Night Elf Player Hate

Or the Tauren and Night Elves can just agree to share Stonetalon and Feralas peacefully without divisions.

9 Likes

I noticed that trend months ago, itā€™s almost always some NE player whining that Tyrande is getting shafter and REEā€™ing for vengeance for Teldrassil or that Blizzard hates Night elves.

Youā€™re cringy as all hell.

Possible, I had actually thought there need to be an exception in Stonetalon as it is sacred land for the Tauren too. however, I would like to leave room open in Feralas in particular if they ever decided to rebuild the ruins down there for the Kaldorei. As unlikely as that is to occur.

Iā€™m not a fan of Dire Maul. The uninstanced portion of it on the actual world map is literally a hole in the ground.

Anyone who still cares about (or plays) WoW is pretty cringe tbqhwyf

2 Likes

If you want to go back in and time and do the whole deposing Sylvanas bit without the assistance of Saurfang, Iā€™m game to see how that might turn out.

There are more ways to make up for wrongdoing than being executed or jailed for it. Saurfang willingly sacrificed himself, the Horde are reforming themselves to remove the risk that comes from the abuse a malicious Warchief can wield (which all but guarantees that another Teldrassil wonā€™t happen since no one person in the Horde can command as much power anymore), and are helping to save the world as we speak. Again.

Feel free to hold onto your unrealistic expectations that the rest of the ā€œself-serving Hordeā€ deserves Saurfangā€™s same fate. Iā€™m certain that holding onto the demand that Blizzard deleteā€™s half of its playerbase wonā€™t lead to an ever increasing amount of disappointment.

Yes, they only did it because she hurt their feelings.

Why even bother pretending youā€™re following the lore when you plainly substitute in your own head-canon? Clearly the Horde had many other concerns besides whether or not Sylvanas offends them.

3 Likes

Itā€™s not a headcanonā€¦ Lorā€™themar said that Sylvanas had the support of the people which is why it was a bit problematic to just start a rebellion against her.

Outside of Saurfang, Baine, and the other leaders and the few that followed them there werenā€™t many against her. Remember in the cinematic between Anduin and Saurfang when Anduin is like, ā€œThere are so fewā€¦ā€ Yeah thatā€™s because the majority of the Horde supported Sylvanas until she was mean and called them nothing.

11 Likes

This acts as though the Alliance doesnā€™t have its share of reprehensible stuff either. The Horde is often the faction that gets villain batted with Warchiefs that go beyond the pale, sure, and that has been especially true this expansion, with the darkest moment of the Horde Alliance conflict at the very outset. But when has the Alliance apologized for the Night Elves shooting first at Gromā€™s party, the Stormpikes intruding and trying to force out the Frostwolves from the valley they peacefully resided in without partaking in the Old Hordeā€™s genocidal campaigns, or Varian attacking the Undercity and then trying to kill the leadership? Has the Horde needed to get over those?

The cycle on the Hordeā€™s part could be considered somewhat broken by the Warchief position being abolished. But Iā€™m going to guess that it might continue thanks to some prodding by one party in particular who wants vengeance. -looks at Tyrande-

1 Like

Oh , of course not Dire maul, I meant the ruins of Isildien to the south. That is a fairly substantial ruin that could be remade into a pretty cool city if they ever wanted to do that.

3 Likes

Sylvanas calling the Horde ā€œnothingā€ was not simply insulting them, and it is grossly misleading to characterize it that way. Itā€™s a confession that she was always using them for her own ends, not the Hordeā€™s. Itā€™s a confession that she was never on their side.

4 Likes

To the person(s) that keeps saying that night elf players and making it seem like it is all of us, stop lumping us all together. U donā€™t like it being done to u but when it is reflected back on u, u get irate about it.

ALL the races of Azeroth and other worlds have been done wrong by the poor writing of Blizz people. This is what we need to take into account and not just focus on our own favorite race(mine being the ever exalted night elves. HA! gotcha lol)

What should have been done, and can still possibly be done, is rotate the stories, taking 3 races at a time, so as all can be covered.

I just started playing last year and fell in love with it when I first started out as night elf. I let go and gave up all other games for WoW. Those of you that have been playing a lot longer than me, u have lost the sight of seeing the graphical beauty of World of Warcraft and your vision became tunneled.

That being said, if Blizzard actually makes Tyranda look bad in their writing, I will stay to play but not sure how long. And if they continue to downplay all the genicidal crap that they wrote, I will no longer give my endorsement of WoW.

