Night Elf Player Hate

Here is a question for you, would you prefer Rezan back or keep Bwonswamdi?

1 Like

No, we complained that our race got completely annihilated at the start of BfA with an event that was made as tragic as possible and then we got a revenge patch where we not only achieved absolutely nothing besides getting shown how strong Nathanos is, but we later also got told that this is all the revenge we got and that we will ever get.
That’s 1 example.

7 Likes

So really the issue is that you were told that was your revenge at the time. Now we know that isn’t true and the story is moving on and Tyrande will be off in the Shadowlands doing her own thing. Infact told she is going to have a super important part of the story, so why are you complaining still?

How about Genn/the Worgen and his revenge on the woman that killed his son, Destroyed his home with plague(before they could fully evacuate) and then almost be completely wiped out again when sylvanas attacks the place they are taking refuge at. The worgen have been without a proper home since they were introduced to the game, I feel they should get their home back first.

How about the Dwarves get some proper attention and they take control of the Alliance. I mean they should technically be the strongest combined nation in the Alliance. Between the Wildhammer, Bronze beards and Dark irons they hold more ground, Military forces and are the main manufactures of the Alliances weapons. without them the Alliance is nothing.

Bwonswamdi, he keeps the story interesting. Rezan just seems
 Lacking to me. Just another “All powerful being that gives blessing” sort of thing, though to be fair I don’t think he was given enough time for us to see more of his personality and for Blizzard to kill him in a 5-man dungeon, and be risen as a boss there, despite him being the Loa of king left somewhat of a bitter type in my mouth.

I wouldn’t being against him coming back, but if I had to choice I’ll take the former to the ladder.

8 Likes

I think we’re going to see Hakkar in the Other Side, while we’re working with Bwonsamdi. Hakkar’s spirit said he’d deal with us another time in Cataclysm, and they’ve definitely got Metzen available again to do it.

Fair enough, I feel like Vol’jin will probably play a decent part in this expac and the Loa. Maybe they will all make it back. Sounds like the Jailer may be working with Muezala and maybe even other dark Loa that we need to deal with.

If you had to look like I do, you’d probably hate everything too.

Who says I’m complaining about that still? Besides, this completely unnecessary thread was made before we got the news. Also I’m going to believe it when I see it, we still don’t know what kind of attention Tyrande will get. In the past, it was mostly humiliation, looking at Val’sharah, Krasarang wilds and 8.1 specifially.

That could easily be fixed with an appearance change.

I can’t change my calves being larger than my thighs without divine intervention. Help an elf out, Blizz.

1 Like

Oh I’d love to see what Hakkar is up to, that and maybe Jin’do, but knowing blizzard they might have forgot about both of them until they need a new filler raid.

I think Vol’jin will get a part as well, given the build up we’ve seen through BfA so far. I’d even like to see what happens to a Loa/wild god after they’ve dead.

Also that raises an interesting question. What happened to Ysera? Are we going to meet her in the Shadowlands? Maybe hanging out with the Ardenweald, or did Elune bring take her somewhere else?

3 Likes

So unless Tyrande is presented as super powered god being that basically takes down Sylvanas single handedly and is the Hero of the Universe that is loved by everyone and makes no mistakes you won’t be happy. good to know

1 Like

It’s really pointless to discuss if you put words in my mouth like that. There is a wide gap between what you said and the humiliation I was talking about

13 Likes

How so? you claim Val’sharah and 8.1 were humiliations of their character. Sounds like you wanted her to basically defeat Nathanos and all the undead on Darkshore and drive off the horde.

In Val’Sharah what else did you want, for her to defeat corrupted ysera in single combat. Or perhaps cure all the corruption and defeat the nightmare by her lonesome?

I mean you explain to me exactly why you want Tyrande to do and why she should be the sole focus of that.

Uh
 yes of course? That should be self explanatory in a revenge patch. It’s their lands and after having their civilization completely destroyed, what you suggested would’ve been the least.

Remember the embarassing dialogues when she was looking for Malfurion?

For example stuff like:

• Find out what’s up with Elune
  • Save her people’s souls from the eternal torment in the maw
  • NOT forgive the horde without anything like Anduin did
  • If anyone gets to ever take out Sylvanas, may it be in a quest or in a raid, she should play a role in it.
  • A new place for the Night Elves to make their home, even if it’s not reflected ingame. Just lore wise. Could even be Gilneas together with the Worgen.

Too much to ask?

8 Likes

hum that was basically what happened lol.
or at least what it should have been portrayed ingame. this was she returning to the story after the genocide.

So of course that she going ultra instinct had to be portrayed as powerlful, killing a random like nathanos he should have been one shotted, he doesn’t even stand a chance versus regular tyrande.

4 Likes

Imagine starting off as a race equal to the alliance and the horde. Now imagine that race being downgraded over the years into refugees in a human nation. Wouldn’t you be pissed?

17 Likes

Imagine being the Alliance proper and then having to make room in your narrative for this other group who keeps demanding more and more of the focus so you fall to the wayside.

Every time they are given content they complain about how it was executed and how they are portrayed and then demand more focus to fix it.

Short of Anduin (who is just terrible) and Jaina her flip flopping attitude the rest of the Alliance has not done much this expac. How about we get Blizzard just kill off all these stupid characters they can’t get right and we get some of the others built up right.

1 Like

Honestly It would have been more compelling if she had lost her powers because Elune wouldn’t respond and she had to go into next expac to find out why.

Rather than blizzard giving the Special snowflake more power and then not do anyhting with it.

Those night elf fans are zealots, the purple, pointed eared version of male human paladins or mudhut orcs. Comparing the majority to a loud minority in an echo chambet is asinine.

Night elves are unique in their conversion from a faction of their own to a lesser member of another faction. Even the Forsaken were established as a minority in WC3. Every lore dump for them has been a depowerment, a retcon, or a sundering to weaken them into reliance on their new allies, who are often getting what passes for a fistpump for the alliance in the process. Even their leaders are written as disinterested in the wellbeing of their followers at best, or completely incompetent to justify human leadership. Mind-boggling that people dont enjoy said stories at their favorite races expense. Much faction pride.

26 Likes

i don’t think that would be compelling at all considering how the expansion started.
You want them to be not only genocided, their leaders turned into idiots and on top of that that elune abandon thems entirely even when they worshipped her for 10 k years?

Would that be compelling to you? because that sounds like completely destroying the pride of a race forever.
Sure, they got hit hard, but at least not all is lost, for now at least.
and still bringed the conflict of “did elune really abandon us?”

now imagine this, they return to darkshore for vengeance, and for what?
Only for elune to ignore them and break their spirits?
is that compelling? because, i dont’ know man.

11 Likes