Night Elf Player Hate

I agree with the argument that Camp Taurajo gets used as rather pathetic whataboutism in terms of the Horde does in comparison.
But I understand why its tempting to cling to it. They insist on the faction conflict while giving the Horde little defensible motivation and justification for actually fighting the Alliance. People want to root for their side, so will cling to any reason to do so.

11 Likes

I have so many memories of Teldrassil
 leveling up there as a wee little warrior who kept trying to solo elites and failing. ;~;

I would love a chance to cut off Sylvanas’ head and get her back for what she did.

9 Likes

Its another night elf thread

oh boy havent had those in a while

1 Like

Oh my we are getting lazy! Time to step up the game and make more posts like this one!

6 Likes

I dunno it seems to me like the Night Elf fans have largely ceased their endless raging about this and it’s mostly people complaining about their complaining nowadays.

12 Likes

Zul schemes were a mystery even by the loa, literally nobody knew of G’huun. But he helped during the invasion of Mythrax and the alliance where it counts and as his new duty as the new patron Loa of Zandalar.
Please name at least 1 ocassion of Elune helping your wretched kin in the recent years

With this I know now that you barely play the game or you. First he sends the horde player to uncover why he didn’t get the soul of Vol’jin and he would comment if he had been losing souls lately. Besides you can see him collecting the soul of Rastakhan in the Zuldazar questline or the cinematic of Battle of Dazar’alor

2 Likes

Night Elves won the Darkshore Warfront thanks to Elune.

The Zandalari lost to both the Blood Trolls and the Alliance.

Raising the undead from the Maw isn’t anything special. Everyone with necromancy powers can still do that.

6 Likes

“Surrender 
or Die” m It’s kind of traditional for the White Hat hero to make at least the offer of surrender to the Big Bad no matter how heinous. Which is kind of required for the White Hat Paladin types. But he did’nt say “Surrender or we let you go free.”

And again she ensured that he would do that by being unarmed when Anduin’s party entered.

Orcs and Trolls who have been historic masters of forest anbushes. And the fact that Night Elf training had gotten so degenerated illustrates the perils of having the same person in charge of the same duty for thousands of years
 they get complacent, secure in their laurels. Immortality is not a natural condition
it leads to stagnation for those who did not evolve towards it, but had it grafted upon them.

1 Like

That doesn’t make it any less dumb. Genn, Jaina, and Alleria should all have been like, “Anduin get the f out of the way you dumbass.” and then proceeded to kill Sylvanas, unarmed or not.

7 Likes

If this happens and Tyrande doesn’t shoot them in the face, there’d be no point; her story isn’t wrapped up in diplomacy at this point, rightfully so.

“Sorry we committed genocide against your people; hope you’re not mad. Not sure we’re gunna do anything to make up for it, but here’s some words.”

Lol.

The Horde, as a faction narratively speaking, has lost every last shred of its credibility; there’s no way to come back from where they’ve been now. Or, at least a sensible narrative wouldn’t permit for it for decades if not centuries.

Anyone who actually believes this would happen is foolin themselves. Anduin as a character may do this, sure, but Blizzard as a developer will never write this, because they never go back to close up loopholes and loose ends: it’s not how they work. (See Tyrande’s Revenge being fulfilled.)

This.

When a company puts you on hard ignore, and the entire community insults you and raises hell about folks being dissatisfied with terrible writing - sometimes people just give up and stop caring. That’s the big take away from BFA for me - people not caring anymore, and just dipping out.

It’s not that they’re content with the story, it’s that they’re beyond words for how to approach it anymore.

13 Likes

After she let the horde take it and only after Tyrande made a dark ritual to get all of her power that only worked to scare Nathanos away(yaay what a great power boost)

We killed G’huun, saved the world from him and the blood trolls aren’t a threat anymore.

The alliance run away with their tail between the legs when the army returned, did that happened with kaldorei army? Nah only after their population was killed and send to the maw, even their win cinematic was scrapped LOL

Except Elune despite of being the “true goddess” according to nelfies and Blizzard(which likely is retconed into some low level entity and next boss fight).

Besides it is said nobody has escaped to the Maw and thanks to Bwonsamdi method of collecting souls by himself, he hasn’t lose a single one except for Vol’jin that it seems he was elevated to another plane of existance the moment he died, maybe he was put in that Ardenwald place and took some time for him to renegerated.

1 Like

I feel like the NEs winning Darkshore, and I would assume Ashenvale, having more to do with the Horde leadership buckling and the faction turning on itself. Sylvanas likely pulled back quite a few of her forces to deal with the rebel and Alliance incursions; and quite a few on those fronts likely also defected to Saurfang’s rebels as well. Even with Elune, it is very unlikely that the NEs could have taken back their territories solo like that if Sylvie was actually fighting a real war on behalf of the Horde 
 and not playing some game focused on maximum collateral.

The NEs are not, and should not be, portrayed as more powerful than the entire Horde Faction combined at this stage of the game. That grew to be an increasingly arbitrary element of their racial characterization ages ago; and that was before the Horde recent massive influx in national power. The Alliance may have gotten the more developed reps with their ARs, but since the the Dark Irons were already part of the Alliance officially prior to BfA 
 the Horde really is the Faction that got more military and political power with theirs.

