[News] Shadowlands: Adventure Awaits in the New Starting Experience

26 Likes

First of all, thank you for sharing these update posts. It’s nice to see integral systems being discussed so early on, and I hope that you guys continue to maintain this consistent line of communication.

As has been said before, as well as across the internet, Covenants have so much potential, and the cosmetic and lore-based rewards seem awesome. The class abilities are unique, interesting, and are both powerful and have different uses in different situations .

There are also some that are just going to be better than others, leading many players to choosing a Covenant to bolster their DPS, tanking or healing performance, even if that Covenant’s theme doesn’t resonate with them entirely.

I want to get into Mythic raiding in Shadowlands, and it seems like the Necrolord ability and the Kyrian ability are both going to be pretty overpowered compared to the Venthyr one, which is the Covenant I’m most interested in at the moment. I can’t speak on the topic of Ardenweald, as that ability hasn’t been revealed (which is fine, I’m glad time is being taken to polish these things up)!

If there’s any way you could make all of the class abilities available (perhaps unlock each one as you finish each zone in a talent row that you get at level 60?), or doing anything to allow us to choose the class ability no matter which Covenant we choose, this would be fantastic.

I’m excited to see what’s in store for Shadowlands, and you guys have obviously been listening and responding to our feedback. I’m hoping this issue doesn’t go unheard!

34 Likes

This is a post about the new leveling zone for freshly made characters. Covenant feedback doesn’t seem pertinent for this thread.

46 Likes

Alright? All of the other news posts have a discussion about the same exact thing. This is a big issue, and I’m excited about all this news and for Shadowlands in general, so I’d like to see this fixed.

They asked for feedback. I’m giving it.

4 Likes

But you’re in the wrong thread.

26 Likes

Looks really cool! Very excited to try it.

6 Likes

omg, I so want to get this beta, I’d be testing 24/7
I hope my cutting edge increases my chances of getting into the beta :frowning:

2 Likes

I’m just sharing what I think is important, and it seems like many other players in the community agree. I’m going to post feedback through every channel possible to make sure this expansion is great. We can’t afford another BFA.

2 Likes

Looks awesome, big fan of teaching people the nitty gritty of their class, like charge and combo point usage. Quick query though

Players with Allied race characters, Death Knights and Demon Hunters will automatically begin at level 10 and play through their own starting experience.

What if the new player selects a Death Knight or a Demon Hunter? It’s fair to say they would miss out on a lot of the fundamental teachings the new player experience is trying to provide (I believe DK’s can still be made at any level)

5 Likes

This is what I’m looking forward the most in Shadowlands, along with new character appearance customisation.

4 Likes

This looks fun! Want to try it out…

3 Likes

Something about the wording in the post made me assume this is currently available (or VERY SOON)?

3 Likes

As an altoholic who keeps hitting the 50 character limit, I look forward to the new leveling experience.

It’ll be available to test on the Alliance side when alpha goes live later this week. That’s what they shared two days ago.

Very cool about the leveling experience

Random question: Will there be a way to choose to keep Chromie-mode turned on after level 50? I’d love the option to be able to swing back into the old zones and quest and such with everything scaled up to me after I’ve g9ne through Shadowlands and such

5 Likes

All in all, this looks like it’ll be pretty fun. Though, if everyone’s getting the same starting zone I wonder how they’re going to handle factions. Are we just going to share the zone or will phased to the faction/player?

Players with Allied race characters, Death Knights and Demon Hunters will automatically begin at level 10 and play through their own starting experience.

I had been wondering how they were going to handle that.

3 Likes

What’s wrong with ARs, DHs and DKs starting at lvl 1 like anyone else?

6 Likes

It’s because they made the commitment for ARs and hero classes to start at higher levels, and they don’t want to forsake that commitment.

Especially when there’s extra steps that you need to take to unlock allied races.

4 Likes

Hmm… well I guess I need to wait and test how of an effort is to reach lvl 10. Because it seems pretty insignificant.