[News] Shadowlands: Adventure Awaits in the New Starting Experience

Just as much of an effort as it is to reach level 20 right now. Actually, 60-70% faster than that.

Players with Allied race characters, Death Knights and Demon Hunters will automatically begin at level 10 and play through their own starting experience.

Wait, does this mean allied races will each get their own starting areas now?

We look forward to hearing what you think as you play through* this new experience in the future. *Testing only available to level 1 Alliance characters.

Is this referring to when the Alpha client opens up? What is this testing you guys speak of?

Yes. Alliance testing of this zone will be available upon the release of the closed alpha later this week.

Oh okay, just making sure I wasn’t missing some open testing thing.

2 Likes

Great but you are in the wrong thread!

3 Likes

Sorry, but I’m not gonna wait around and let another Azerite armor situation happen.

3 Likes

Maybe wait for the right thread then.

5 Likes

That thread is already out, my friend, and we’ve posted there as well.

1 Like

Oh please make levelling now that it’s half as long actually be engaging. As in we actually have to think about using abilities rather than headbutting the keyboard to inevitable victory.

It need not be hard; it just needs to be engaging.

2 Likes

I agree that it’s important to teach new players about their class abilities. I think it’s more/just as important to teach players about their stuns, interrupts, ccs, and dodging mechanics. These things are passively taught throughout the game but if these lessons were less passive from the get go, I think more people would play at a higher skill level thus validating your endgame philosophy.

1 Like

Are new players locked into going on to only Battle for Azeroth? It seems like a shame to not give them the option of playing through content like Legion or Warlords of Draenor.

3 Likes

Then just keep it in there and stay out of other threads with your nonsense.

3 Likes

Yes.

It isn’t nonsense? This system is a huge concern. If they keep abilities locked to certain Covenants, it’ll remove the entire purpose of choosing the Covenant that you want to choose. By freeing up these class abilities, the player agency that Blizzard wants can exist, and Shadowlands can be good.

Shadowlands has so much potential, but it’ll all be brought down if they keep these Covenant class abilities locked.

Well, they’re still a Hero Class.

1 Like

Wait, I’m confused. Is this already available? The blog post uses present tense so much

It’s not nonsense. It’s valid feedback that should be repeated again and again until the problem is fixed.

This is a Shadowlands thread. Covenants are from Shadowlands.

2 Likes

Not yet, no. It’ll be available to those who get an invite to the closed alpha when it goes live later this week.

No… it’s a Shadowlands feature. Hence why it says Shadowlands…

3 Likes

Just release the Alpha so we can see stuff in the context of the game itself. Via Wowhead datamining of course.

2 Likes