[News] Visions of N’Zoth: Auction House Update Preview

Tentatively I’m liking it, but really need to see how it works in practice (I rarely deal on the AH on either end). I really like the idea of getting prof materials and consumables and w/e else out to those that use them at a reasonable price. I hope flippers don’t hang it up - they provide a useful service. Margins may be smaller but there is still profit to be made.

You can already do that without addons.

1 Like

Auctioneer :frowning:

THIS

Nice. I’m always happy when you guys add WildStar features to the game (RIP WildStar). Now, if you’d just add their player housing.

1 Like

“When selling commodity items, rather than setting a price for stacks of items, you’ll be able to choose a unit price, allowing buyers the ability to decide how many of an item they wish to purchase.”

I’m not a fan of this. I like the current AH.

2 Likes

It’s like buying fruits and vegetables at the grocery store; customers get to decide how much they buy. Not sure why you’d want to be forced to buy set amounts. I hate it when you only need a handful, but the best price per unit is stuck in a stack of 200, uuugh!

I hated the default sell by stack price of the old AH, this new one might do away with that problem.

I hope that the stock AH will have shift-click capability along with auto search so you don’t have to press search button after shift clicking. Also it would be nice to shift-click from the text entry in profession menus.

I’d do the same.

3 Likes

That warning post is screwing with my posting auctions. pops up and stops the posting

“After further analysis of the way the Auction House is used” Caught the lie, you not only don’t pay attention, you refuse outright to ever pay attention to what people have been saying since classic.

Out of all the things wrong with the game, this was hardly on the top of the list of needed changes right?..right?

Do us a favor and go to Youtube and search “how to listen to your customers”

And watch…Every…Single…Video…That…Comes…Up.

4 Likes

Personally, I like the new AH. It might not appeal to everyone, and that’s okay. We’re all entitled to have our opinion.

I frequent the AH a lot. Both a buyer a seller. I have been saying for years that we shouldn’t have to click on all those stacks individually. And they finally heard me (j/k)!

Also, I like that I can drag an item to the “sell” bar, and it automatically prices it. (I’m lazy, what can I say?), Like the addons I have been using.

Like I said, it’s my opinion, and everyone is entitled to their own. But I personally like it. A lot. Thank you, Blizzard.

Off topic. Blizzard, will you please add a “howl” emote for worgens and shamans in ghost wolf form. Trilithium thanks you from the bottom of her trollish heart.

Horrible idea. I can no longer scan and see if there are bulk items I want to buy that over the long run are cheaper? No one can see that I am offering 5, 10, 15 and they are forced into buying 5 items ahead of mine that are perhaps 3, 6, 7 of an item? I really hate this. This wasn’t done in an effort to make things better for us. It was done to kill the add-ons to the auction house. Hopefully, new add-ons will arrive that will enable me to see ALL the auctions of an item again, and everyone downloads it. When something is not broke, don’t fix it. You are so lucky we had WoD, otherwise this expansion would be the worst ever.

5 Likes

your picture of an AH page shows the GLARING error of the new system. you show ALL of an item at the same price. If 1,000 of an item (usually herbs and ore) are for sale, how does the buyer know how many are actually offered at that price? Yes, the new system eliminates pages of items posted 1 of, but auctioneer suite and other auction addons can list as a cost per unit in ascending or descending order so it was easy to find the cheapest buyout cost and spot low cost offers (with higher buy out costs).

recap: needs to be a HOW MANY of cheapest item on list

1 Like

When I was in the old AH, and I was checking out the battle pets, I used to be able to see just the ones I hadnt collected. The filter on the new AH doesnt filter out just one I havent collected any more! (and pets that used to be relatively cheap…comon ones, are now a lot of gold! :frowning: ) Also there is no view of the pets??? (or armor/weapons?)

1 Like

This is exactly what I came here to say! I hate the new AH because of this! I kept selecting the ‘not collected’ option & it still showed pets that I didn’t have the max quantity of. If I have 1 then I’ve collected it! Just the same it shows ones that I can’t even use anymore of! Go back to not showing them like before! Not being able to see what I’m buying & if I have it collected to appearances, etc is AWFUL!

Somehow I get the feeling that there will still be hundreds of single items to scroll through when someone sells cloth one piece at a time.

1 Like

This seems like an awful idea. It disempowers the buyer to express their preference with regards to pricing (we don’t know how many at a glance we can get for the shown price). It disempowers the seller by disallowing us to give bulk discounts. Consider some of us have been willing to like in the real world give significant discounts just for the privilege of selling most of what we want to sell in fewer transactions with less relisting.

There are so many ways you could have improved the auction house both for addon users and those who use the vanilla interface. This is not one of them. With respect the WoW auction house is not a stock floor, it isn’t a commodities exchange either. It’s closer to a real life street market contained behind a front company or for a more modern example a certain bidding website that ends with ‘bay’ or even another website that starts with ali and ends with baba. People both buyers and sellers should be able to exercise certain preferences and choices. If I’m in the business of wholesaling and discounting as a result there is probably a good reason I’m not interested in selling you individual items and that’s my business and I profit and suffer lack of potential profits as a result.

You can’t have a mercantilist/capitalist system like this then gimp it in this way and expect sellers and buyers to enjoy the subpar experience. I get you want to discourage bad behaviors like listing hundreds or thousands of single stack items but there are other ways of doing it. I implore you to add an option that enforces a minimum stack selling size for buyers who only want to sell at or above a certain size (adding a slider for amounts by which buyers may increase above this would also be appreciated). For the buyer side… I doubt you’re going to fix it, you’ve made a very bad decision and I wish you would have considered formally studying this, employing or retaining economists to assist you, and asking for more player input and testing before deploying it. But once again Blizzard does not like letting players decide and imposes from above and declares it all that is good. Sometimes not making bad changes and enduring the existing problems is better than creating new ones.

3 Likes

I’m of the opinion that if something isn’t broken then it doesn’t need to be fixed. However, this is contradictory to Blizzard logic, so this is exactly what happens. I like the old AH better. It wasn’t perfect, but what system ever is? It got the job done and that’s what mattered. I gave it a go last night and immediately disliked it. Maybe I’m old fashioned or something, I don’t know.

4 Likes

Using the AH was one of the things I liked most about WOW. Half the fun was going through all the auctions looking at everything people were selling and who was selling what. Now even that enjoyment has been taken away… It takes forever to list something now. I have to change screens everytime I want to look something up now or it thinks I want to breakdown I stack I used to look up by. When I List something it always goes back to the “NEW lowest price” listed instead of the price I entered. This just has taken all the fun out of it… I’'m with the others… If it isn’t broke - Leave it alone.

2 Likes

You mean the supermarket that has thousands of items that are packaged in multiples?

The reason that the stack of 200 has the best unit price is because you are buying 200. It takes time for the seller to gather the materials and list them on the AH.

1 Like