New xpack, all female leads? (Part 1)

That was so weird. My char was in a relationship with Astarion and basically had nothing to do with Gale. Yet, he was super angry that I got together with Astarion. :joy:

1 Like

meanwhile i wanna learn magic, and everyone acts like im sleeping with gale…

:dracthyr_tea:

1 Like

Why is this being flagged?

7 Likes

I’m an old school fantasy fan. I have never liked he idea of a female dwarf with a beard. It always felt like some kind of inside joke.

3 Likes

people like being offended.

5 Likes

People don’t got a problem with female leads if they are hot and/or badass. And it’s not a “muh sexism” thing since the people who want male leads want hulking sweaty muscular men, not overweight greasy loser characters (unless it’s a villain you kill or a purely meme character). Problem with all the recent female leads in games is it feels like they are filling out a checkbox of traits to be PC, not actually making a real female character.

How many people complained about Jaina, Tyrande, Azshara, Sylvanas, etc. (prior to character assassinations)

8 Likes

FFXIV had an interesting take on the subject.

During Shadowbringers, when you travel to an alternate version of the world, the tiny little people (called lalafel) are actually called “dwarves” there, and they all have horned hats and huge beards, females included.

But it turns out, that the beards are actually fake, and are worn because they have this weird thing in their society where showing one’s face is vulgar so they all wear a full covering helm with beard to mask their appearance.

1 Like

My main complaint against Sylvanas was that she was simply overdone. Several expansions of her just doing whatever the frick she wanted and not being put in her place ever since Garrosh told her off in Tirisfal (which is one of the few times I actually liked anything about Garrosh).

There should be a balance.

1 Like

And that’s why Treasure Planet is wasted potential because it got no advertisement love.

Yeah. It’s getting a bit old. We go from womanizing Blizz to woman power Blizz?:woman_facepalming:

Pander moar. :rofl:

2 Likes

still think Alexstraza looks cuter in DF.
mostly because of the freckles.

1 Like

alexfreckles.

It’s a power trip. Flagging is.

I said “hype” not “advertisement”.

Yes, you need enough advertisement to get your brand out there.

However, there’s a difference between advertising your product, and hyping it up.

And when we’re talking about the biggest MMO on the market, I doubt they are going to fail to advertise their product, lol. Kinda like how Pepsi doesn’t need their ridiculous millions of dollars advertising campaigns because everybody already knows what a Pepsi is.

:dracthyr_sweat:
i have a weakness for frackles.

it makes me feel like a big man. all the posts.

Nobody remembers when that imp mother kidnapped Aethas Sunreaver to use as a… toy.

Somehow I doubt you’re much of a flagger.

flagged for doubting my power.

2 Likes