New xpack, all female leads? (Part 1)

Well that’s what happens when you pander and remove one side from the content. It’s not like blizzard didn’t notice.

1 Like

This has been the norm since BFA. You’re just now noticing?

Funny how no one complains when dark souls does it

1 Like

Why the hell would it even be triggering anyway? I swear the world is ending soon…

1 Like

beats me… all i know is if i was triggered by “male & female” i’d be even more triggered by “1 & 2” heh

1 Like

Truly all these female leads earned it through the established lore.

And clearly all these female leads are well written.

Clearly there hasn’t been any character assassination lore wise to prop up these female leads.

Clearly this isn’t just pandering.

9 Likes

OP nailed this thread and I give them props for doing so.

Amazing work, tactful, and encouraging of actual discussion over the subject matter at hand.

We need more and not less of this.

2 Likes

In the wide view, which spans vanilla and every expansion until Dragonflight, there was an over-representation of male characters as leads. So this balances out.

Khadgar’s story appears to be over, and Thrall and Anduin got sidelined, but in the big picture of things these characters enjoyed enormous spotlights over many, many years as did many other male leads. It’s OK for women leads to live and be developed in this expansion where some male leads did not.

1 Like

Why does the pendulum need to swing all the way to the other side? Couldn’t we just have a somewhat equal amount of both if it makes sense to the plot?

6 Likes

I’m waiting for a female character to make a heroic sacrifice.

2 Likes

I hope it’s Jaina. She’s annoying.

2 Likes

This seems logical

She’s the only character that actually has any sort of lore.

Changes like this are simultaneously some of the most important social changes needed in our society today and its a blessing that Blizzard is heroically leading the vanguard but so trivial and unimportant that noticing such changes must be out of misogynistic bigory.

Its been like this since BFA. I want my guys back.

1 Like

The lads aren’t coming back. They’re either dead or sulking in a corner somewhere being useless. Or maybe they went MGTOW (Illidan).

1 Like

Heroically leading the sexist vanguard? You can’t heroically do that.

Nothing wrong with female leads, but if every lead is a female, that’s not an accident. And if it’s intentional, that means they have a problem with male leads, which is sexist. And I, along with every good person, have a problem with them being sexist.

But to you, opposing sexism is misogyny. That’s great for you, I guess.

4 Likes

takes a peek inside
oh… just more old news.

pls calm down. the lack of male leads is because the story doesnt need male leads. if u include any males as a main character would be just felt force just for the sake of having males even though we dont need to fit the narratives. besides why do we need to pander to the dei for includinng males? just to pander males?

I watched a video of a couple of quest lines and the one main guy in the story anduin is just so annoying and such a cry baby\selfish dude. Such a shame

3 Likes

thank you for that amazing, ole timey gibberish…

1 Like