Night Elf Mega Thread - Please Stop Blizzard

I agree… I fell in love with WoW when I started my first character, a druid night elf. They seemed so wild, and I liked that the sentinels were women and shown to be powerful without wearing bikini armor (a dramatic turn from the archers/warriors we saw in the warfront / genocide cinematic and questline). The whole origin story was amazing, the fact they gave up civilization and marble halls in favor of nature and the wilderness and had to embrace their own mortality. And even the evolution of the highborn to high elves was fascinating. All of that work…all of that lore…gone.

Instead, once the Horde had a suitable “better” night elf (nightborne), Blizzard just decided night elves should be trashed all together. It is suspicious to me that once the unique race that was an icon for Alliance players was given to the current team’s favored faction, they suddenly decided to literally destroy all the night elves they could. It is as if they went “oh, well we have night elves over here too now, they have a huge awesome city, and we dont have to write those tree elves into the story anymore.”

Another link to an interesting thread opened to day on justice and revenge:

So, if killing Brynja was “revenge” for Teldrassil

2 Likes