New xpack, all female leads? (Part 1)

Irvine used to be very nice and quiet and affordable.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

And they all have such weird deep voices too

1 Like

LOL right? And while you’re at it name a red town where developers created an actual app to warn you were the human feces are located.

1 Like

Only on TV.

Overly specific. But I was talking about the general idea of run down buildings, over priced buildings, unsafe areas, drug use, etc.

1 Like

Someone hasn’t done their research…

1 Like

Anaheim used to be a middle class utopia same with Buena Vista, Stanton, Santa Ana, etc.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

I live here, idiot.

1 Like

think you’re just going to have to learn to deal with it. :sunglasses:

1 Like

That’s just not true. I watched a friend slip in a pile in his new shoes. It was horrific, tragic and hilarious all at once.

1 Like

For Hicks, I vaguely recall some interview where Michael Bien said he was never requested to return. They killed him off without even asking. Apparently he was angry enough over it, that when he saw that they killed him off using an image of him in the pod, he threatened a lawsuit for their unlicensed use of his image. They ended up paying him for the use of his image in Alien 3 more money than he made doing Aliens.

For Newt, it’s probably a safe guess they didn’t ask her either if they didn’t ask Hicks’ actor.

I think a time skip would’ve been easy and made more sense. If they felt the need to really pick up where the prior movie left off, you can do a time-skip a couple scenes in. Show their pods being picked up in space, show Ripley being revived first and talking to some people, being told that Newt and Hicks are okay, time-skip forward.

They wouldn’t even need to make Newt a character we see, just let us know she’s been settled and is safe. If they really didn’t want to bring back Hicks, they could tell us he’s with her somewhere raising her.

It’s hard to fathom the thought-process of a writing team coming off the hugely successful Aliens, thinking that they should start the next movie insulting the outcome of the prior movie.

I saw a kid peeing on the street in SF in the 1970’s, was it a dystopian hellscape back then, too? Guess so.

Blame the ladies if things go side ways.

Let the lads lounge back and enjoy some rest.

:sweat_smile:

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

Because it’s…progressive woke trash just like in most movies.

The window lickers need to get past all the identity trash and grow up.

3 Likes

World of wokecraft

3 Likes

Ok, so a kid relieving himself on the street is somehow comparable to the need to make an app that tells you where poop was seen?

Someone programmed an app JUST to help you avoid going in areas where literal crap was sighted.

1 Like

Identity politics has never been more important to anyone than the conservative right.

1 Like

The quality standard is determined by the customer. A well-selling universe is thus likely to rank high on the scale.

Warcraft 3’s story is particularly popular; the old classic starting zones contain high-quality stories and vivid worldbuilding, and the RPG was well thought out. By the standards of the time, it was one of the best in its league (gaming).

Even if you disagree with me, if you only gave it a 5/10 back in the day, it can still fall to a 2/10 today.

I will not be baited into a #1 vs #2 argument, sir!

1 Like

Sure, but WoW is not a book. So the writing is only a small part of what leads to its success.

Oh I thought WC3’s writing was amazing.