the Horde. Her supporters had to decry their leader or get ousted too.

Night Elves won Darkshore. The Alliance won Stromgarde, and arguably won the 4th war

Tyrande ascended into Elune’s wrath, beat Nathanos, killed a valkyr and is getting a storyline dedicated to her and Elune in shadowlands.

They’ve already done so much for you. Why is that not good enough?

For Night Elf fans… The problem is… that Tyrande got a power up, but it didn’t translate into what we considered a meaningful victory.

Nathanos wasn’t “beaten”. He got away after ressurecting Tyrande’s allies to his side. Tyrande did kill a Val’kyr, but Sylvanas has three others (and is rumored to be able to make more in Shadowlands). We didn’t really care about that particular val’kyr. Hell, I’d wager very few people even tell you the val’kyr’s name without looking it up.

Like I said, night elf fans basically line up with Tyrande. We don’t want the Horde to be deleted, or all the orcs killed or anything. We literally just want to hurt Sylvanas in any significant way. Any way that mirrors the loss of Teldrassil and deaths of thousands. We feel like we were forced to pay a price, and got almost nothing in return.

“Tyrande getting a storyline” is not “Tyrande got a storyline.” We aren’t putting a lot of faith in the narrative capabilities of the writing team right now, so we really don’t know anything about what that story will look like. It could be the pay off that we’re looking for, but we don’t know, and that’s 9 months away.

EDIT:

DBZ Metaphor

It’s like if Frieza killed all of Goku’s friends, then Goku worked his butt off to get this “legendary” Super Saiyan form, and all he could do with it was kill one of the Ginyu Squad (Frieza’s minions). Then, the show writers said, “And this story arch is done!” People would be like, “But what was the point of Super Saiyan? It didn’t do anything.”

15 Likes

You answered yourself, given Nathanos and the Val’kyr were fighting Tyrande under the shadow of the husk of Teldrassil.

No it didn’t. A Good War had Sylvanas unconfident about it:

Sylvanas Windrunner took a deep breath and then hissed it out in frustration. “If we have no other options, I will handle them myself.”

Saurfang said nothing for a while. It was a bad idea, but at the moment, it was the best one they had.

Saurfang and Sylvanas had discussed strategy and tactics for days, and it had become clear that there were two huge, inescapable points of failure in their plan: Malfurion Stormrage and Tyrande Whisperwind. The leaders of the night elves were powerful, dangerous, and perhaps even unbeatable on the field of battle. No matter how surprised the kaldorei would be by this attack, those two would be a terror for the Horde once the fighting began. They had lived for so long, and survived so much, that Saurfang had to consider the possibility that they could hold off the Horde long enough for the Alliance to send help. Ashenvale was their land, after all. They would rally nature itself to their cause.

Sylvanas could match one of them—perhaps—but even she knew that taking them on by herself was . . . not an ideal tactic.

Tyrande also didn’t know that Sylvanas would have burned the tree regardless of Saurfang being alive or dead, so unfortunately Tyrande just didn’t know what she was talking about.

You might want to check again, as none of those Night Elves were using the Night Warrior appearance:

Just waiting on word about what happened with Ashenvale and what’s going to happen with all the Night Elf souls from Teldrassil in the Maw and what Tyrande is going to do in Ardenweald and about Sylvanas.

6 Likes

Which is… again… nine months out. In the mean time, we’re salty because all we have is a beautifully-rendered cinematic of Sylvanas (whom we don’t like) being awesome, and a few voiced lines of dialogue from Tyrande which basically amount to her saying exactly what we want, and then being told she’s crazy and reckless for it.

And even then, it probably won’t be resolved in 9.0, so the conclusion of the story might not be for another one-and-a-half to two years. We’re salty because that’s a long time to be so uncertain to something that matters so much to us as closure over the decimation of our favorite WoW race :frowning:

We’re just frustrated with the writing and pacing is all.

14 Likes

Even with the post right there in your face, showing you the full history of our conversation, you deny reality.

…You must live in the Midwest.

Yes, it must be a geographical thing, couldn’t possibly mean you don’t get what I’m sayin’.

No it means you’re willing to plug your ears in light of the facts and present your own illusory truth.

1 Like

I get what you’re saying homeboy, you just don’t get what I’M saying. You must be from Arkansas.

Can’t kill a sacred cow my dude.

But… You’re a Void Elf… /j

This is the bit I don’t get. Even Shandris told her to let it go of all people. You’d think she would have joined her, hell even Genn was a bit of a surprise. It seems Blizzard is trying really hard to keep the stupid good angle that Alliance has had going for them for a while now.

Until Tyrande stops being our Racial Leader I’m going to do as she says and no matter how much I love Shandris if she acts like that she can shove it and crawl back to Anduin.

6 Likes

I’d follow her if they made Anduin in a wig the Night Elves racial leader. Or Shandris, it’s the same thing really. She’s a bootlicker now. Tyrande is my Sylvanas.

2 Likes

What they’ve done to Shandris is really disappointing. Especially after 8.1 when she confronted Anduin for not helping the Kaldorei. Now she supports the treaty with no accountability for Teldrassil? I get and understand the point of moving foward but not without some sense of finality or justice for those lost. And she seemed really unphased by the fact that Saurfang was out of prison. It’s a whole mess.

4 Likes

at least blizzard admits it was genocide

2 Likes

They already mentioned it many times, does it mean they will write a conclusion to it? Nope

1 Like

not really only once or twice in novel from through characters. never as a dev.