4 Likes

Exactly, even with a “powered tyrande” she barely could hold against Nathanos and she flee to someplace while Maiev was left to lead the warfront. Besides they only got those territories back at the end of the war but mostly because the war stopped to fight or else they would be still fighting a battle they can’t win

Their decandent civilization and stagnation is an example of why innovating is still important in Warcraft. Though I think this will fall in deaf ears since most of the nelves players think they have powers and feats that actually never happened and are just bragging.

Are you seriously using that as a reliable measure of strength? The only reason why Tyrande didn’t literally blow up Nathanos was because he is one of the writer’s self inserts along with Sylvanas and they will never let them die no matter what, especially not for that part of the playerbase they hate the most.

12 Likes

Also, to be fair, with what we know now 
 its very likely that both Nathanos and the Primes were benefiting from similar buffs to what Sylvie has currently attained.

He is the only one she confided in her plans completely. He was fully aware of them. Her Primes are also still important to her, if for no other reason to prevent her returning to her own hell before she’s completed what she’s doing. So 
 it’s very likely that she buffed the ever loving snot out of her boytoy and lifelines in order to give them a bit of added protection.

And now that I think about it 
 huh, if Sylvie is still keeping her Primes around 
 does that mean her contract with them is still active? That if the last of them falls, she’s going back to hell with no means of escaping this time? That’s 
 interesting to consider?

2 Likes

Yes because there is no mention or feat of the night elf warrior. So far only the human potential is left to shine but that is the blame you should put to humans and the writers in general. Still the nelves or Elune were never powerful to begin with. Even the constelation of Ysera could be something any arcane entity could do

In context now, Sylvanas’ Val’kyr were getting powered up the same as Sylvanas was, and their empowering Nathanos to hold as long as he did can be explained by all the death Sylvanas caused giving her Val’kyr greater powers as well.

Not before they rolled over your city even with Bwonsamdi there to help it.

As for the Alliance running away, Jaina and Mekkatorque are still alive, while Bwonsamdi left Rastakhan for dead, and Zandalari players got to be best friends with Jaina immediately in the next patch.

That was an odd choice if they were going to declare Darkshore was an Alliance win any way. I’ll headcanon that cinematic being canon for now, since Blizzard got that draft animated and everything.

I’m assuming he was sent back by the Arbiter.

The Night Elves are already presented as such. The Night Elf army that was sent down to Silithus was meant to counter the entire Horde army Saurfang gathered. From Elegy:

“I have written to Shandris Feathermoon to have her soldiers on high alert. Over the next few weeks, I will be dispatching troops, one or two ships at a time so as not to attract attention. Once our fleet has assembled at Feralas, they will be ready to march on the sword when I give the order.”

Shandris Feathermoon was almost as legendary as Tyrande herself. Orphaned as an adolescent when her family was slain by the Burning Legion, she had found a second mother in Tyrande.

Shandris was one of the first Sentinels and remained their general to this day. Currently, she oversaw night elf forces in the lush green land of Feralas and a place called Trueshot Lodge, where she worked with hunters of all races.

“If this Horde army does get the support of the warchief,” Tyrande continued, “it will need time to prepare. And it will need time to arrive. We will have ample opportunity to give High Overlord Saurfang a warm welcome.”

With that army still around as seen in “Terror of Darkshore,” and without Sylvanas there to support them any more, the Horde didn’t really have any chance to hold Darkshore.

The Highmountain Tauren and the Nightborne were already recruited into the Horde by the time of the War of the Thorns. And the Mag’har showed up in the Alliance side introductory questing to the Darkshore Warfront same as the core Orcs and Trolls and were defeated before the warfront proper even started. And the Zandalari are so negligible without their navy that they didn’t even show up at Orgrimmar at all when the Horde rebels and their Alliance allies showed up. That’s all the Horde’s Allied Races accounted for.

If you look up at the picture above, there’s oddly four Val’kyr instead of the three that should be remaining. John Hight said the following during an interview at Blizzcon:

Who’s to say she can’t create more [Val’kyr]? I mean she basically has the Kyrian at her disposal, and Odyn was able to, by sacrificing a single eye, create the power of the Val’kyr.

If Maiev is telling the truth, the Night Warrior is the reason basically no land is Troll land even before Azshara put them down:

Shandris Feathermoon says: Maiev. What makes this ritual so dangerous?

Maiev Shadowsong says: Legend says that long ago, Elune bestowed her fury upon our greatest warriors to secure Kalimdor.
    Maiev Shadowsong says: In a sacred ritual, the strongest among them became her avatar–the Night Warrior. Our victory was swift.

5 Likes

I’m still not going to accept that, mainly because of 3 reasons.

Firstly, this:

Secondly, the patch can still not be seen as night elf revenge no matter how you turn it

and thirdly, they will never mention it again.

That’s on you. If you want to believe the Nathanos can hold his own against Tyrande without the Val’kyr being powered up that’s your choice.

Shani Edwards was wrong, and in-game they have not presented the Night Elves as having accepted killing one Val’kyr as revenge. You’re clinging onto a game producer’s gaffe that isn’t relevant any more.

1 Like