New xpack, all female leads? (Part 1)

Yes. Nielsen ratings are used to determine demographic and size. Who wants to watch it, and how large is that group? It has nothing to do with whether or not they enjoyed it.

Which has a negative factor within that determined the shows failure/cancelation.

:person_shrugging:

So the best non-sports tv show in the US this year is Tracker?

Yes. You’re following me so far, but you seem to be missing the importance of the latter portion of what you quoted.

If, as you say, Nielsen ratings were a major factor in the cancelation, that major factor had nothing to do with whether or not people enjoyed the show.

The next part is unrelated.

Critically, Acolyte was considered mediocre, by and large. Fan reviews are very skewed, and this is extremely evident in the statistics to anyone with half a mind to look at them. Forbes has an article on the topic.

In both directions, I’d add. Meanwhile, the actual communities set up to discuss the show don’t reflect such a negative or positive view of the show. It’s divisive, but not in extremes. There was review bombing in both directions, which is why the 2-4 range of reviews are so poorly represented on every fan review site available.

Pretty sure people like or disliking a show determines its success.

It isn’t farfetched to call it bad when people don’t watch it to the extent that it reflects a positive Nielsen rating or if it was just creatively bankrupt in comparison to George Lucases work which comparatively hasn’t been canceled with the same net loss of 180 million bucks or more.

Is that real accounting or hollywood accounting that makes you pretend they lost the whole budget?

How can you be sure when the rating system you thought was a primary factor doesn’t even care about whether participants enjoy it?

Detours, Underworld, and the Holiday Special all failed, by your apparent metrics.

All at significant loss, and afaik only Underworld due to Disney.

1 Like

Just what I heard from the insiders or streamers that are closely watching Lucas Arts demise.

It was canceled.

3 Likes

And their biases on this are?

And you do know they have a whole system set up to basically make it sound like they lost money on anything but the biggest blockbuster for tax and talent payment purposes, right?

Circular reasoning is circular.

Its not my fault people can’t accept it at a loss.

2 Likes

I hate how you revert back to this low-effort trolling when other people join the discussion. I give you all the room in the world, compared to how I treat others on these forums.

“It was canceled” does not tell anyone why.

1 Like

We could see what the creators think but I don’t think you want light sheded on their reasoning.

1 Like

Snap back to reality people! Unplug from the matrix!!

1 Like

It’s not going to ruin me to find out the messy details of a failed project.

And it still wouldn’t compare to something like Apocalypse Now, which succeeded.

1 Like

That it failed is enough for me.

1 Like

I prefer to know things. Especially before I tell others the reasons I think something happened.

1 Like

I wish they kept the threads up about TWW awful writing rather then allowing this one to linger on. I guess they can scape goat it on gamers hating woman.

lol there’s not much to know when you have one look at where creators direct the blame.

Imagine trying to work with these people.

Must have to trod on eggshells every day.