New xpack, all female leads? (Part 1)

hey. i take offense to that.

I didn’t know Thrall and Anduin were women now.

Honestly shes literally the only new character i care about.

theyre very womanly woman.

1 Like

Thralls in this expansion? Didnt even notice :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Why did y’all flag the OP? You gotta be kidding me. They’re right about what they’ve said.

12 Likes

i feel like this name is just wow.

Ripley was probably one of the best female leads to ever be portrayed in a movie, because she was portrayed realistically.

In the first movie, she had a woman’s intuition, which women naturally have, because they are meant to be mothers and mothers need to be able to protect their children.

In the second movie, Newt’s abduction sets off Mama Bear instincts, but yet due to Ms. Weaver’s excellent acting skills, you can tell Ripley is scared every second of the way as she marches up to that queen. She’s even able to make her footsteps look cautious, and her breathing you can hear is ragged like she’s on full alert.

Just sublime acting skills, the likes of which you don’t see in modern movies.

4 Likes

I think in our modern era of social media just about any game is going to have somebody trying to create backlash, unless it’s being so generic so as to not offend anybody(and then it’ll get backlash for being bland and boring).

From what I remember, most of the complaints I saw were people upset over how insanely horny your companions could get for you. Especially Gale.

My table is less ultra horny and more “there is nothing weird about this chair. It’s a god damned chair, please stop thinking it’s plot critical”.

It’s too bad that so many gamer guys are incapable of enjoying stories featuring women. Your imaginations are seriously weak.

3 Likes

Touchy feely wow community downvotes OP for whatever reason.

The shift to female power is no surprise. Trend of that can be found elsewhere too.

5 Likes

Nobody complained about Jaina.

7 Likes

Sorry chuds. The target audience of wow is no longer teenage boys. The target audience is frumpy millenial women and they chinless vassal slave “men”.

7 Likes

Yea shes easily the best female actor ive ever seen imo. Its really crazy how good she is.

What makes you think that only male players don’t like the story?

She was also the only person insisting they follow procedures when exposed to hostile contagions on an alien planet.

1 Like

Yeah to be honest it really is getting old, and that’s why the OP is upset about it.

It’s not that we hate female leads, it’s that when the majority of leading characters are female then it gets to be a “uh, can we do something different already? this is getting old”.

And yeah, a LOT of games are doing this.

7 Likes

That is completely contradictory to pretty much everything said here.

Im sorry bro but ppl like you are the reason acolyte and shehulk exist.

4 Likes

Entertainment in general, especially those in california.

I don’t mind it when it works but this feels on the nose not gonna lie.

Predictable though that they’d do this.

4 Likes

Good, well written female characters are fine. ITs when they are poorly written and have that forced feeling people get pissed. Lara croft is a great female character. As mentioned, Ripley from Aliens is a great female character.

Also, earthen females with beards? Gimme a break.

10 Likes