New xpack, all female leads? (Part 1)

How are you defining good, right now? Ratings? Critical acclaim? Profit? Success in the eyes of the network, which is almost always above the black (making enough or more than enough to sustain)?

How does 180 million more dollars solve an administrative problem?

I find that even basic principles for success elude the average GD poster.

But they’re not racist, noooo…

Imply [anything] and rely on the crutch that the thread does not exist? yes thats a clow behavior.

1 Like

To be honest this time it didnt feel forced the way DF did.

I think it was the nelson rating that led to its definitive cancelation.

I’m sure it factored in to as a perception of losses, against what they measured as a meaningful gain.

If a shows canceled many people are going to assume it was bad.

Coming up with every other reason under the sun for its demise just seems akin to a child throwing a tantrum.

Because hardly anyone ever has had the experience of “show I loved got cancelled for no good reason” and there aren’t tons of petitions to try and save shows from cancellations. But the corporate overlords and the almighty bottom line know stories better than anyone, right?

1 Like

You can’t have lots of money gains and quality entertainment with modern Californian beliefs.

Is that the excuse for why the horrible boring dreck the people who shout go work go broke try and pass off as entertainment fails?

If they focused more on making a good story instead of focusing more on push their beliefs on everyone, it might not have been canceled.

Alas someone miscalculated.

4 Likes

The Nielsen ratings? These aren’t a measure of a show’s goodness, they’re a measure of a show’s demographic and size. By the sort of measure you’re looking at with this scale, fan-favorite Astartes Project would also not be doing well. Would you say the Astartes Project is bad?

Yes. Typically, when administrative issues bottleneck any project, a lengthened leash that goes wasted is a death sentence. I’m not sure what about this could be used to show that anything is bad - mismanagement can result in something of sub par quality, but more often than not they result to poor time and money management specifically. I think people forget or opt to ignore how many people work on these projects.

And if I hit you with a list of shows that don’t follow this mold?

Fabricating reasons out of thin air is childish, which is what you’re doing.

1 Like

Right, that’s about the cowardice I expected lol

No point in arguing against someone who will lie about anything and spin everything to make themselves look better. I guess the prospect of being embarrassed about your intellectual dishonesty on the forums is too much for you :man_shrugging:

I don’t think anyone here thinks The Acolyte was, by any means, a phenomenal TV show. I think the point most people here are making is that a show being bad has hardly ever been the singular reason for why something was cancelled, and your assumptions on the subject are wildly misconstrued and willfully ignorant, as a means to fit the narrative you’ve concocted here.

Some of y’all drank WAY too much of the alternate reality koolaid :eyes:

3 Likes

Disney management disagrees I guess, as the show was canceled. :person_shrugging:

Probably wouldn’t factor into the economic outcomes that pulled the show down.

The shows creators lend me all the credit I need as they blame the fans for its failure rather than themselves.

4 Likes

I don’t recall asking what Disney thought. If I wanted a corporate flat tone answer, I can just Google it and find one in any of the myriad articles that will show up.

This is an interesting topic, especially since you brought up the Nielsen rating being an important factor. In fact, in the case of Nielsen ratings, it is exclusively people who are solicited that matter. If these people are influenced by other social media first, it isn’t just likely that the rating will falter, it’s guaranteed. If interest died before release, the issue didn’t happen post-release with its reviews. Nielsen ratings are pre-release.

This is not to say anyone saying that fans are to blame are correct. That is undeniably a stupid claim, and I’m not here to defend people who say things like this. That said, I doubt a majority of the people working on the project actually feel that way - or care enough to think about it, frankly. They got paid.

It is to say that under the Nielsen rating, its release state is virtually irrelevant. Nielsen ratings are not reviews.

Not everyone are hardcore Star Wars fans and will allow for standards to slip as long as certain criteria is entertaining enough.

Though its seem even everyone else has their breaking point in terms of acceptable standards. :person_shrugging:

We live in the dark timeline

1 Like

I will repeat, since I did edit it in;

Reviews?

Aren’t they bought and sold these days in some cases?

Quite often, yes, though it’s very uncommon for larger organizations like Disney to do so. Far too many POFs. It takes one person in the know to invalidate a false review, and Disney is quite high profile. Not to mention journalists can often pay more than a company is willing to pay for reviews for evidence that a company’s reviews are false.

But again, Nielsen ratings are not reviews.

I mean does it matter?

It was the factor that determined the shows cancelation and if it’s determined by peoples interests in watching it then it isn’t far-fetched to call the show bad.