[News] Shadowlands: Adventure Awaits in the New Starting Experience

They traditionally send out emails, but they can be delayed by days or weeks. If your account is flagged for access, you’ll immediately see the option on the launcher under version select.

This is subtly different from what we were promised at Blizzcon. We were told that veteran players would be able to choose any expansion, or just pick and choose bits from all of them.

While I’d plan to spend most of my time leveling any alts in MoP, I might prefer to skip one or two of the zones and do something else instead.

It would also be nice to know how Blizzard plans to handle flying, since several leveling zones expect that you can fly to your destination.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t punish new players to the BFA leveling experience.

1 Like

The wording of the article makes it seem as though you’re stuck in an expansion you choose and new players are stuck in BfA.

If you can swap around whenever you want, which is how it should work, you should clarify that as the post is going to cause a lot of confusion and backlash the way it’s worded.

aaa great, the little race identity we had left has been removed just to have orcs and humans shoved down our throats

I currently have every class at 110 or above (Like, 7 or 8 at 120) and multiples of many classes on their way up, and even with all that, I’m still excited to start over to enjoy the classes and how they level from the start and how that feels compared to classic or even retail right now lol. This is gonna be great! Excited to see how the new leveling area is too!

How does this new zone or the skipping thereof apply to older “additional” races: Worgen, Goblin and Pandaren.

Do they do Exile’s Reach? If they skip do they do Gilneas, Lost Isles and Wandering Isle?

I think it would be great if they could choose to skip to their faction capitol.

I think that Blizzard was just establishing that the allied races will continue to start in front of their faction. For example newly created Vulpera in Shadowlands will still spawn near Kiro.

Once players finish Exile’s Reach or their own starting zone (ex: Durotar) they are standardly sent to do do Battle for Azeroth content. However through the use of Chromie they can accept a quest in order to level up and quest in other expansions like Legion and Warlords.

They were but in the Mag’har recruitment scenario wild goren, botani, and Saberon were confirmed to have arrived in Azeroth with the Mag’har. So it’s possible that Ogron could have arrived as well.

I said it in November and I’ll say it again.

This is just a rip off of Mines of Gloomingdeep in EQ.

It takes more flavor out of the game and just puts in more numbers and systems.

Eve after all of my alts in Retail and Classic, the racial starting areas are one of my favorite things and help new players identify with their race. Mulgore teaches Tauren when it means to be Tauren, and its a lot more in-depth than a paragraph on a website no one will read.

My son hated Forsaken since launch and I finally got him to play as one in Classic last week. He FINALLY understands why people get into Forsaken and he is a lore nut.

I wish this part of WoW would come back. Less systems building and more world building.

5 Likes

lol whoever flagged this man are knobheads

1 Like

shhhh lore is now a bendy stick, enjoy your fox people.

I really wanna see how they’re gonna space out the abilities learned from 1-60. I feel like one of my biggest concerns with leveling is that certain specs have a harder time doing damage just because they’re missing an integral ability while the other specs are having great fun from the start. If they can fix this with the new leveling that would be incredible.

How will new players making Pandaren work? Currently they start as neutral and choose their faction at the end of their starting zone on the Wandering Isle.

Has the Demon Hunter limit been lifted since they start at level 10 now?

Please tell me this is not another shipwreck. Really? At this point, every time the game asks me to get on a gunship or even a regular water craft, I say, “Where are we going to crash this time?”

It’s ridiculous. No sane person would EVER get on an Azerothian craft of any kind at this point.

Can the boat just go where it’s supposed to go without crashing? Once? I’m starting to develop a phobia.

1 Like

I feel a little bad for new players. The racial starting zones make a huge first impression, and its one of the things that got me hooked when I first started. I just hope they don’t lose that whole beginning experience when they’re now used to the game and can play the starting zones on a second character…

3 Likes

Nice, more updates! But…

After completing the adventure, you’ll move into Battle for Azeroth, where you’ll be able to level through the expansion to level 50 before moving on into the Shadowlands.

I feel so bad for new players that they don’t get this choice (unless they lie and say they’re veteran players) and be forced to play the worst expansion of WoW. Because if there’s anything that would make me quit as a noob, and not be invested in the game and future content is BFA. :X

1 Like

ummm…because they’re all around a more difficult class or something that isn’t really relevant to a “novice adventurer” a dk is a warrior of the lich king, that’s not a novice position and DH’s were trained under illidan and are deff not novice in any ways. allied races I could understand but the whole point of allied races is to skip a part of leveling and to have a cool look. otherwise i’d never level my allied races simply for looks. these things are an advanced version. the only way this would be possible would be to maybe give the option of it but that just seems a tad excessive and unnecessary.

BFA honestly isn’t that bad leveling wise, it’s simply the end game gear grinding. so idk what your complaint is. no more az gear or HoA. therefore it’s just a leveling expac.

1 Like

A lot of people who are coming up with the same critisism are forgetting (or unaware) that there is a talent-like system tied to your covenant. I’m not saying this will fix any unbalancies or is the perfect solution but this was announced with at Blizzcon and was the immediate critisism they expected with the abilities. I would hold off on this till everything is announced and keep the critisism related to the abilities rather than the balancing.

They know you shouldn’t be pigeonholed into a covenant.

Edit: (Source) https://youtu.be/6OHDAwg-Tw4?t=464