Night Elf Player Hate

And the random (secret) Night Elf hunting lodge in Highmountain that served as the Hunter’s order hall.

6 Likes

It did not look quite the Night Elf motif to me, so I believe the Highmountain tauren put some of their own flavor into the construction.

2 Likes

Other than the “leader” seeming to be a Night Elf, nothing about the place screamed it was a Night Elf Hunting Lodge. Just my opinion, I also never completed the campaign so maybe there is more to the story.

That’s Trueshot Lodge, the Hunter order hall, which is very much in line with standard Night Elf lodge architecture.

and Highmountain houses for comparison.

And Thundertem, their capital.

It’s clear that there’s just not much, if any, Highmountain influence in the Hunter order hall- in Highmountain. It’s pretty much a higher res Night Elf lodge.

7 Likes

I wonder why night elf fanatics have this crazy narcisistic sense of entitlement like they are entitled to have a zone just for them or having special treatment or that in a world of war where a lot of people suffered they matter more than everyone else.

Also the part where they turn everything into a pitty olimpic and can t understand why people think they are annoying.

8 Likes

Look at the inside and the outer accoutrements again sometime. They don’t really call out as things that Night Elves would add to a Hall. My private suspicion is that Jarod and Huln built the original lodge as somewhere for them and a couple of buds to be private, play poker, and get stinking drunk.

At some point, it was given over to the Hunter order which made additions and modifications to the site. The Eagle transportation system is definitely Tauren.

Even the interior…

Has no real relation to Highmountain interior design…

The interior archicture is also Night Elven.

It’s the furniture and other decorations that are not distinctly Night Elf, instead taking more a mix of Orcish (weapons on walls, skins on the floor) and Human/Dwarven (long tables, chairs).

But there’s really nothing at all Tauren/Highmlountain about it other than the Eagles you use to get to and from there.

7 Likes

I find people complaining about Night Elf fans to be even more of a problem than the Night Elf fans themselves. You’re just feeding them and drawing even more attention to them.

15 Likes

I didn’t like that either, but I thought I had enough examples to make my point. Rather, I liked Black Rook Hold in and of itself, but I wish it wasn’t taking up real estate in Val’sharah.

You do remember that Black Rock Hold WAS a key location in War of the Ancients? That Ravencrest was also a key figure as well?

1 Like

Yes, I do remember all of that.

This also means that we’ve got to stretch our ideas of what Night Elf architecture can encompass.

…did you reply to me by accident? Because I wasn’t part of the night elf architecture discussion.

1 Like

I feel like Night elves are too much of a special snowflake syndrome. They were introduced in Warcraft 3 and at that time it was a massive retcon to the established lore.

They are immortal beings tied to the very nature of Azeroth and respected by Ancient beings such as wild gods, Aspects and ancients. They even have their very own super powerful goddess looking out for them

They essentially single handedly have defeated old god armies, Legion invasions and scourge invasions in the past

They have most powerful mortal beings leading their faction and a whole bunch of side characters that are no slouches either. Those born with Golden eyes are apparently super powerful as well.

Of course Nightelf players are going to feel bad when they are defeated by horde or treated as equals by other members of the Alliance. They are supposed to be super beings of unrivaled power and Knowledge.

So sure Night elves have had a rough hand this expac but they cannot expect to continually be the center of the warcraft universe when there are other races have been around far longer than them and get half the amount of focus.

13 Likes

Formerly immortal The only immortal player races are Draenei and the Forsaken.

yeah and they don’t stop complaining about losing that do they?

I wouldn’t say Forsaken are immortal, seems like the become mindless undead after a short while.

Also seems like Velen has still aged so he can probably die of old age, just depends on how long the light will sustain him.

Eeeh. Technically yes, but in practice they still have thousands of years of life ahead of them after having lived for 10,000 years without aging. And some of them were thousands of years old before they became immortal in the first place!

They just shifted from “immortal” to “nigh immortal”.

5 Likes

People don’t understand why a fans race that has been systematically broken down and beaten into fitting in a faction that doesn’t align with them and has much of its more interesting facets amputated so that other races can have them awkwardly grafted to other racial backstories. Furthermore their racial story is repeated stories of loss because unlike other races, they actually have stuff to lose.

Night Elf fans only look like snowflakes if you’re ignorant of history and Blizzard laziness. The only different between them and troll fans is that there are more of them.

11 Likes

I don’t know about that, they seem to complain that they weren’t able to defeat the Horde single handedly and make plenty of arguments on why they shouldn’t be able to be ambushed or why their leader should wipe the ground with the Horde.

They complain when they’re dead are raised but apparently Human players shouldn’t when entire human armies are raised as undead all the time and turn on them.

I’ve seen plenty of Troll posters complaining that Zandalar isn’t ruling the world.

1 Like

Understatement of the century.

I’m just happy the Dark Spears got some spotlight. Though from what I’ve read about Trolls in the shadowlands, and only getting a 5-man dungeon with whatever is going on with Bwonsamdi. I’m just hoping he isn’t on the chopping block.

3 Likes