New xpack, all female leads? (Part 1)

yes

left-pure-virtuos-wing and fascist/big0ts/monsters wing

1 Like

Hey, Broxikor, maybe you’re just playing 5D chess or something and have a perspective on this too dumb for us smooth brains, but nobody ever actually claimed or insinuated that the sole reason why Concord failed was because of right-wingers lol

It can be true that Concord failed for other reasons while also being true that right-wing grifters dancing on its grave and celebrating its death exacerbated the situation lmao

Because you’re deluding yourself if you think for a moment that any conversation surrounding Concord had anything to do with the game itself, and not because of the hero designs and “forced DEI” nonsense. I’m almost certain if I asked a single person to describe a single thing about the game and its gameplay, I’d get bupkis because most of them haven’t even played it to know anything about it.

2 Likes

Yes, he mentioned them briefly, but since his mythology interest was all european he didn’t go into much detail, just more of a hand wavy ‘it’s like Asia’ and none of the detail he’d give to anything he went int.

Now I’ll admit I haven’t watched any of this, but wasn’t the whole point of this series to be set in a period that there was very little detail of in Tolkien’s writings? Finding a space to tell new stories in a setting in a spot without much actual detail.

Yes he did, at least at one point he wrote her leading and participating in a rebellion of the Noldor.

No there aren’t. There’s about one mention of skin color of elves in general, and yes, that was fair skinned, but that was apparently meant to describe only one of the varieties of elves. But either way, what does it change about the story?

Fish out of water is a popular thing, he’s a somewhat familiar character in Japan who shows up in a few games and anime.

I mean, I get a kick out of this thing as guess who rulers had as retainers?

Regardless if it had 5, 10 or 15 reasons, this is the main reason.

8 Likes

“I’m desperately sobbing for all these poor men. ‘Where have all the real men gone,’ I cry, pathetically searching for a cartoon character to illustrate the proper way to brutalize other cartoon characters in an attempt to validate my crippling insecurities and crumbling grasp of my own place in the world.”

Yep, this is a thread.

2 Likes

You understand that DEI arguments are a right-wing narrative, right? It stems from people on the far right fearmongering about the replacement and erasure of white people.

So is Concord’s failure because of right-wingers or is it not? Which is it?

1 Like

DEI is not a narrative, is a fact.
Your lack of knowledge is stunning, haven’t you heard any of Sweet Baby’s scandals etc? Disney admitting they didn’t hire white etc?

11 Likes

And not that in a genre that has been tough to get into it had a $40 price point when the big guns tend towards F2P? the trailer was really bland generic somewhat comic action group attitude that people keep trying to pull off since the 90s.

Nope had to be DEI for reasons.

price has nothing to do with it, nothing.
If this were the variant, other genres that are free to play would also impact games that have a cost. Clearly this is not the case, so you are refuted.

1 Like

What a strong rebuttal. How can I argue against “Nuh-uh”

You mean the hate campaign coordinated on Kiwi Farms, a notoriously vile website that harasses people, that targeted Alan Wake 2 for having a black female protagonist because of an unsupported and uncorroborated “woke agenda”?

That’s what we call a narrative, sweetheart lol

2 Likes

I gotta say it is nice to not be a crazed millennial wielding the term inclusive to push hatred and silence any and all who don’t think they way I do.

I treat human beings as human beings :dracthyr_heart:

2 Likes

Yes, people who harassess the ones who not bend the knee.for its content. Sweet baby inc.

1 Like

Checklist?

No, Disney’s mishandling of the Star Wars franchise is simply the medium I refer to whenever evaluating products following similar trends.

1 Like

This is almost a sentence lol

I don’t recall Episode 2 being canceled for around 180 million bucks.

Just doesn’t compare.

2 Likes

Get out of here poser.

Trying to pretend to be a fan of things and acting like cancellations are a reliable sign of anything.

“Good, goooood. Let your hatred flow through you!”

2 Likes