[News] Shadowlands: Adventure Awaits in the New Starting Experience

Thank you for this. If we let people like this drown our concerns, this is literally gonna be Azerite Armor 2.0.

I’m glad Blizzard shared this as soon as possible before the alpha even went live so we could give feedback on it.

2 Likes

Huh. Must have gone color blind. noted

Love this idea and excited to try it out even if I already have every class capped. Something I would like to know is if it would be possible to have something as in depth as this for newly boosted characters. The current scenario you go through basically just shows a few spells, so more depth would help a lot given the unpruning.

Veterans will likely know how to identify what certain spells are good for but for new players buying Shadowlands I don’t see it extremely likely that they would start with a lvl 1 character rather than just jumping straight to 120 with a boost. Just food for thought. Thank you for the transparency so far loving all the changes and hoping they can all be at least closely balanced/implemented if not perfectly!

This is not the place so it is nonsense. Stop spamming it.

6 Likes

I guess this gives new players an introduction to the story preceding shadowlands, and playing it the first time through bfa is not bad. I’m glad you’re giving us options for alts to play through wherever we want.

2 Likes

I agree with this. BFA leveling is actually quite fun the first time through, and the zone stories are neat to go through.

If you’re a veteran player or you’ve leveled a character before, you can choose to opt out of the starting experience and begin instead at level 1 in the starting area for your race.
Players with Allied race characters, Death Knights and Demon Hunters will automatically begin at level 10 and play through their own starting experience.

But that was not what was said…Every alt was supposed to start at lvl 10, not just the “hero alts” that’s ridiculous.

Is not the thread for it, repeating it over and over just creates unnecessary noise.

3 Likes

So you’re just going to go clutter up all the other feedback threads, which may make other issues get overlooked?

2 Likes

I’m not spamming. I posted it once in this thread, and it is the thread to post it in, as are all threads pertaining to this expansion.

Why, you ask?

Because this expansion and its fantastic features will be dragged down by Covenant class abilities if they go through with them.

I want to see people enjoy this expansion. I want people to enjoy all of the features that they have to offer, so I’m going to give the feedback that is needed to make this a better game.

Right now, there’s not really any other major issues. If there are issues, then I won’t “clutter” them. Either way, I posted this once, and you guys are the ones perpetuating it to be the main topic of discussion on this thread.

I like what I see so far. Toss me an Alpha/Beta invite and I’d be happy to test on a daily basis. My employer cut us loose for the next 120 days due to the virus, so I have some free time on my hands.

Class changes, now a thread about the starting experience. That’s three major issues. Covenants issue has been out for a bit now, and heavily discussed already. Plenty of threads that you could be posting about it in. Keep those threads alive, and let the other issues’ threads alone so those can be seen/discussed too.

And now on to the subject of the thread. I’m looking forward to new starting experiences. Hopefully it gives me an excuse to try out more classes :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m guessing their gonna be updating what’s included in “Chromie-mode” as time goes on.

So (I assume) once 10.0 drops and the next expansions after Shadowlands releases they will put the Shadowlands zones into the “Chromie-mode” pool and have it work from 10-60 with the new expansion being 60-70 (Assuming the level cap gets raised again).

Lots of conjecture and speculation, but I can see it going that route.

These are great systems, and there aren’t any apparent issues. Perhaps that will change. I just personally think that this issue is so integral to the health of the expansion that it’s worth fixing ASAP.

It’s sad that the flag button was once again put to use to fill the role of the dislike button on my reply.

I think Death Knights, Demon Hunters, Allied Races should start at whatever level they need to, in order to have those characters end their starting zone around level 10 with everyone else. Maybe they start at level 7 or 8, maybe give no XP for DH/DK starting zones. But have everyone ready to enter BfA or MoP or whatever expansion all at the same level.

It’s gonna be pretty jarring when a new player starts in that high-end graphical area then when finished, move to stormwind and have it look like sh* in comparison lol

This has nothing to do with the Exile’s Reach but any news on that beautifully designed Hearthstone tavern?? I’m really hoping it appears in Shadowlands…

1 Like

lmao I know right…I was hoping Shadowlands was going to do some much needed revamping but im not so sure about that anymore.

I want to suggest perhaps giving new characters that start out in this new starting area some new starting gear.

It feels odd that the player would be in these basic clothes when they were chosen to be part of this expedition. It isn’t like before where you started out in your race’s land usually framed as you going to start training in your chosen class.

The story frames the player character as having at least already been recruited and received some training. That should be reflected in their starting gear being something more fitting. Bonus if it is made for transmog use by being green quality gear albeit with no special stats.

1 Like

To you.

2 Likes

Awesome, glad to see the leveling experience is not being totally glossed over like it was in BFA / Legion