Night Elf Player Hate

Hyjal has been a neutral zone since it was introduced and was never taken by the Horde, them going to Nordrassil gives zero information on the status of Darkshore or Ashenvale in the lore whatsoever.

9 Likes

Lol game mechanics tell use the borders now? I guess Ashenvale is neutral tll and hillsbard, wet lands, theramore, all neutral contested zones

The Guardians of Hyjal are a neutral faction and you go to Hyjal as part of a quest to deal with the big Azerite monster as both Horde and Alliance, as well as when you’re a druid player on the G’hanir questline. Until we are told in lore otherwise, it’s a neutral zone because it’s held by a neutral faction. Neutral as in not contested or the focus of war.

Guess its not netural anymore if the nelves are moving there, so odd that they pick a place surrounded by horde forces, odder still that baine and thrall would keep nelf lands lol

Eh, it might wind up remaining neutral for game mecs, but lore wise belong to the Night Elves.

3 Likes

Your lack of self-awareness is almost adorable.

2 Likes

Its not a lack of, sometimes you have to show, not tell.

well i don’t blame them, they are the ones who suffered heavy bad writting during the entire history of wow, not only bfa.

teldrassid getting destroyed and then saurfang and the horde being the ones who recieved the CGI cinematics didn’t help
 at all.

12 Likes

I get this feeling. One time, I was involved in a online sci-fi civilization rp, kinda homebrewed together by a friend, we all made our own races and ships and stuff. My species’ home planet was stumbled upon in the first “round”, much to the surprise of everyone (GM included), and by a race that was basically inspired by the reavers from Firefly, so just combat ensues.

Mechanically, it was probably bad, and the creation of a species that only goes attack attack attack was basically just an opt out of any substantial roleplay apart from fighting. Storywise, though, I enjoyed the wrinkle it added to my own species’ backstory, and am sad that it was shortly discontinued.

I suppose I have a type, and its not for everyone, but then to be honest I’m sometimes surprised people raise as much ruckus over Night Elves when Elves in the Warcraft universe have always had the fading race trope going for them for as far back as Warcraft 3, so it kinda seems like getting a boat with obvious holes in it and not complaining about them until you’ve invested in a purchase.

1 Like

mages can actually move armies fairly easily unfortunately multiple references in game state that it’s extremely easy to stop mass teleportation as well.

1 Like

I find posters such as yourself to be a much greater problem, as you not only actively encourage and promote these kinds of threads by posting in them to act as a sound board for them, you create even more threads to the surplus of threads you are complaining about.

And I find you to be one of the posters most lacking in empathy around here.

Usually intentionally so.

10 Likes

Don’t worry, admitting that you float down here with the rest of us is the first step to recovery.

6 Likes

Ya man im so over it. Wow forums are really not a healthy place.

Now now, I dont wanna lie now.

We don’t need to hurt Horde players to get Justice for the Nelves.

The one time I felt the Alliance was remotely vindicated, was in that one quest in Stormsong valley where you go around burning orcs alive with their own flamethrower. And that was after Brennadam, mind you. Something entirely unrelevant to the Horde.

It would’ve been so easy to give Nelves something like that. Do a pre-patch questline in reverse, with the Nelves guerrilla-slaughtering their way from Darkshore to Ashenvale, and maybe spilling a bit into Stonetalon or Azshara or Felwood.

But instead we got the Darkshore Warfront, which only served to further aggravate the situation. Tyrande gets turned into a Demigod+ and the best she can do (with Malfurion’s support too) is down a single Val’kyr? Meanwhile the Horde reanimates Night Elves who immediately turn on their former kin, only for these Night Elves to get abandoned by their maker two patches later.

11 Likes

I mean if ima be the villan may as well go all out right?

I wish you were over it. You come play the victim in these threads so often you might as well be ËlĂ«sĂ„na’s Horde alt.

10 Likes

You too! I can see your bias from a country mile away!

1 Like

You say that like it’s a bad thing.

7 Likes

You remembered my post! Aww how thoughtful.

Where your bias and mine differ is that I can see through mine, you? No so much.

Anyway isnt ppl playing victim so annoying?

1 Like

You should be more consistent on this philosophy.

5 Likes