[Next Event: July 5th] 🎲 Warcraft is a Stage Community

NEXT PLANNED WIAS EVENT:
Druid Dicemaster - Tentative July 5th
Everlook Animation Project - Monday Nights

Warcraft is a Stage was founded in 2015 under the name Events Across Azeroth by myself to help players of Wyrmrest Accord find public events and roleplay. Throughout the years I maintained events on a Google calendar, posted RP articles, and linked to RP resources and tools under both these titles.

I always had hopes of building it into a community, and now I have a few good people with me that share that ambition and we are working towards making it happen.

What it is:

Our intention for Warcraft is a Stage is to build a collective of guilds and players that actively seek to create roleplay with each other through a variety of means including storylines, in-character alliances, and antagonism, in-game events, Dicemaster, etc.

We are also a community that seeks to create an inclusive and safe RP environment for all members regardless of skill. Out-of-character we provide a helpful and relaxed environment to make friends and learn new things.

How you can be involved:

Currently, we are looking for:

• folks that just want to be involved in the projects
  • folks that want to help initiate stories through dice events

Just join the Discord, and you are half way there: https://discord.gg/j3ap4cy

Want a bit more info? Take a look at our Google Site : sites.google.com/view/warcraftisastage/home

CURRENT PROJECTS

The Everlook Animation Project
We meet each Monday to animate Everook as a bustling town with business and just folks wanting to chat. More info in the Everook discord: https://discord.gg/nmmXasg

Antoganist Directory
A directory of folks willing (and wanting) to play the bad guys for RP plots. We are currently coming up with a rule set that we want to abide by and the directory postings.

Roleplay Spaces Directory/Map
This is a sort of personal project that I have been overseeing for a while. I have compiled screenshots and descriptions of neato roleplay spaces with all the info you need to get started. This is all in hopes to move RP to places that are not major cities.

Warcraft Event Calendar
STILL GOING STRONG SINCE 2013. An event calendar where YOU can post your own events. Please share around, add it to your own guild/discord calendars, and enjoy!

6 Likes

Please come by and visit us - we do not bite; and are excited to bring the community together!

1 Like

End of weekend bump for this new community! We have seen a few folks come through the Discord already - don’t be shy and introduce yourself and what you’d like to see from the community.

Also - me and Saren there are not GREAT with Discord and we broke our bot… if you are having issues when you join message us.

Hello! We have more details on our first few events that are happening!

N-RP WIAS Dicemaster Character Building
Friday & Tuesday, August 23 & 27⋅6:00 – 8:00 ST WRA

Description:
Set up your character and have all your questions answered by the WIAS GMs! This is a Non-RP session to get your toons ready for Dicemaster events with WIAS.

Themes: non-RP Dicemaster setup
Length: about 60 minutes
Sign-up required: yes
Event contact: Pepperbomb

The event will take place in the WIAS Discord: discord.gg/knPA5x3 and will take about an hour or so depending on how many people are present. This event is suitable for new RPers.

N-RP Azing’s Wild Ride
Sunday, September 1 @ 6:00 – 7:30 ST WRA

Description:
An important artifact has gone missing. This artifact held back a magician of demi-god like power from releasing his true form and power onto Azeroth. If we don’t find it soon, Everyone. Will. Die.

Posted on a nearby hiring board: HELP! I have lost something precious to me… if I don’t find it soon who knows what will happen. Contact Azing in Zangarmarsh to get in on the recovery team!

Themes: comedy & adventure
Length: about 90 minutes
Sign-up required: yes
Event contact: Cardemi - discord.gg/knPA5x3

This is an intro Dicemaster event hosted by WIAS, that demonstrates how the system works and can be used in RP.

This event is suitable for new RPers! Are you an old hat? You can come too.

This event requires sign-up (max 8 players) and you need to set up a character sheet before the event. Contact us on our Warcraft is a Stage Discord, discord.gg/knPA5x3, to sign up and set up your character.

2 Likes

Tuesday Bump to promote WIAS and the First event.

1 Like

The first event is happening tomorrow! We can help you build a character ready for the WIAS Dicemaster events, and have a chance to talk to one of our Game Masters!

Night bump for tomorrows event!!

Pepperbomb is hosting their intro to Dicemaster tonight! If you are interested in doing some community run Dicemaster with us you should check this out.

DiceMaster character workshop tonight! Contact me, Pepperbomb! I will be in the Circle of Wills in the Underbelly of Dalaran in Northrend at 6pm server time. Join our discord discord.gg/knPA5x3. This is open to the public for everyone who wants to participate in ‘Warcraft is a Stage’ events. While this is a Horde side event, If you are Alliance and want to bring a Horde Alt to set up traits for an Alliance character that’s fine too.

Oh sure, Lindie, you wait till 2 months after I retire Atos to do this. :stuck_out_tongue: I see how it is!

Still comin’ though, you can’t stop me.

1 Like

Lol. Bring your friends.

Next event is tomorrow! So while you are waiting in that 120049834 hour Classic queue, why not come hang with our GM Pepperbomb and create a character sheet for a WIAS adventure?

Tonight! Come and learn a bit about Dicemaster and roll a character sheet for your toon!

Next event is soon! Come to the Discord and play with us, open to anyone over level 60!

Tomorrow night! Come join us!

This is tonight! There are only a couple spots left if you want to join us :smile:

Thank you to everyone that came out to the event tonight, w had a full group! There were some good chuckles, and I think it was a good way to introduce the Dicemaster addon, and what we can do for /roll style events.

We have a few events that will be coming up soon*:

Sept 28th - a multi-part /roll campaign that aligns with current content for Horde
Oct 5th - a single session /roll event for Druids - neutral (maybe)
Nov 2nd - The return of the Cenarion Circle Conference - a neutral Druid ceremony, workshop and networking event.

*Dates subject to change!

Join up with our Discord server to sign up for these events and set your character sheets up!

Join us! We are sharing ant and dog pictures cause we are big nerds :slight_smile:

Bump for some cool people that I have been meeting in this community!

The Horde has need of a cleanup crew and Turbotwist is right for the job! The fighting in Darkshore has spilt over into the Zoram Strand leaving salvage ripe for the taking! Due to the nature of this particular job, only Horde aligned, or neutral characters may be present. Bring your work gloves and your wetsuits, someone might be volun-told to go on a dive!

We’ll be meeting at Zoram’gar Outpost, Ashenvale at 6:00pm server time on the 13th to start!

Contact Meqa in game or through Discord DM’s for more information.

We had a huge influx of folks coming through this weekend, lots of great people and great ideas flying around. Can’t wait to make some of them happen!

Thanks to our Dicemaster GM, Meqa, for running a smooth event on Friday… can’t wait to see more of that.