New xpack, all female leads? (Part 1)

Pretty sure getting your second season canceled is a surefire sign of failure regardless of whether you think I’m a genuine fan or not.

2 Likes

There’s some people with some coats that are brown that’d have words with you.

They can’t change the fact that the series was a loss either.

2 Likes

And like I said, you’re not a fan, you’re just a culture warrior faking it to push your BS.

If there’s one big takeaway from all of this brou-ha-ha that I hope that Blizzard gets from all of this rabble, it’s that even if they backed way off of the visibility and representation of various groups that we had in Dragonflight, even if Faerin was given a soft-spoken voice and a sweet personality instead of being a gatekeep facesmash girlboss, even with focusing on male-led storylines with Khadgar, Anduin, bringing back Thrall, Magni, Dagran, people will always froth and complain.

Unless they have the next expansion be 100% bare-chested humans and orcs screaming slurs at each other and lopping off heads, these dudes will not be satisfied. Or, more likely, probably even then they’ll whinge that their un-favorite bare chested screaming dude had .05 less lines of dialogue than their favorite one and that was clear bias.

So why bother trying to appease them? With the people who don’t understand how stories go no longer a factor in the story development department, they should just keep telling whatever stories they want and let the people who will never be happy with that because the game no longer matches up to the rose-colored glasses of the cheeto-dust crowd (inaccurately) remembering being 14 and playing the game for the first time.

If the story that they want to tell over and over and over again mostly features screaming bare chested dudes, okay. If it instead includes a diverse cast and a character-driven plot with emotional touchpoints, okay. The players will complain either way, so they might as well entertain themselves above anyone else?

3 Likes

Not even the power of MaNnNnNnNnNnyYyYyY dollars could save that trainwreck of a show lmao

7 Likes

I don’t have to be a culture warrior to tell you that it wasn’t political extremists that got the show canned, it was just terrible in quality.

If it was actually good none of that stuff would’ve mattered, now you and the creators are using that argument to not face up to the responsibility of owning that failure.

1 Like

admittedly it DOES seem a little odd there are’nt many men in the story lately. atleast, any that live long enough to become important.

2 Likes

Can’t comment on quality, haven’t gotten around to checking it out. Have heard reviews going both ways. But screaming woke killed it more than standard studio greed that doesn’t want to follow through with a story long enough for the cast and writers to find its place if it doesn’t immediately take off is kinda naive.

I mean hell, look at Warner Bros and their evil practice of destroying movies without even showing them anywhere because it’s more profitable for them.

Anyone capable of critical thought is going to come to the same conclusion as to what themes, tropes or influences goes into creating the meanings behind the stories of these things.

Which isn’t to say it can’t be done or shouldn’t be done but it is a very, very difficult thing to pull off without a high grade of intelligent writing that doesn’t come across as pandering or talking to down to its audience without tarnishing what has already been set in precedence that once was Star Wars.

Their current mishandling of that franchise should stand as a stark warning to others where the creative wheels have gone off the rails in pursuit of pushing modern Californian ideals.

2 Likes

No way the dude whose argument about Faerin was “she’s strong so she’s bad” is calling someone else intellectually weak.

Did not mean to reply to you, Ratherin - don’t think I can undo it, so apologies.

3 Likes

Remember Forspoken? Square Enix put a lot of money into that game. What a flop.

Wonder if Acolyte will go the way of Willow. Loss of a second season is painful enough to the showrunners and writers. but Disney basically deleted everything about the Willow TV series from existence, kind of adding insult to injury.

It was too bad. Willow could have been a fun world to explore in a TV series. But they handed it over to people wanting to make it for a modern audience who thought the original wasn’t “diverse” enough.

2 Likes

Yeah and even that wasn’t canceled.

What does that say about current writing today?

strawman fallacy
i didnt type this a single time in my life
good luck refuting something that i don’t defend, quote me if you can, dishonest and intectual weak :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Stargate: SG-1 specifically chose Showtime because they knew other networks would cancel them very early on due to unrealistic expectations.

Shows do not always cancel due to critical failure, failure is an arbitrated figure somewhere above profitable.

Point out the strawman. I’d link the thread, but it got taken down. No one’s fooled.

1 Like

you can’t quote … i’m… surprised

1 Like

Yes, a one off christmas special that only aired once (which is the holiday special equivalent of cancelled, still seeing those Rankin Bass things floating around year after year) and everyone involved wished it didn’t exist. But oh no a show got cancelled so it MUST be bad.

What are you an accountant?

1 Like

No you aren’t. You’re alerted when a thread is taken down due to flags.

1 Like

Well if it was good it wouldn’t have been binned.

Pretty embarrassing to waste 180 million bucks and not even get the show aired for the next season.

9 Likes