[News] Visions of N’Zoth: Auction House Update Preview

You have to search each individual family otherwise it searches companion pets for uncollected, which all of them are.

We’re basically being forced to sell things one at a time…

How is someone more honest because they undercut by larger amounts? LOL puhlease. People who undercut by more than 1c just screw themselves out of a higher price and tend to tank markets eventually. I can’t stand people who undercut 2k gold items by 500g, or 50g items by 10g.

Yes!!! This is fantastic!! Thank you, Blizzard Team! <3

Make it simple, absolutely hate the new system in the AH. Please dump it and agree auction items should be able to run for at least a week. But please dump the new system it’s not intuitive it’s just awkward. Only provide people with further reason to leave the game. If it’s not broken!

1 Like

Would like to see “Required level: XX” . With the scaling system in place today, finding items for alts becomes more difficult if you have to constantly double back to the filters and change the range there. Just add the level requirement in the initial search.

Lots of changes but for me the WORST part is browsing/searching for gear/items. For instance, when I’m looking for leather armor in a specific range, let’s say toon lvl 110 to 115, I have to re-select that “filter” range each time I look at every piece of armor. So IMO it’s very annoying having to reset the filter each time I look for head, legs, hands, etc. It really sucks bad. For the “new” selling/buying system changes there were plenty of addons that worked quite well. Yes, the pages of single item listing are totally annoying but if every one just skips those blankety-blankety idiots maybe they would stop OR blizz could set a min stack size for multiple listing by the same seller. Oh well, I’ve ranted enuf, right?! I just dislike the new look and browsing setup, period.

2 Likes

This aged well.

I miss being able to preview armor on your alt and pets before potentially buying them. Is that a new ‘feature’ or am I missing a button?

1 Like

Changes to the AH and this new expansion have totally disabled Auctionator, a very flexible and useful addon that I have used for years. I list nearly 3,000 auctions, mostly transmog and the new system doesn’t allow me to track them like Auctionactor + tsm does. Talk about being angry and disappointed! C’mon developers, think these through before you wipe these things away!

3 Likes
Why didn't Blizzard just contact the creators of AddOns like Auctionator and implement those features in game?  Fast, selective, and ordered selling and buying was accomplished by Auctionator without having to fundamentally change the AH.    Word is still out as to whether buying parts of stack is a good idea or discourages sellers who don't want to put that 1 leftover back into the AH.
This is just more evidence, like poor and unhelpful responses to open tickets,  that Blizzard Developers and GMs no longer play the game themselves or are elitists who keep killing off parts of the game, like professions & smaller guilds, unless it directly contributes to end game content.  A game needs to be fun not a constant grind for gear.
3 Likes

What I’m still confused on because of the wonderful cryptic writing, is when you post anything, say for example I have a stack of 20 Enchants, does it place it in single stacks and they are just grouped up as one on my end?

I disagree. I often see where items sold in bulk have a lower price per item price.

1 Like

Because that involves paying people, and we know with the sub numbers, the fact they refuse to announce them now, leads one to believe they are in the red. If not then it’s just sad and pathetic they didn’t do this.

Many of the Addon creators do a much better job at their creations than blizzard could ever hope to do.

So they took Auctionator and made it official.

1 less addon to install and keep updated.

They should incorporate Vendor Price too, so people can see whether selling on the AH is a net loss against selling to a vendor, right as they are listing/browsing their items they are prepping for auction.

Last in, first out gives a huge advantage, too, to someone who has all day to sit at the AH and monitor prices. At least before, I could post in bulk and have the advantage of maybe not the cheapest item, but the most convenient for buyers looking for large quantities. I didn’t have to park myself at the AH for constant updates. And I wouldn’t get stuck with 35 of something that I had a full stack of b/c someone was able to buy just some of what I listed as a stack. Now it is as annoying for the seller who used to post and sell stacks as it was for the buyer who had to deal with sellers selling hundreds of stackable items singly. (I’d always pay more for stacks than bother with those bazillion singles anyway.)

Pools them with everyone else at the same price as individual items. No more selling as a full stack of anything. There may be 300 of that item at the same price, and a buyer might want three, so they choose what price they want to pay (I would assume people would always choose lowest!) and get just the three, and those three supposedly come from whomever posted last, which is stupid IMO. Undercutting without having to undercut, though people still do.

1 Like

Here’s my problem with the new AH. Yeah buying things like potions and mats is a lot easier, I get it. BUT, a lot of what I buy is armor and weapons and now there’s not a way to view this stuff on my character before I buy it. I transmog the hell out of my toon and drop a ton of gold doing it. So in fixing one thing, they broke another and I rarely go there anymore.

So I have given it a few months since the AH changes, and I have to say, it SUCKS. I used to make a decent amount on the AH, part of my success being from the ability to sell in bulk, and now I am averaging like 3-4k a day if I have time to keep up with it. Part of the fun of the game for some of us was playing the AH, and Blizz has totally ruined this. Thanks!

The new auction house came near the same time as the announcement about the AH mount getting removed from vendor. There is a lot more players using that auction house now.

I really don’t think there is anything in that auction house design that is reducing your sales, there is just more competion.

1 Like