New xpack, all female leads? (Part 1)

No she isn’t if anything she’s an example of the complete opposite the handling of her character was disgusting.

2 Likes

The WoW community: “There aren’t enough manly men characters who are honorable and sacrifice themselves to save others”

Blizzard: “Okay here’s some male characters who sacrifice themselves honorably to save others”

The WoW community: “Why aren’t there any manly male characters anymore? Wtf Blizzard”

Rinse and repeat forever

3 Likes

Can’t have your cake and eat it.

1 Like

Why does it matter that much. Are the men that play WoW that uncomfortable playing a video game that has a female lead. Hell my favorite movie genre is horror, and know what they all have? Female leads. This whole DEI crap is more often idiots excuses for to hide there own insecurities.

2 Likes

Well, they were replaced by their daughters. I take more issue with retiring Malfurion, Tyrande and Genn at all. What was the point? It certainly didn’t lead to any narrative stakes. It was simply unceremoniously dispensing with established lore characters to make way for their unestablished progeny. The writers couldn’t even be bothered to build up the unestablished characters.

2 Likes

Both of those character came out of nowhere this not some long established lore. First of all Olbarig did not want stormrooks to be used at all he wanted them free. Second he did not believe that stormrooks were capable of or willing to choose a rider. It is Lufsela as a rookkeeper she had a better connection with them. This is why she became the new leader.

Olbarig choose to honor his friend’s memory by becoming a stormrider again and using his friends rook. He did not need to become the new leader to do that. He walked back on a deeply held conviction, admitted he was wrong and picked back up the mantle his friend wished for him to do.

2 Likes

It’s just not a believable narrative. One can only suspend their disbelief for so much. Characters are miscast, and poorly written to boot.

2 Likes

Those movies tend to have female leads because you’d be annoyed by a man who ran away crying all the time. You find that kind of thing acceptable in a woman, but a man doing it would cause you to immediately reject the entire film.

3 Likes

Except He even states that both him and Baelgrim were right in their own way.

1 Like

See this is why I said it shows your own insecurities. Alien I don’t remember Ripley running away and crying. And the reality is yes, some men are going to run away and cry in those situations, it’s a natural reaction that you don’t have that much control over call fight or flight.

1 Like

Eh, true but it still took a lot to admit that.

Yes but it’s something a good leader would do though. Instead we get someone who lucked their way into the position.

1 Like

It’s time for a rewatch, dude.

Running and hiding is what happened in Alien and Aliens.

6 Likes

If you Google the top movies of all time, you get movies like The Shawshank Redemption, The Godfather, Schindler’s List, and Inception all movies where men are shown having emotion.

I mean, it is a fantasy game. The perfect place to pretend females are capable of leadership!

Muhahaha. I jest.

I like that a lot actually.

Turns out the real problem isn’t ‘emotion’ but instead poor wow writers lacking the skill to turn Anduin into anything but their fantasy of a man in therapy.

Basically this

https://www.reddit.com/r/CorporateFacepalm/comments/r5q6xv/betterhelp_attempting_to_shame_people_into/

4 Likes

I think the writing has been great personally :dracthyr_shrug:, definitely a step above the past recent expansions for sure. I’m loving the new “Stay awhile and listen” options, too.

I wouldn’t characterize Shawshank Redemption and Schindler’s List as running away crying all the time. So let’s try to be a little less disingenuous, ok?

1 Like

Men showing emotion and still getting stuff done.
Therein lies the crux of the problem. Anduin is showing emotion and nothing else. He’s being a little b.

9 Likes