New xpack, all female leads? (Part 1)

The sheer irony mixed in with the absolute lack of awareness in this post is almost chefs kiss fantastic. But i dont expect most to get it

4 Likes

Yeah, because it’s one thing I’ve noticed about left wing people on social media is that they do not post an absolute ton of dirty fan art, nope.

A hardcore 40k lore fan would tell you that there’s nothing in the lore that indicates a female can’t be a custode, so there’s no real problem with it.

Signed: A hardcore 40k lore fan.

There’s nothing to botch. It’s not contradictory to the lore of that world.

2 Likes

Wasnt the in lore reason they were generally male was because their body could take the amount of modification that a female body couldnt

1 Like

How to tell someone that your knowledge is non-existent on the subject :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2:

2 Likes

They’ll also tell you that Games Workshop blindsided everyone in the lore by saying “there have always been female Custodes” when clearly that wasn’t explicitly the case before.

I’m a Chaos expert, from my perspective you can make anything fly but if you throw all the standards 40k was built on everyone will just ignore it and turn to 3D printers.

The entire 40k setting is an endless pile of retcons. Hell, some of the things the bizarre empire fans who are always shouting heresy in media that’s decidedly not 40k think are retcons clearly aren’t even with a cursory awareness of the setting.

2 Likes

I was told yall are objectifying Henry Cavill in this thread, can you stop, he is a human being

Games Workshop literally rewrites and retcons things all the time. This isn’t a new thing.

If you’re getting caught up over this particular thing, then you shouldn’t be engaging with 40k. Like, at all, because you’ll probably have an aneurysm.

2 Likes

I don’t care about the Loyalists.

What fans do know is franchises like Star Wars have already gone under due to modern artist tastes and are terrified of the same happening to 40k.

Im defintely keeping notes on how to Gatekeep for my interests

I’ve seen the painfully unfunny “blam heresy” crowd claim that the imperium being evil is a retcon even though the literal most iconic line about the 40k setting is the introduction that’s been there since 1e, you know what it talks about?

For more than a hundred centuries the Emperor has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the Master of Mankind by the will of the gods and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the Imperium, for whom a thousand souls die every day, for whom blood is drunk and flesh eaten.

1 Like

Fascinating they’re willing to ignore the overwhelming number of 40k fans that called the retcon for what it was and the backlash GW received.

The Brotherhood was such until the 10th codex, but I guess we just mentally erase all the predecessors

3 Likes

And dat’s why Orks iz best.

1 Like

They literally are not.

You can visit any forum/subreddit concerning 40k. You will find an ocean of people celebrating the inclusion of female custodes into the universe.

People who are real fans of 40k care nothing about this. It’s a bunch of grifters who have no interest in 40k trying to spin it into something else entirely, and/or a vocal minority.

1 Like

If Space Marine females happen the franchise will die.

No question.

1 Like

It would be fine.

Stop fearmongering. It’s bad for your health.

2 Likes

Anduin and Diagram are definitely male last I checked.

Merrix is male and leader of the Earthen.

2/3 of the Severed Threads leaders are male.

Yeah, there’s a good amount of female leads this expansion, but there’s also quite a few male leads as well.

2 Likes

No it wouldn’t.

Not even Games Workshop is stupid enough to try, which is likely why Amazon can’t conjure a script for the show.