New xpack, all female leads? (Part 1)

My impression of 40k’s fanbase is that it’s almost literally 2, maybe 3 fanbases, with imperium, chaos and alien fans basically only interacting to flame at each other.

2 Likes

If just being there constitutes as good representation then why was the token gay friend or the female love interest not enough for the equality group.

It’s the classic “women will speak a third of the time and men will think they’re taking all the space” nonsense that’s been noted even in studies of uni students

1 Like

All of those characters had active roles in the story though.

1 Like

So is just being active the issue or being written well?

Once again i can point to all kinds of representation before the “DEI” push if being active is the only criteria

1 Like

Wake up.
The Matrix has you…
Follow the white rabbit.

Knock, knock

I mean so has the Bechdel test?

Funny thing about the Bechdel test; it’s not actually really a rule, it’s just a joke that came from a 90s lesbian comic.

2 Likes

Custodes are a grade above space marines.

If they do custodes, you can be guaranteed that they’ll do space marines.

This isn’t even up for debate.

It’s literally all genetic modification/enhancements. None of it matters. Anyone crying about this is a marginal voice. As someone who runs in 40k circles, I have no problem telling you that you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Like, if you want to come at me and talk a big game about 40k lore and the fandom, you should be prepared to actually discuss it instead of making dishonest, broad claims that you have no way of supporting.

1 Like

Sorry, I can’t take anyone who says DEI seriously. There is absolutely nothing I can say that will change your mind so I will not bother.

2 Likes

Like this isnt just some joke a feminist came up with?

1 Like

I can say the same for you. Its okay to have opposing opinions.

3 Likes

That doesn’t make you the authority of everything 40k or how everyone else outside your controlled circles will interpret that forced change that isn’t needed.

My wife is a female and I think she is pretty cool.

No it’s different, the Bechdel was a joke made by Alison Bechdel in one of her old comics (which, funny thing, has trans characters despite launching in the 80s)

1 Like

Okay and does that mean it cant be studied and deamed a pattern?

Like just a comic made a funny observation based on truth it doesnt make it any less of a pattern that set a standard

Specifically the Bechdel joke was about how there were really few movies where women would have a conversation about anything other than a man and it would be a funny test to try to see which movies passed it.

This thread got some wildness in it.

1 Like

Right kinda like how you posed that just because a woman had a speaking line all men decided shes taking up space. But because it was studied at uni (very liberal skew there bud) it all of a sudden is more viable than the Bechdel test?

It doesn’t make me the authority, but I’m not really convinced you dabble in the 40k universe, otherwise you’d be in agreement that female custodes are not only a longstanding request within the fandom, but that the actual introduction of them has been largely celebrated.

So it makes me an authority over you, and given how frequently I’ve seen you interject on subjects you have little command over, I feel safe in assuming that many of your perspectives aren’t even remotely informed, but instead purely contrarian.

Oh, believe me. I have no illusions that there will be a microcosm of 40k fans who will endlessly whine about this. I’ve come across them before. I’ve even come across them recently.

But these individuals are recognized by the fandom for what they are: Meaningless contrarians who have no grounds for feeling the way they do beyond it being convention, which is never a good excuse for why something shouldn’t change. The lore doesn’t support their views, nor does the fandom, so I don’t really know why you continue to harp on the point that Warhammer will die if they do this.

And no, adding female custodes wasn’t needed. It wasn’t necessary to the overall lore and worldbuilding of that universe.

Which means their introduction should have no bearing on anyone, so anyone making a stink about it is a literal child.

1 Like