New xpack, all female leads? (Part 1)

On the next episode of “This is what it is like working with people at the end of life”.

1 Like

Females
Alleria
Moira Thaurissan
Jaina
Faerin Lothar
Xal’atath

Adelgonn

Males
Khadgar (dead)
Anduin
Thrall
Magni

Baelgrim (also dead after first zone)

Notice how many female characters have died or have become compromised in some way. :thinking:

2 Likes

Let’s see.

So far in TWW I’ve been interacting with Alleria (f), Magni (m), Brann (m), Dagran (m), Khadgar (m), Anduin (m), Thrall (m), Moira (f), Skitter (m?), and Jaina (f). Then there are the Earthen. I haven’t counted them yet but let’s just say their leader is now female. So one major other f.

I’m only in the second zone, but so far it’s 3 female lead characters and 6 male lead characters, unless I’m missing anyone important so far.

The Bronzebeards are currently the leading characters I interact with the most.

1 Like

They may be trying to rehab their image but some things are non negotiable.

1 Like

Rainer is so dam cool. Nova is also amazing, and queen of blades.

Starcraft rocks man lol.

3 Likes

I don’t think there’s anything necessarily wrong with it, it’s just that it has been the pattern with blizzard for the past few expansions.

Especially since Battle for Azeroth

(To be fair, those shorts were pretty awesome)

I think it is fair that people want male characters to be in lead positions of advertisements

3 Likes

That list is strange since most of those females are still alive.

Also no love for my boi varyian?

I don’t think it’s that folks have a problem with females leading itself (it’s nothing new), i think it’s that IT’S ALL FEMALES leading that is the “problem”. It wouldn’t happen in the real world but i’m sure it’s making some folks like in here happy for whatever reason.

The funny part is though that female leads all have masculine traits.

3 Likes

It’s sad that RTS as a whole is hurting right now, cause I loved Command & Conquer too.

I’m hoping that Stormgate does well, especially after hearing that Frank Klepacki is doing part of the soundtrack.

You also left out Brann and Moira’s son.

1 Like

Thing is, they aren’t very interesting. Not a bit. I have yet to find a remarkable character, regardless of gender so far.

Anyway, this expansion is tainted by the previous writing team, so I don’t expect much from it as far as writing is concerned, but I did expect at least one remarkable character here and there.

6 Likes

Dude command and conquer red alert, age of empires 2. Golden era right there.

Want em to come back.

1 Like

Dalaran is the new Titanic. So when we shoved out women and children first, all the men were left behind, and, well… :grin:

1 Like

There isn’t a problem with it.

You don’t like Skitter?

I mean, personally, I’m loving Xal’atath as a villain. She’s awesome. My favorite villain they’ve brought in in a long time.

2 Likes

And? Nobody ever complained when it was all male leads.

4 Likes

Atleast there wasnt a door that rose refused to share cus she sucks :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I listened to that interview they had with Chris Metzen recently. He talked about how the process for creating the new expansion was much more “democratized” than it used to be at Blizzard.

He tried to sound as positive as possible, but honestly it came across to me like putting a positive spin on the old phrase “walking on eggshells.”

12 Likes

And you dismissed one of the main characters arc.

Alleria is also dealing with being rash and almost got the entire group killed.

In DF Ebyssian rose to aspect status. 2 out of 3 raid bosses were male. Iridikron is likely going to be the biggest of the bads as his plot is ongoing.

You are seeing what you want to see. There are tons of strong and developing male characters. You being afraid of there being more spotlight on women is fairly embarrassing to be honest.

4 Likes

Arcane, Edge of Tomorrow, Andor, etc.

All of the series prove exactly this point, people don’t actually have a problem with lead female characters as long as they are well written and engaging

2 Likes