7 Likes

Yes, we agree on this. Thatā€™s something we the players have known since Vanilla. But that still doesnā€™t change the fact that they supported her up until she was ā€œmean to themā€, in this case her admitting she didnā€™t care about them.

That still doesnā€™t change the fact that they were fine with her actions prior to thatā€¦ whether she cared about the Horde or not they were fine with her committing genocide.

6 Likes

This is some whataboutism to try to look away from the Hordeā€™s potentially getting away with reprehensible actions without having to address it.

You are correct, the Night Elves were wrong to attack the Orcs and Humans without talking to them, and should have at least apologized for it. But you know who actually got over it for the sake of peace? Amusingly, the Alliance, again, who allied with the Night Elves and has never brought up the Night Elves attacking them because of the lumber ever again.

But you are intentionally misguiding the conversation away from what the Horde did with the War of the Thorns and what Sylvanasā€™ loyalists did in burning Teldrassil as if it shouldnā€™t be addressed.

8 Likes
4 Likes

I remember that feeling. I feel in love with tube forests of Teldrassil immediately. I started in 07 but it was just so different back then. Darkshore was still gloomy but interesting and Ashenvale was just beautiful. Nowā€¦:pensive:

I think she meant in BfA but I see your point.

1 Like

I disagree with the characterization of it being ā€œwhataboutismā€, because its generally one sided. Players point to the Horde and act as if the two factions finally stopping at taking shots at one another only benefits the Horde. You see the attempts at breaking the cycle of conflict where retaliation merits retaliation characterized as being the weak link, and a lot of people against ā€œletting the Horde get away with reprehensible actsā€ are really only interested in getting the last shot in without getting hit back.

No. They. Werenā€™t.

Even as far back as A Good Warā€¦

Silence fell over the Horde. Even the cries of the captured night elves vanished. Everyone watched in disbelief

That is the description of when Teldrassil caught fire. Thatā€™s not the description of a ringing endorsement. Even when Garrosh bombed Theramore, it drew cheers from a crowd of Horde warriors eager for a victory against the Alliance in the middle of a war.

Saurfang pondered suicide by Alliance. An orc warrior and his son speak grimly of it. This was the beginning of actual dissent, and anyone who says that it only happened when the Hordeā€™s ā€œfeelings were hurtā€ are either missing the narrative, or misreading it for cheap forum points.

5 Likes

The Alliance has not been a threat of the Horde during this way because of what you yourself have pointed out:

The end of the war without the Horde or the Alliance facing any consequences for their actions during it is mostly one sided indeed. In the Hordeā€™s favor.

No different from yourself wanting the Horde to have gotten the last shots in and not wanting the Horde to get hit back for it just because Sylvanas was evil all along.

Deathstalker Commander Belmont says: Your tree... was just the beginning.

Blizzard has the Horde defile the dead at Darkshore and blight the land that the Horde wrongfully tried to steal and keep. Blizzard doubled down on the Hordeā€™s sins with a warfront framed by the charred husk of Teldrassil as a skybox.

Orcs, Trolls, and Blood Elves along with the Forsaken and Goblins all continue to support the Horde forces at Darkshore while basking under a monument to Hordeā€™s depravity there at.

On top of everything listed above, this is how the Horde is presented in the Alliance introduction to the Darkshore Warfront, using prisoners at Darkshore as target practice:

10 Likes

If Blizz just came out and said ā€œthe Horde forces remaining in Darkshore were all Sylvanas loyalists, the rest of the Horde hated what had happened, left, and didnā€™t know this sort of thing was going onā€ and then let the night elves go rout those loyalists out of Darkshore and Ashenvale, then thatā€™d be a good start.

Itā€™s a scenario where I would normally have said that Blizzard was trying to sweep Horde participation under the rug. But what they have datamined so far is somehow even much worse than that.

I donā€™t think the Alliance needs to be written to stomp all over the Horde player. But there needs to be some story resolution over this.

9 Likes

I wish there were closure in the affected races in this expansion. Everything feels forced to the point you can see the scotch tape

9 Likes

BfAā€™s plot is entirely built on overreaching (particularly the catapults), but at least thereā€™s an excuse for this.

Remember, the Hordeā€™s assault on Teldrassil relied on the bulk of the Night Elf military being sent off to Silithus, so that they could get to the tree relatively unimpeded. Teldrassil only had civillians. The Night Elf army likely suffered way less casualties, proportionally. Throw in the Gilneans, too, and the Horde being mostly focused with Zandalar and Kul Tiras andā€¦

Not sure why Iā€™m thinking this through when this is BfA weā€™re talking about.

3 Likes