Night Elf Player Hate

On one hand it is what the story demands, but the other, they didn’t know how dire the situation was for Eastern kingdoms until Tyrande and Malfurion went over there in the frozen throne for the shards of the alliance mission.

Side note… the dialogue for that mission is curious, the blood elves and night elves are supposed to hate eachother, but were very cordial and welcoming to eachother in that scenario. Was the schism between the High elves and Night elves written after The frozen throne? I mean the whole story of the Highborne and night elf split.

3 Likes

…I’m not going to bother to try and parse your passive-aggressive non-sequitur thoughts. I’m just going to affirm my point in bringing up that quotation that you can very easily infer that those involved with Saurfang’s rebellion clearly weren’t okay with what happened at Teldrassil, which is the main point I was getting at (and you had difficulty acknowledging).

Citation please. And no, I’m not going to accept no evidence as evidence, I want you to pull a quotation where Baine very specifically condones or approves of the mass murder of the Night Elves.

1 Like

Actions speak louder than words.
Baine stood side by side with Sylvanas right after Teldrassil.

That’s all you need to see to prove the entire Horde approved of her actions.

At no point in any of the dialogues you quoted proved anything resembling any sort of self-reflection and penance on Horde character’s direct and willing participation of mass slaughter and war crimes by the Horde.

1 Like

So in other words… you got nothing.

I think we’re done here.

3 Likes

And you have nothing either.

Its quite clear the Horde approved of Sylvanas and her actions.
If you are looking for the evidence of it in words alone then look no further than Lorthemar who literally says most of the Horde supports Sylvanas.

2 Likes

I gave you stuff. You threw non-sequiturs at me, and when I asked for a specific dialogue, all you give me is “Actions speak louder than words and he stood next to Sylvanas, so its implied he supports her and is totally chill WITH THE MASS MURDER OF THE NIGHT ELVEN POPULATION.”

This from someone who had trouble interpreting Lor’themar’s apparent regret in not stepping in to stop Sylvanas early on in the war and possibly sparing Teldressil the flame when the sentences in sequence I quoted obviously pointed in that direction? It stretches incredulity how your ability to glean information varies this drastically.

No, I’m done giving you attention at this point. Feel free venting your passive aggressive thoughts towards everyone else.

3 Likes

Gee. standing side by side with a leader after an event that put them in a dammed if you do, dammed if you don’t situation.

If the Tauren pulled out of the Horde after Teldrassil, what would keep the alliance from marching on them for vengeance, if they want to alliance, what would keep the alliance from killing them?

Post Teldrassil was really a “rock and hard place” situation for the Horde

If so, WHY did we get the chaoice to turn against her before the end? Really, most of the Horde were stuck even if they did not approve of Sylvanas.

Of course most of the Horde still supported her, they were only seeing the results of her actions. It is akin to saying most of the Germans in WWII supported Hiter after he had made Germany a powerful nation again.

3 Likes

Well they stood side by side with her and still didn’t get wiped out.
What does that tell you about this nonsensical argument that Alliance had started killing the Horde en mass so they had no choice byut to continue supporting her?

Can you show me which race got genocided by the Alliance?

Because Sylvanas, like Garrosh, turned on her allies and forced them to switch sides.
Oh and of course the whole Nzoth threat.

Obviously this is true. How could it not be? And his lack of apology, penance or even a damn excuse of why he and many others did so is proof enough of the Horde’s lack of morality.

1 Like

This thread really pulled everyone out of the woodworks huh? There’s like 4-5 arguments going on in just the last 40 posts :joy:

Accusation in the form of a question is still accusation.

Sticking with her, regardless of his reason or discomfort, is the definition of not turning against her.

I had specified the time period being Nazjatar trap, not when she called them nothing.

A rebalancing they no longer are sticking to given that they gave Horde questing in Darkshore and breaking said balance, but disregarding that with phasing now, as can all zones be affected in the future without consideration of the balance because of the precedent.

This I agree with, though.

1 Like

Well, they really did a number or two on the Trolls on all fronts.

And there was that time they very nearly considered it for the orcs but instead opted to just imprison their race in internment camps, including children.

