New xpack, all female leads? (Part 1)

This is about girl power and men bad, although you are right that they are trying to rehab their image. They’re just doing it in a very heavy-handed way. In the previous expansion, they focused on LGBT topics and female power. In TWW, it’s mostly women good, men terrible. It reads like someone who wrote a male-hate journalist article.

9 Likes

Anyway it’s been a minute since I posted a gif in here, so he’s a reenactment of Thrall’s role in TWW’s leveling campaign:

6 Likes

It’s 2024, you need to keep men in 25% or less of content or it’s sexist

5 Likes

I think it’s good so many people are jumping into this topic here.

On that note, does it really matter how many males/females are leaders? Does anyone truly care? It doesn’t matter at all to me. I just want the characters to be well written. I don’t want the males to be written as inept, always needing saved or being lectured by the females, while the females are all wise, brave heroines. What’s my takeaway supposed to be with this? Hate yourself for being born male? Thanks for buying our game, you toxic pos. If someone’s position is to institute equality, representation, or any of those buzz words you see absolutely everywhere now, I’d say you’ve severely missed the mark.

2 Likes

I feel like You just don’t like WoW, and probably should try something else…

All the Lore players seem to really enjoy the story thus far, I actually enjoyed it myself.

I don’t get that in TWW, now Shadowlands oh yeah. I am really hoping to see Anduin grow up in a sense. Sometimes people have to go through things to get that strong and shiny spine.

Well it feels like a Warcraft game again at least, which hasn’t been the case since BfA. That probably has something to do with it. There’s still plenty of room for improvement on that front though.

I only just got into the nerubian zone and there have been some interesting bits here and there, but it’s still nothing special as far as WoW writing goes, so the poor character writing sticks out a lot more. And there’s more dumb BS like the light undead in Hallowfall.

dude fearbreaker was given to moria. another noticable thing from the side quest.

The balance is off. The game is too feminine and not enough masculine.

6 Likes

Now that Danath has shown up it’s actually imbalanced in favour of men because he brings enough testosterone to count for 1000 men.

This morning was super crazy and I was diagnosed with not one but two mental disorders, but bringing it back to the topic, doesn’t TWW have major male characters like Magni, Anduin, Thrall, and major male earthen characters?

1 Like

They don’t lie though, its pretty common for Blizzard to ignore bullies and trolls if their point of view aligns with theirs. Blizzard moderators seem to not know what a troll is and think that trolling is just having a different opinion. It’s why its so bad to have such a bad and poorly outlined community guidelines for “Trolling” it really lets the moderators abuse their powers imho.

5 Likes

I would never ask you to read a thousand comments, but if you were to do so, you’d see that I in-fact made the argument for viewing characters EQUALLY, regardless of superficial categories such as gender or race, and instead to judge them by their writing quality - moral virtue representation. This is what I got attacked for! Reality is the direct opposite of what the cult ideologue trolls have gaslate and bullied people here over thousands of comments to askew. Most of the victims just stopped commenting, but I made the mistake of continuing.
I literally have forum account action being taken against me already because they reported me after I exposed their tactics, and even chased me elsewhere where I inquired about having MY OWN posts deleted en masse.
They even made Dev-adjacent staff confused and gaslate.
These people are so meticulously petty as to have clicked my profile and FOLLOWED ME to other subs. AKA Prolonged, targeted, persistent harassment. One for which I’m not guaranteed action to be taken other than against ME. Right now I’m just holding onto hope.
Be careful, and be safe out here. It’s all been captured by a philosophy that deliberately flips everything over.

2 Likes

That was entirely up to the writers at the time. WoW utilized less cinematics at the time but no one was really portrayed as hapless. Not so nowadays.

I think thats incredibly odd. Hey, lets use ingame stories in our biggest game to rehab our poor image! Weird.

Make good stories and fun games, the rest will take care of itself.

It happens, sometimes when you suffered behavior such as people pretending to care or hold one point of view just to say something against their point view for a long period of time it can feel like almost anything a person says is a personal attack. Lets be honest this is a sensitive topic women, poc’s, and people of the community inwhich i always forget the exact letter order for have long been excluded from video games, so people suddenly caring because men are excluded may feel more like a false pretense to them even if its a real concern. I think people struggle to understand its pretty normal for people to not really see or care for an issue enough to do something until it affects them. Just try to be more understanding and let people know your not against them, you want equality, you just think this ain’t it. People have been fairly receptive to me this way. Atleast most people there was one lady in here a little offhilter but even those against my point of view had kinda grew tired of her too. Compassion, Understanding and Maturity is really the best way to handle these issues, yes… I know what the acronym for that is lets not discuss that.

1 Like

I don’t really see the men in WoW as hapless but what I look for in a male character is different than what you are looking for. If you are looking for that traditional alpha male then yes that is lacking.

It is about virtue signaling, they want to rehab the image without having to make any real change with their company. Most people buy into the signaling.

Oh yeah, I loved that. She suddenly became the most powerful mage ever. Why? Case she was doing a magic dragon? Cause if that was it, there’d be a line in the Azure Span.

She has the Nightbourne chick who has been around for 10 millenia running scared of her. And not just her hanging around, they basically spent all that time perfecting their arcane magic skills.

What a load of crap.

Are my fellow men feeling slightly marginalized… in azeroth??? Cmon peoples. Settle down lol

Her heels gave her that power. Heels automatically amplify a woman’s power. :disguised_face:

It’s lacking badly. Look at anduiun that kid is frustrated, teenage level frustration. How’s he gonna work it out? Talking about it? Okay. Hasn’t worked. Why not try something else? Have him rage a bit. Hell, even find him a girl. Or several, disney boy like that probably has a fanclub.

1 Like