New xpack, all female leads? (Part 1)

I didn’t. I’m saying it was really good and successful

3 Likes

I mean, if I look at the other new games(I know you said media, I wanna limit this to games otherwise I’m gonna be writing an essay here) I’ve played in recent years:

• Alan Wake 2 - Split between male and female leads. Villain is male in the same way Xal’Atath is female(an entity taking on a physical form).
  • Baldur’s Gate 3 - Companions are 50/50 on male/female. Villains are 2 male/1 female.
  • Fire Emblem: Engage - Ensemble cast with a male villain. The royal characters(aka the ones who are leaders in-setting) are split 50/50 on male/female.
  • Hi-Fi Rush - Male Lead, male villain. I guess they do play the trope of “idiot man has to constantly be told what to do by woman”, though they do also make Chai’s insane plans actually work out.
  • Starfield - Mixed support cast with a women in charge of the group you’re in.
  • Ghostrunner 1 & 2 - Male lead. Female villain in first game and male in the second.
  • Super Mario Wonder - You can pick your character to play as, but it’s the same characters this franchise has always had.
  • Metal: Hellsinger - female lead though with a male supporting character doing all the talking, female villain.
  • Halo: Infinite - Male lead, I think male villain?
  • Metroid Dread - Female lead, I’m… not sure what the villain qualifies as.
  • Doom Eternal - Male lead. Kind of mixed on the baddies here but we’ll go with female cause that seems like the main one.

I know this is gonna get dismissed as “not counting”, but I did generally try to stick to games whose copies sold measure in the millions to keep in like with the “mass media”. I also didn’t include any remakes of old games, since that feels like it’s not really “recent media”.

I don’t doubt some franchises have gone in that direction, but maybe people shouldn’t just play the most overhyped bland AAA games to come out? It’s worked for me(well, I did play Starfield).

Anyway, I’ll go back to just posting random gifs:

DEI is a well known WEF construct.
Both of which are parts of a broader move.

4 Likes

Correct, technically I asked 4 questions, if repeats count, and they were for anyone to answer and you replied to that post with some oblique reference to movies with male leads that didn’t go well, which did not answer any of the questions I asked.

Thank you for answering my questions. Now I reckon I can take those movies off my to watch list.

Semper Fi! :us: :ukraine:

1 Like

1 Like

no idea, didn’t watch any of them. but still, what does listing movies/tv shows have anything to do with anything?

people who cry “woke this and woke that” are miserable people.

Typical feminist media, trying to shoehorn women into masculine roles, and tossing female virtues into the trash, all part of the greater trend of women neglecting their duties as women so that they can whine themselves into male positions because they think the grass is greener there

5 Likes

They’re worth watching if you’re big on comic book movies because I think its all going to come together in Secret Wars.

Also personally I liked The Marvels.

2 Likes

Ah yes, are they going to make you eat bugs too?

“Duties as women” Excuse me for a moment while I retch in absolute disgust.

A liberal feminist finds moral duties disgusting, imagine my shock :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

The “moral duty” to do what? Provide unpaid domestic labor for you? Act as broodmares for men?

1 Like

It was so much better than the first Captain Marvel. Had a lot of personality. The story was a bit weak but the characters were fun, and the whole movie had a good vibe.

That is some really disgusting rhetoric there. It’s one thing to feel unrepresented in games and shows that have female characters. It’s a very different thing to believe women should stay in the kitchen.

They are human beings man. Take a step back, take a breath, and at least try to treat them with respect.

It makes me wonder if the villain would have been the “restored being” of the Warlock Artifact Thal’kiel as a “Strong bad @$$ Attractive Bare chested Muscle Macho Eredar Demon or Male Possess Elf/Human or even a Cool/nice looking Draenei” we would have this much conversation in the forums?
:thinking:
He was similar to Xal (in the speaking always to Warlocks) and his supreme knowledge on summoning came from the Void as the story of the Artifact go before even the Burning Legion existed.
:person_shrugging:

To reproduce, care for, and raise the next generation of people. Believe it or not, a society needs a supply of people to function. No amount of tantrum throwing is ever going to change that

3 Likes

That’s disgusting and your entire viewpoint is part of the reason that more and more of us are choosing to stay single.

Women don’t owe you getting your pp wet, and they especially don’t owe you children

Where did I ever say women shouldn’t be respected or that they belong in the kitchen or that they aren’t human? Why does the invocation of duties trigger this emotional reaction in you?

5 Likes

Blanket statements are generally inaccurate, or so I have been told. Case in point, I am not miserable, I recently got married and am ecstatically happy. And I despise everything DEI, IG, and woke because it is all self defeating.

Woke used to mean someone who has been awakened to the real problems in society, nowadays it’s an insult, and a well deserved one in most cases. DEI or IG is just idiotic, hire the best person for the job regardless of race, creed, or gender. Don’t just hire people to tick off boxes, that’s just a waste of people’s time an money. Judging from the low quality content that ActiBlizz has been putting out the past few years, they’ve been hiring people just to tick off boxes.

DF is the first expac that I have played all the way through to the next one with no breaks since WoD. So, maybe the lack luster C grade devs they hired are finally getting some experience at doing they’re job, but their writers are definitely taken from the water boy pool of the team. I have a 5yo granddaughter that could write a better story than the last 3 expacs have had. It wasn’t WoW’s story that kept me around, it was the beautiful work on the zones and the gameplay that did that.

Semper Fi! :us: :ukraine:

4 Likes

You’re choosing to stay single because men want a happy family where the children are loved and cared for? Now THAT’s some prime cope

6 Likes