New zone what a joke

Oh NO! A DAY OF “PROGRESS”

You guys are playing a video game ffs. Literally 90% of this games releases have been buggy and CRYING on the forums isn’t going to change anything lol

Actually Flying while it happened over the fire-zones XD. This is a good computer too! The Best I’ve ever had!

There’s something weird going on with the sharding/layering.

Every other time I log into my character currently in the Emerald Dream, the place is a literal ghost town. No one in the world, no one in chat. I’m totally alone.

I log out, do some things on my alts for a few minutes (mail/AH/etc), log back into my character in ED, and all of a sudden the zone is swamped with players doing all sorts of stuff – including chatting. Very weird.

1 Like

Its better than a cave with more lava

I was kind of hoping for more for such a fabled area. Maybe as this patch goes on it will be better fleshed out.

You rang? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

It’s actually a very good thing it looks a lot like Val’Sharah. :grin:
— Val’sharah can thus be regarded as the birthplace of druidism. Soon, the region became the pinnacle of druidism on Azeroth.

Val’Sharah creation lore & description:

• Its forests were specifically molded by druids to be a reflection of the Emerald Dream – no more than an echo, but as close to the Dream as the real world could ever be.

So they’ve actually respected their lore & aligned the story and modelling with the dream – Which is obviously different, but you can see the similarities. :grin:

This isn’t the first time we’ve been to the Dream, nor is it hardly the first Emerald Dream zone we’ve experienced / visited. So it’s not really ‘theory’ but canon truth.

Plus, also it’s constantly stated as being an entire world, with multiple layers & realms to the degree of being described as a massive labyrinth by Malfurion & Ysera – Who both literally spent a LOT of time in the dream.

1 Like

lol spot on!

I’m sorry to hear that. I’ve been LOVING the Emerald Dream. The zone is gorgeous, the armor is gorgeous, the weapons are gorgeous, the mounts and the battle pets and everything else.

I love it all.

The ony “meh” part was the paladin tier gear lol.

4 Likes

I would like to add, it also doesn’t feel like Emerald Dream at all. It just feels / looks like any other zone in Azeroth.

I know it is a last patch zone and they technically didn’t have to create one, but Emerald Dream is something players have wanted for a long time and this feels like a waisted opportunity.

Also, I am getting tired of the “rare spawn” as content in every new patch zone. It has changed very little since MoP.

2 Likes

I only went in cave to raid and do world boss . Did not do 1 quest there , Tell I had to for pathfinder

New zone was using every bit of of ram my computer has made it lag big time .

2 Likes

That’s strange for Moonguard and unfortunate. I’m alliance on Stormrage and I always see at least a handful of players around, blooms have dozens, and chat is always going, especially my favorite degenerates on LFG. Game feels alive right now.

1 Like

Val’sharah and The Emerald Nightmare raid did a better job at showing off what the Dream would look like than this latest patch.

This area of the dream just feels like another part of the Dragon Isles and not very unique tbh.

3 Likes

Biggest thing that’s noticeable imo is how it feels “small” relative to the other DF zones. For a final patch it seems like an oversight. On the other hand, back in Shadowlands you’ll notice that Zereth Mortis (final patch zone) was huge compared to the previous patch zone (Korthia)

The smaller size perception really doesn’t do the lore of the Emerald Dream justice

1 Like

I’m not sure what’s going on. I think like with every patch and launch of an expansion for the past four/ five years the phasing sharding whatever it is is so heavy handed.

I pretty much ran all of the Shadowlands introduction up to Revendreth with only a handful of people.

I have screenshots of me being in Oribos with three other people for a week. I even made posts about it thinking maybe I had a broken installation of the game.

No different than when dragon flight launched, and the waking shores in Valdrakken was populated by like five people. For bidden reach, and the caverns are more populated now than when they came out that first week.

Or at least I can see the people that are actually there versus being in my little private, solitary confinement phase. I couldn’t do any world bosses, or rares for a while.

I basically had to server hop or find a group doing the rares.

Time and time again I find myself playing a single player game. I got on the boat with 50 people on DF launch and exited with just me and one other person.

It really bums me out about how the new launch of content is more dead than five years from now.

I don’t know enough about cross realm zone. But I wonder if because I’m on a role-playing server that it’s treated differently. The game doesn’t know how to handle thousands of alliance players and myself in a zone so we all just get divided up harshly.

About the only place that didn’t seem to be affected by any of this was Korthia. It was a very busy bustling place day and night.

But I haven’t seen the same since then. At least not for several months. Even Zerith mortis was moderately busy.

And I am playing at peak hours because I’m eastern and the server is one hour behind me. So I get on there at 9 or 10 PM. It’s not like I’m playing at 4 AM and no one should be on.

/rambling so I’ll stop.

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon:

1 Like

The pears drop from the mobs in the area. Kill them and a pear appears on the ground.

I hope this isnt a thing to come with future expansions. But I have a feeling that is the case with the push for shorter expansion cycles.

That was 100% my experience at the beginning of Dragonflight and it sucked! I feel your pain bro. But as someone also eastern and enjoying a full-looking lively game right now, I’d definitely recommend Stormrage. We don’t have Goldshire shenanigans though, we make alts on your server for that

It is a patch zone, not a new expansion zone, you have to compare it to Zereth Mortis, Mechagon, Isle of Thunder.

They can’t create full-fledged zones every 6 months for your enjoyment, calm down, that’s not how games work.

So far I have been lucky enough to get epic bags the two times I’ve done superbloom. That being said, the zone is meh. It’s pretty, sure, but nothing happening that’s super engaging. I haven’t been able to make it to a single rare before it dies, except for the glitched one whose icon shows even though her objective to summon her doesn’t.

I liked Forbidden Reach where the Rares spawned so frequently I could do laps around farming them with folks. Oh well, 6 more days until what I actually play WoW for happens: M+.