New xpack, all female leads? (Part 1)

Why does there need to be a “catching up”?

Why not just let the characters exist organically instead of trying to do one or the other?

I do not understand this need to artificially fudge the numbers.

Games have been around since the late 70s and nobody cared about how many girls or how many guys, until the past 5-10 years.

The only reason the “why all women?” question is being asked, is because it’s quite obvious that they are deliberately changing all the characters to women, instead of it just happening organically.

2 Likes

What is a woman though? Can’t anyone be a woman? Asking for a friend.

4 Likes

The only real definition of a woman:

“A female of the species h. sapiens.”

(Though, in context of a video game, a female of any sentient race)

1 Like

I just miss Sylvanas is all.

Yupp. He used to stand out in a positive way among all the other characters. But now… that’s no longer the case.

1 Like

Glad this is the top post. I noticed it so strongly while playing. There are no strong men. There could have been a cool, sick Uther-like paladin in Hallowfall.

As a disabled minority myself, Faerin is the most boring character for me. She gave me anxiety. I WOULD NEVER REFUSE ANYTHING THAT HELPS WITH MY DISABILITY.

12 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about Anduin. It’s quite obvious that this is only temporary, even if the cause of his distress is kinda silly.

I think that’s the main problem.
When representation excludes the main audience, it seems quite wierd.

3 Likes

What annoys me the most about her is the fact that they just had to name her Lothar, even though she has nothing in common with Lothar. And then she was used to check off a whole series of boxes. It’s exactly the same as what Disney has been doing with all of their remakes for the past few years.

9 Likes

pls calm down. I’m sorry you want to force male characters to force inclusion of males when it doesnt even make sense lore wise.

sweet baby inc. much?

2 Likes

Because the dude I was responding to mentioned “so much for equity”. Which implies that men are being mistreated/that there is an inherent unfairness to having expansion where women dominate.

But when we had say WoD where minus one warlord(and a fairly minor one at that) all the other warlords were men there was no complaint about it.

1 Like

Unfortunately, they are now even influencing Square Enix, as shown in Dawntrail, and as expected, the user score is significantly lower than it was for previous expansions. I wonder what that could be due to! They ruin pretty much everything they touch. :confused:

2 Likes

Well you know what they say, go w0ke, get broke!

4 Likes

Oh, I dunno, I remember having a complaint against WoD being about a bunch of stupid big brute orc guys, I found it rather boring.

1 Like

Previously, they had a pretty good balance between male and female NPCs. Dawntrail on the other hand focuses non-stop on a female character who is basically the definition of a Mary Sue, and every character around her is portrayed as incredibly passive. The game no longer even feels like Final Fantasy, but rather like some generic content from Western media since all this stuff started in recent years.

2 Likes

What evidence would you deem acceptable? Huh? Did you consider that question or are you parroting something you heard other people say?

And yeah, it makes a huge difference. Because then you’d have character development, you’d endear the character to the player by having it participate in the story next to the player as opposed to taking the lazy way and tossing it out like that cause it looks good on a poster. I feel like you aren’t really able to understand what I’m talking about because I get the feeling you don’t want to actually read what I say, but rather be outraged and do your little form warrior thing so your opinion matters very little. Actually I find people like you very annoying, because you not only contribute nothing to these discussions, but you actively try to shut them because you think it’s some kind of sacrilege to speak up against these subjects. So yeah. I don’t want to put you on ignore, but at the same time, i doubt you’ll have anything valuable to add to this conversation.

3 Likes

And yet half of that expansion is about the goat Joan of Arc, what’s her name?

Man, I’m starting to remember why I stopped coming to this place. Y’all are just weird. I miss the days when it was about whether a character was actually good or not and no one cared one bit if they were a dude or a chick

1 Like

Why it doesn’t make sense?

3 Likes

Is it explained why she’s called Lothar?