Night Elf Player Hate

No. See my problem is, whenever something related to the night elves happens, it turns out negative for them because of reasons, and instead of giving them some attention atleast after that, they do nothing.

The Horde butchered their way through the night elves lands because somehow some way their soldiers went to Silithus. The Night Elves have been living in these forests for thousands of years and yet whole cities got taken out by a single rogue.

Then the burning of Teldrassil happens, everyone dies. Who get the cinematic? The Night Elves? No, Saurfang because he apparently is more sad.

Then,in the revenge patch, instead of letting us kill Belmont atleast, a god damn noname character, they make tyrande freeze him so he can be rescued later.

Then, Tyrande gets a power up and still can’t defeat Nathanos because he is
somehow empowered by some death magic val’kyr. Then he just casually walks off and mounts up while fighting Tyrande, Malfurion and the powers of Elune after he got everything he wanted.

Victory cutscene and quest got scrapped.

We had to ask in a Q&A to get an answer on who won darkshore, now what about Ashenvale?

It feels like the Night Elves are just not allowed to have cool moments or the kind of attention the horde gets with their 4 GCI cinematics even though there was no reason for blizz to give all of them to the horde instead of the night elves.

And this whole thing is going to be even worse when:

1. We don’t get to free their souls from the maw, and it actually being portrayed ingame
  2. Sylvanas gets redeemed / doesn’t die or even worse, kills Tyrande (which is basically the last hope of getting something cool ever)
3 Likes

So far only Sylvanas has been confirmed to be getting the sweet juice of the Jailer and even her endgame seemed to be a mystery for Nathanos if we take count his moments of doubt.

Yeah let’s ignore the giant C’thraxx general and the civil war that happened with Zul heresy. Meanwhile the elves got overrun against a few green bois and undead while their deity made deaf ears in their pledges of help?

Those 2 barely survived, the gnome went to coma and only got wake up after the war ended and Jaina human potential and golden’s hand were the only thing that saved her.

Now talking about your second statement, doesn’t feel ironic that later you have to be best buddies with Saurfang, the orc that planned the butchering of the night elves and keeping the civilians as hostages/slaves while you have to save Baine who has never say anything about your tree? Besides another funny fact, Shandris is against her own adoptive mother for not falling in line with Anduin thinking which makes her an unresonable person according to Anduin?

Probably or maybe some other force is still at play. However I have to say I can’t wait to put down the Jailer for killing Vol’jin at the broken shore. Although I know it was Alex Afrasiabi that wanted to promote Sylvanas as the MC of these latest expansions but he is still untocheable since BFA didn’t flop like WoD

You’re intentionally literally misusing the word literal to be funny, right?

I dislike all the same things you do.

However, I also don’t disregard when we get good Night Elf content, either. “Terror of Darkshore,” the Darkshore Warfront proper itself, and getting the canon win of Darkshore are all good things.

If you ignore everything good, of course all you see is bad.

That seems unlikely, given the Sylvanas loyalist ending:

Nathanos Blightcaller says: ...As do I, Dark Lady. But when the time comes, there can be no hestitation.

Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: There won’t be. Safe journey, Nathanos.
    Nathanos Blightcaller says: Safe journey, my love.

We’re not ignoring it. That’s exactly what Bwonsamdi couldn’t stop. There was a whole cutscene of Bwonsamdi not really doing anything to stop it, even with giving Rastakhan his power.

Nah. I like Saurfang and Baine. It is unfortunate that Saurfang didn’t live so he could make up more for the War of the Thorns than he did, but I am glad Sylvanas killed him before any Night Elves could, for this very reason:

Shandris is almost just the player stand in for people who don’t want the Night Elves to get villain batted.

Me, too. I liked Vol’jin. Glad he’s back.

We? That was mostly the horde that handled that.

A few. They were outnumbered 8 to 1 and still the horde took a higher death toll. We’ve yet to hear when Elune didn’t intervene even though that’s never really been her thing.

You mean like Nathanos?

He’s got you there doesn’t he.:rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

No, my english is just bad.

The problem is that the terror of darkshore patch looked good on paper but then when you actually played it as a night elf (or alliance player) it looked like day and night compared to the trailer.

The only really good thing we got is the darkshore victory, and that was answered in a Q&A panel instead of letting it go live from the ptr. Also Ashenvale is also mandatory to go back to the Night Elves.

I still find it absolute BS that Saurfang gets 4 cinematics because he feels bad about thousands of innocents dying solely because of him but those that actually suffered from all of it don’t get a single one.

3 Likes

He could be speaking about her mission to destroy the helmet. I don’t think even he knows about the arbiter since he is supposed to be a super secret entity

He killed Zul the main architect of this heresy and Mythrax at least retired, has elune did anything to help their followers? Like for example, empowering Malfurion to win against Sylvanas? Besides by the time of darkshore, she was already struggling under Sylvanas command and Saurfang already started his rebellion which likely took a lot of her soldiers away from her

Also we have to recognize C’thraxx generals are top dogs of the old gods army, even the loas can struggle to fight them but the city wasn’t overrun by blood trolls and after dealing with G’huun, things went to normality.

Oh didn’t know you liked to hug your butchers, guess the alliance really has some weird fetish and had he survived. He’d currently warchief while Anduin praises him how honorable he is as while Tyrande is portrayed as some incoming villain for not forgiving him to butcher her people

You can be wary of the orcs and not being a villain. Talanji wants vegeance for her father but she isn’t going to let the wrong path for that.

A shame he was killed by this. At least I can use him as the outlet of my rage for this horrible storyline we got

He didn’t need it as he won that fight. Had Saurfang not intervened she’d be dead. Did you miss that?

