New xpack, all female leads? (Part 1)

Back then, there were already strong female roles like Tyrande, Shandris, and Jaina, for example, but they were mixed with strong male characters. If it’s just one thing, in this case, women… meh.

2 Likes

I think the only reason we’re seeing this is they need to establish who the elf leads are for new/returning players. Esp. for Midnight. Come TLT we’ll have a balanced cast including Illidan, the Titans, Iridikron, and other surviving leaders.

This is what happens when characters are prematurely killed off (e.g. Voljin, Illidan, Nzoth) or the expansions are so disjointed.

Actually no.

Since BFA…no.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

1 Like

You get a heart

1 Like

:dracthyr_yay_animated:
Yay!
and i shall return a heart, along with apology if i was rude.

1 Like

You get another heat!! Woot!

1 Like

Bingo.

/10char

People around here really do love focusing real hard on gender sometimes I’ve come to notice.

2 Likes

Nothing on its own, Alien movies have female leads and Romulus was pretty good, but its a heavily pandering trend atm.

All media has been doing it for several years now. Masculinity is a sin apparently, and has filtered into all forms of entertainment. The age of “girl bosses only” is still here, but its time in the sun is coming to an end.

And its Warcraft. There needs to be more Garrosh, more Arthas, more Saurfangs, more Varians, more WC3 Thrall and Cairne.

2 Likes

trying to dictate a story by having an equal distribution of time and attention in relation to the character’s gender would probably lead to a worse story. It’s the opposite side of the same coin of dictating story based on a gender’s overabundance or lack of time and attention.

Right now I think writers are trying to insert female leads at a pace that is coming off as them trying to rectify the lack of them (relative to male leads) in the past as a result of the whole sexual misconduct investigation. I believe the results of that investigation really has had higher ups pushing the writers to create stories based around women as much as possible.

1 Like

Of course i didn’t watch that show lol. I dont hate myself enough to sit through that garbage rofl.

Why woild i wanna watch disney defile my favorite IP with BS like the thread nonsense or the power of many lame azz witches?

1 Like

Fair enough, usually people don’t have much room to criticize things they never saw or participated in. It fails in a number of ways but also does a lot of Star Wars very well.

Plus the IP was defiled the minute Lucas “remastered” the original trilogy, Disney barely added any dirt to that grave.

Also space witches have been a major part of SW lore since before things went to legends.

OP’s name checks out.

This is just not true lmao. Magni and Dagran are present with Moira and Brinthe the entire first two zones. Then the next two are Anduin and Faerin and Alleria, and then Anduin and Alleria

And two of the three main good Nerubian characters are male so…?

Perhaps. Unless the story director has explained how they develop the story, it’s hard to say how the development in other departments affected their process. Did the themes or systems they want to implement dictate what the expansion would focus around or was it the other way around?

Them moving to develop these next few expansions as a saga will hopefully be really beneficial for the writers. After shadowlands, I think they used DF as sort of a ‘cleanser’ to reestablish where characters currently stand in the story and give them room to re-enter it when the time is right.

Oh hey. Nobody’s mentioned Buffy, yet.

Buffy’s another great example of a show that everybody could enjoy, and never made anybody feel bad. Yeah, buffy’s a gal, and the main character, and the indispensible character. But she’s well-written. She has bad days. She needs help. She doesn’t have all the answers. She’s relatable.

As are the other characters.

That’s just good writing.

6 Likes

so…whats wrong with all male lead? Apparently everything.

9 Likes

The first two zones are led by Moira, Brinthe, Dagran, and Magni the entire time. Two female, two male. Dagran and Magni have major leadership/story moments together.

The second two zones are led by Anduin, Faerin, and Alleria, and then Anduin and Alleria. The last zone is led by the Weaver (female), the General (male), and the Vizier (male).

That’s quite literally a very even distribution lmao, not that it even should matter :woozy_face:

2 Likes

Story feels weak and emotional.

4 Likes

Is that the soft e boy looking dwarf kid? He is super cringe.

5 Likes