New xpack, all female leads? (Part 1)

But is there a lore reason for this? I’m not super familiar with shadowlands lore but I know he was turned into a death knight or something (Damn those human princes just can’t stop becoming DKs can they?) but even then he still looked like budget brad pitt

The bully went from victim to martyr…
Wow…

3 Likes

The fact that i simply want a strong male leader somewhere in the story line. Just like there ain’t nothing wrong with proposed all female leads, there is nothing wrong with continued strong masculine male leads. One doesn’t have to take from the other…

No, he’s not. Hellscream, Arthas, Saurfang’s Boy, even Saurfang before blizz neutered him. That’s masculine.

5 Likes

I mean, we now have spiders referred to as they/them. What did you expect?

2 Likes

I don’t think the issue is leaders per say. Character focus and screen time is more relevant and I do notice a general trend where we don’t get a lot of that traditional heroic male archetype and character arc anymore. It’s a popular storyline that’s pretty reliable to captivate people in all demographics with, and the closest we got was Baelgrim and he got killed off lmao…

So I do hope the writers pay attention to this going forward.

3 Likes

I ate a 24 hour ban responding to one of your posts myself.

Sorry, but you’re not a martyr for breaking forum rules.

2 Likes

Ohh there is, because at some point that male would tell a female what to do and god forbid something like that could happen! Can you even imagine!? A male COMMANDS a female! The HORROR!

8 Likes

Yeah, there’s been a huge lack of testosterone in gaming in recent times.

4 Likes

Meanwhile I found the story so bland and uninspiring I don’t even remember the vast majority of what you people are talking about. Although I’ve always kind of considered Anduin a fruit bat especially after the BFA trailer.

1 Like

Game always had strong women leads.
Jaina Proudmoore
Tyrande Whisperwind Sylvanas
Windrunner
Onyxia

All of these strong women leads were from VANILLA WoW.

Game has not been lopsided with men leads ever. Yet since BFA, so 4 expansions now - that will be 8 years of girl power.

Bow down and shut up.

7 Likes

Never said it didn’t

:neutral_face:

Yeah, the ratio was a predominantly male cast.
Nowhere did I say the female cast weren’t strong characters.

:sleeping::fist_right:

People sure do get angry when women do anything

1 Like

Do I really have to explain to you what “predominantly” means?
Yes it has.

No it hasnt. The last 4 expansions have been overwhelmingly women in leads. I see you doing no protesting.

4 Likes

So…let me get this straight. IF anyone wants representation and inclusion of characters they identify with they should just be silent or go elsewhere? Let’s keep that sentiment with ALL games.

Yes, it has

3400 comments in this thread tells me that maybe OP has a point.

9 Likes