Which, going by your logic, the Alliance never actually apologized for and so obviously supported en masse.

lol, as if I needed further convincing to wish that ignore was a feature I could access.

Last bit for now because I got places to be, but this particular quote you pulled still came after you accused me of having just wanted the Horde to get the last punch in, IE, accusing me of projection since that was what I asserted certain Alliance players (who shall henceforth go unnamed) wanted.

1 Like

It’s because Blizzard retconned their past to make the kaldorei less uhh… morally correct, for eschewing the queldorei and banishing them. So, that’s where the animosity comes from, atop the fact that blood elves are now, as of the retcon, as long-lived as kaldorei are. Some people are just as old as Tyrande (presumably), and just as angry as she is (definitely)*.

*At the time of the cutscene.

For a guy who likes his contexts it funny how you avoided the question of which horde races got genocided after BFA.

But if you want to go throughout the entire existance of Alliance.
Ok. Sure.

Orc internment camps were done by Lordaeron to avoid killing all the orc prisoners.
Those humans later became Forsaken as Stormwind had no such internment camps.

As for the trolls. Both sides killed each other. We don’t know nearly enough about the human - troll worlds to even reference specific events and what happened.

3 Likes

Really? you are taking this route? let me sum it up for you, if the story was making any sense, Teldrassil put the Horde in a situation where if they broke off from Sylvanas, they could easily face the might of the alliance alone, and the Alliance would be well within their rights to do so. On the other hand, if they stayed with Sylvanas, at least until a proper rebellion could form, they could be protected by the rest of the Horde.

The only thing stopping Horde that broke from Sylvanas getting creamed by the Alliance is the fact that Blizzard can’t write Alliance as doing anything even slightly dark. In otherwords, you are trying to use the writing for the Horde as evidence they supported Sylvanas, yet also the same quality of writing to show that the Horde had nothing to worry about.

3 Likes

So… in short. They supported Sylvanas and joined her instead of joining the Alliance when they tried to capture her at lordaeron.

This is like Siege of Orgrimmar except the Horde decided to join Garrosh instead of alliance. Regardless of WHY they did it. They still did it.

So why aren’t the Horde characters explaining their actions at the very least?
We are not even talking about penances, punishments or justice.

You seem to think head canoning that the “Horde characters were scared!” is an acceptable excuse for this narrative limbo. I assure you it isn’t.

3 Likes

They really didn’t though. They did nothing in the first war and were more than willing to do nothing in the second. It wasn’t until Alleria showed up with evidence of the orcs and trolls working together that Anasterian sent Alleria and a small group of Farstriders to help. After that he left the Alliance entirely seeing as his debt to the line of Arathi was paid.

2 Likes

What would keep the Alliance from marching on Thunder Bluff? Dude, have you seen who our High King is???

Even after Teldrassil when we show up to Lordaeron Anduin wanted Sylvanas to surrender… He wasn’t there to kill her, he was there to make her surrender… seriaously!? He’s so freaking stupid. So yes the Tauren, and others could have probably backed out of the Horde after Teldrassil, leaving Sylvanas and her loyalists, and have been okay.

Hell as we saw in Before the Storm Anduin and Baine were buddies sending letters back and forth. There really is no excuse for the Horde continuing to aid and support Sylvanas after Teldrassil.

3 Likes

Do you not have characters like Rodgers? Do you not have those that would see an opportunity for revenge and be more then happy to take it? Yeah, Anduin would likely welcome any that went to him with open arms, but what is one common complaint the alliance has? that Anduin is not the best leader for all of the alliance.

Anyone that has not been “anduinized” is a wild card for the Horde, one that they can’t always take a risk on.

It wasn’t even just the threat of the Alliance. The possibility of Sylvanas turning her eye toward Thunder Bluff if they tried to turn against her without any additional support was also there. Sylvanas is famous for her vindictive streak.

In fact that is exactly what everyone assumed Sylvanas would do next after defeating the rebellion. Burn Thunder Bluff to the ground.

3 Likes

Just to be clear, are you actually suggesting Horde having single short questline in a phased version of Darkshore is the same or even similar as making it a leveling zone in a world revamp?

2 Likes