Who was struggling? Tyrande? Becuase if that’s what your saying it’s not true. The Sentinels were in tact and she took heat army to Darkshore and kicked the Horde out. Even Nathanos says that that were outnumbered in Darkshore and were later losing on all fronts. And Saurfang didn’t have a single solider until after Baine’s rescue. Stop twisting the facts.

6 Likes

But then Saurfang was about to take his head off but Elune was preventing that with some magic dust according to him. Couldn’t she do that a bit early to save Malfurion from a cheap strike?

Zekhan was sent to Orgrimmar to start to recruit people for the rebellion and Nathanos only say they are losing all fronts after the battle of Dazar’alor where most of the Zandalari fleet was destroyed. Besides you’re forgetting Anduin says he has a few troops left at the SoO 2.0 cinematic that happens after the 8.2 fiasko in Nazjatar. Try again

That’s not how a race should work. If Elune would be almighty and all-knowing the Night Elves wouldn’t need to join the alliance.

No matter how many times we try to explain, people just won’t get it.
Elune has almost never intervened directly in Night Elves affairs and the very few times she has they have been with little pushes to help her people do the jobs themselves.

6 Likes

Which is all part of the plan Sylvanas has going with the Jailer.

But Nathanos doesn’t even need to know the Val’kyr would be getting power from the Jailer to benefit from them doing so.

Zul let himself get stabbed to distract Rastakhan so Mythrax would go on unbothered. Bwonsamdi didn’t do anything to make Mythrax retire. Mythrax just left on his own because his mission was accomplished.

In-game Malfurion was winning against Sylvanas. Elune did protect Malfurion after Saurfang got him in the back, and healed Night Elves that made it through the portals and gave those that didn’t a peaceful death.

Tyrande thought he was honorable, too. That’s why she spared him, as per Elegy:

The lethal points of Elune’s light responded to her rage, becoming terribly, deathly still. Their sharp tips pointed at his throat. She longed to release them.

But she did not. Tyrande had seen little enough honor from the Horde, and she believed Saurfang was ashamed. How long had he stood there, not striking the death blow—he, the high overlord, a warrior who had shed blood a thousand times over?

The Horde would take Darnassus. When they did, a general who believed in honor, and who had received mercy, might in turn show mercy to the kaldorei prisoners.

The Army of the Black Moon also doesn’t show up to SoO 2.0, and the Army of the Black Moon won Darkshore, which was one of the fronts Nathanos was talking about the Alliance winning, so there are more Alliance forces than the ones Anduin brought.

3 Likes

TIme to talk about nelfs again.

Basically while i dislike nelf whining, saying they don’t have valid complaints and been given a very poor hand by the narrative is wrong and stupid. However I don’t trust the current writing team to properly fix them without either ruining the nelves more, or ruining another race/faction, and as such, the best bet for Night Elves is to sit the few expansions out until we can get a new dev team, who will hopefully find a way to properly build the night elves up. (This has nothing to do with me thinking nelves need to sit out in order to be fixed, unlike Baine, but mostly because the current writing team’s attempts to fix and reinvent the forsaken have been terrible and i want no one to have their favorite race treated like that)

6 Likes

Looks like that ship is already sailing, though:

Question: Will Tyrande become a villain? Or will she get justice for people? Will the Night Elves rise above their relentless suffering?

Answering: Steve Danuser

• “The Night Elves have taken some shots on the chin in Battle for Azeroth, for sure. Tyrande is one of the most beloved characters and in all of Warcraft canon, and, I don’t want to speak to datamined broadcasts and things like that, but we will see Tyrande have some conversations with some of our other characters as we wrap up the Battle for Azeroth.”

• “That’s a storyline that we definitely want to pay off and we have some interesting things in the coming expansion that I don’t want to spoil but I hope that Night Elf players get to see a new side of her and their culture in a way.”

This also comes on the heals of another interview with Shani Edwards:

Game Producer Shani Edwards: We’re gonna learn more about Tyrande’s story. Obviously, she is still very upset about what happened to her people. That’s going to lead her to Ardenweald. She’s gonna get some answers to some questions, and there’s gonna be some stuff coming with her that’s too spoiler-y to talk about but there’s more Tyrande
. All I can say is she has a pretty big story moment in Ardenweald. Very big role also.

Blizzard Watch: Are we gonna learn more about Elune while we’re there?

Lead Game Designer Morgan Day: That’s well into spoiler territory!

Shani Edwards: Can’t [talk about that]!

We all might remember Shani Edwards from this interview:

Senior Game Producer Shani Edwards: I think she had her moment where we told some of her story and she got her revenge for the Night Elves.

Maybe the game producer is trying to make up for that previous statement. But sounds like Steve Danuser is adding validity to this all now.

5 Likes

he’s saying it in response to you saying it, dude. You, a Horde player, invoking Taurajo first.

2 Likes

their mission was done. The king and fleet was the target.

3 Likes

And what im saying “dude” is that I never brought up Taurajo in the first place.

In our conversation the only one to even mention it was himself, an alliance player, where I restated that a majority of the time I see Taurajo brought up is by alliance players.

This isn’t directed at you, but
 To speak on the solution being somehow being nuanced and complicated

MAN! Writing team! Have Tyrande and Genn kill Sylvanas. How damn hard is that to write? That’s all we want! Why do we need an 800 post discussion? One sentence! :joy:

6 Likes

You literally did, my guy. Your commentary came before Amadis, he said it in response to you. Doesn’t matter how you’ve invoked it, you’ve invoked it first.

1 Like

Sylvanas did nothing wrong

/s

2 Likes

Nomi did nothing wrong.