New xpack, all female leads? (Part 1)

Lana and Lilly Wachowski wrote that stuff into the movies in a way that was both natural and understandable instead of pushing it as the primary reason for the movies themselves to exist. Times were very different back then as well, trans people were constantly hated on as a general rule by almost all people. Today we have moved forward and most are much more open-minded thankfully.

The Matrix is not woke, it represents the subject in a way that is natural to the world of the movies while telling a compelling story for audiences to enjoy. Calling it “woke” or using it as ammo against people who don’t believe in your representation opinions is incredibly offense to The Wachowskis, who I would think that someone like you would be standing up and rooting for. I myself think they are great and am very thankful to them for creating one of my favorite movie trilogies.

5 Likes

Wasn’t there an incident at the Paris games where genders weren’t classified properly and a woman was decimated by another due to a misclassification of a difference in genetics?

Again, they wouldn’t, because they serve very different purposes, look different, and even play differently in the context of the game itself.

Even your arguments are problematic. You’ve clearly assumed this position that females are homogenous, suggesting that if another faction exists with females in it, then nobody would want to play with any other female faction because they’re all the same in your eyes.

Pretty strange you would make that argument when there are dozens of all-male factions in the game, yet people don’t only play space marines or custodes.

1 Like

I’d challenge that you wouldn’t know as the majority of your experiences are contained within your gaming circles and not others.

You don’t fully know how the wider base would react, I don’t technically either though I can guestimate looking at all the stir that gets kicked up over these things.

/drink​​​​

It is not an outlandish assumption that if females were introduced into other factions in 40k that people would still play and enjoy the Sisters of Battle.

Because, for the last time: They serve an entirely different purpose and aren’t just the “female faction” of the Warhammer universe like you’ve assumed and perceive them to be.

Honestly, your perspective on the Sisters of Battle and female characters in 40k speaks more about your character than anything else, and it doesn’t look good.

1 Like

I collect World Eaters and I like Lotara Sarrin’s character.

Very much liked the audacity of a mere mortal shooting an Astartes in the head just after getting drunk on battle, though seeing as how you’re taking this so personally and I have work soon I don’t see where discussing these things further could lead anywhere productive.

It isn’t what I think of Female Space marine or Custodes that’ll shake at the foundations, its everyone else whose die-hard Space Marine fans.

Nope.

“I know this because I first saw the Matrix when I was fourteen and it was VERY cool, and I remember it being super profound without any overt agenda which I totally would have been able to detect with my razor-sharp fourteen year old media literacy. On the other hand while I generally skip all quest text and every cutscene and every single sidequest, I know that modern WoW’s story is very super woke and pushing an agenda because Asmongold won’t shut up about it.”

2 Likes

Did you accidentally reply to the wrong person or? I am so lost. I never said anything to warrant such a random and hostile response lol.

Also I was 2 when the first movie came out and not able to understand or properly enjoy the movies until much later on in life.

5 Likes

The IBA, a russian owned and Kremlin backed organization, conveniently found Imane Khelif was “not a woman” right after she destroyed a Russian boxer in the ring.

And thus it’s been suspended by the IOC. Because it’s shady Russian oligarch malarkey.

1 Like

Don’t forget 99% Alliance-oriented.

My favorite part was finding out I think the woman she beat for gold this year, who was really playing up to the outrage, was actually bigger than Imane.

1 Like

i repeat…superman 64>baldurs gate 3.

This 100%. It’s clearly an intentional choice by employees of a certain persuasion that is pervasive in today’s media (see, et al. Star Wars, Rings of Power, Dr. Who, MCU, etc.). Pointing it out is not complaining - I’m the guy who skips quests and cinematics, haha, but it is definitely strange.

9 Likes

And he straight up admitted he isn’t in full control and isn’t pushing his ideas like he would have if he were his younger self. He also said he joined after 10 months of production on tww.

6 Likes

Because

Girls get it done.

We need to make Azeroth great again!

2 Likes

Are we gonna build a wall and make Outland pay for it?

1 Like