New xpack, all female leads? (Part 1)

The difference lies in the fact that female characters were still abundant and competent/powerful all throughout WC3/early WoW, which was male dominated. When the tables turned, the men are nearly entirely erased, and the ones who are not are weak/incompetent/evil/fodder.

The biggest issue is that the modern WoW team does not know how to write a story or craft a world that can be shared by both male and female achievements. They see the real world, and by extension the world of Azeroth, as a rigid dichotomy. A zero-sum game between the sexes. It’s either patriarchy or matriarchy. The scales cannot be balanced, so they must be destroyed. This is blindingly obvious in their story-telling and world building, particularly in DF and TWW.

9 Likes

I thought Dragonflight was woke. War Within completely surprassed that level. Many of the side quests feature weak males who need a strong female to guide them. All of the strong male leads are dead. Thrall? Hasn’t done much lately. Anduin? Identity crisis and acting like a baby. Magni comes back. I do the quest to get his hammer back. Before I even turn it in I say to myself “I bet he refuses the hammer and gives it to Moira instead.” Check. Khadgar MIA for now…defeated by feminism. Don’t get me started on all of the checkboxes Faerin checks off. Cool stormward dwarf? Dies instantly. Female says she will take over. Side quest where the male dwarf shuts down to die on the beach? Female takes over his job. Side quest in ringing depths or whatever. Female bodyguard who literally says the dude can’t handle traveling without her because it isn’t safe. And these are just some of the quests I remember off the top of my head. Oh wait just remembered another. Alleria yelling at Anduin talking to him like a baby…the king of stormwind btw…saying I thought I told you to stay in town. Who talks to the king of stormwind like that? But nah I’m just noticing stuff that doesn’t exist apparently.

15 Likes

Hey, I actually liked Faerin, don’t do her like that. I mean the missing arm on the model doesn’t quite seem right as it looks like a shield is mechanically attached but that deals more with graphic issues then the idea of the character.

Again, this doesn’t sound like you have a problem with too many female characters at all. This sounds like you have a problem with the way male characters are being written. By saying there’s too many female characters it will never address your actual complaint and the devs aren’t going to actually fix this problem for you then. The number of female characters doesn’t have any relevancy to the way male characters are being written.

Why don’t you describe what kind of male characters you’d like to see, and how the current male characters don’t represent that for you? That would be infinitely more productive to address your issue.

1 Like

That’s what the thread is about, yeah. Have you read it? (obviously not)

yes /10char

Please read the thread before posting holier-than-thou things about what the thread hasn’t been discussing.

thx!

3 Likes

I never once stated I have an issue with female characters. My issue is, yes, as you stated, the way males are written, and the sheer numerical discrepancy between male and female characters. it’s border-lining on parody.

Flower didn’t read the thread, ignore them.

I did. You agreed that the thread is about having a problem with the way male characters are being written, did you not? That has literally nothing to do with the number of female characters there are, so why is that the thread title?

Why not suggest what kind of male characters you’d like to see then?

What kind of male characters would you like to see then? Post your suggestions for the devs.

See acolyte.

Why no second season?

Well…when you tell people if you don’t like don’t watch it…we don’t.

And the couple 1000 women and other marginalized viewers…weren’t meeting ROI on the 180 million spent on the show.

It didn’t help writers mess up timeline and relied on plots points like an entire structure set on fire. when a lamp was thrown at a stone wall. In a stone fortress.

for the non camping types…one of the reasons we like to use a stone at camp fires is stone does NOT burn. the stone ring around fire will catch wood that rolls out, stop it. As it cannot be set on fire.

Its stone you see. The Runaway burns itself all nice and safely.

4 Likes

You mean every male character we like always dies or becomes useless or replaced by a female? That’s the problem. You don’t even know what’s being talked about in the thread. We could come up with a million male characters we would like to see and the biased writing team would instantly destroy or neuter them.

8 Likes

We could start with what they did to Vol’jin…

4 Likes

I wouldn’t waste my breath. The devs of this game DESPISE people like me. They wipe their arses with the suggestions like what I would make. The harsh reality is that the only solution to this problem is to fire 90%+ of the WoW storyboard team. But that will never happen for financial reason stated in one of my earlier posts.

6 Likes

Throw it out there and try it out, why not? That’s what these forums are here for, if this is a major complaint for the people in this thread, suggest what kind of male characters you’d like to see. Describe what you would want them to be like.

I gotta be honest I don’t really understand why you are posting your complaint here then. Why bother if you think the devs aren’t going to listen?

It might happen. With the Microsoft acquisition, they might get around to cleaning house.

Because the PLAYERS just might.

Alright I’m a player and I’m listening, tell me what kind of male characters you’d like to see, describe them for me.

Have you seen the original Lord of the Rings Trilogy?

Yessir I have, many times and the extended versions