New xpack, all female leads? (Part 1)

Huh. I didn’t even notice. I like all the characters so far. I do hope we see some more of Thrall eventually though.

Interestingly, and somewhat related, I’m not sure what the Earthen’s take on gender is. The NPC in the barber shop describes gender as a cosmetic property, or something like that. They say the machine that makes Earthen basically randomizes them, but they can alter their bodies to be however they want, including gender.

Because, its so on the nose and the continuation of wokecraft

6 Likes

Most societies were patriarchal. Only specific societies were matriarchal, like the jewish settlements of the middle east. Very little societies are matriarchal and when they are, they do not last very long. When a queen is in power, it’s not considered a matriarch unless her council is also overwhelmingly matriarchial.

It is also a religion aspect to it. Most religious are patriarchal. Once again, only religions like jewish religions are the few matriarch aspected religions.

3 Likes

Mate, everything u wrote is incorrect in that post. Pick up a book for crying out loud lmao

2 Likes

This was changed by Constantine. If you only look at the past 2000 years then yes, society is largely patriarchal. But if you look at history beyond that, we’re talking older than 2000 years and even evidence we have going back 8000+ years, it changes. We are finding bodies of warlords that were women going way back.

Constantine essentially convinced the pagans to change religions which were also based on women being in the top role. Even Roman and Greek mythology was revised.

A lot of it comes down to who would win in a fight. Thrall vs Jaina – who would win? Thrall’s physical strength wouldn’t matter nearly as much as both of their abilities in magic for example.

No, it was all correct. And you would have named something specific that was incorrect if you had a point here, but you don’t.

Thre expansions later to be made up a villain, then forgiven and come back in the next expansion as a hero? :grimacing:

tell us you don’t have the faintest idea about roman and greek mythology without telling us you don’t have a clue about roman and greek mythology.

but go on i’ll wait to see how you contort the stories of romulus and reemus as well as graecus to fit that statement.

tho i will give you this spartan women did actually have immense power one need look no further then queen gorgo to confirm that

They butchered her character what are you even talking about

History 8000+ is still being refuted to this day. Our most accurate history has been within 2000 years. Of course female warriors existed, but the majority has always been male. The fact the patriarch has lasted this long shows the truth of human nature. And the fact matriarchal societies always fall shows the weakness of female led power (and not because of sexism. It’s just the nature of the beast).

Even if you took the least sexist person in the world and showed them a society mostly female led, even they will question the competence of the men and why that competence is flawed. They will also have a feeling it will not last long, whether through their own hubris or a male dominated invaders coming in to take over.

4 Likes

Go Woke go Broke! All these DEI hires that companies are doing are destroying everything they touch! When will these idiots ever learn…

11 Likes

Thats what you get with the girlboss mentality, a fine character butchered to serve modern audience and twitter folk

They do more damage than help

7 Likes

Unhinged and weird comment

And yet statistics indicate that women are in the minority and tend to play games on tablets or phones.

Source: The Entertainment Software Association

7 Likes

It’s “Remus” not Reemus"

And those were not Roman gods. They were the founders of Rome, raised by wolves. Did I mention that I can read Latin? lol

Ever wonder why Christmas happens at the end of the year? It was originally a pagan harvest tradition. Look it up.

Sure the most recent history we have is going to be more accurate by definition. That doesn’t change that there is overwhelming evidence pre-Constantine many (not all! but many) pagan societies were ultimately headed up by women. There are remnants of this structure in ancient greek culture as well (See the Oracle at Delphi for an example)

It is naive to question the competence of either gender.

1 Like

And those societies and religions are gone for good reason, if you assume that everything was matriarch before Constantine (which is still wrong, but let’s go by your viewpoint).

1 Like

Funny enough, Aristotle famously identified one of the main factors of Sparta’s destruction as being that it gave too much authority to women. He wrote about the Lacedaemonians (a term for Spartans):

“But what difference does it make whether women rule, or the rulers are ruled by women? The result is the same. Even in regard to courage, which is of no use in daily life, and is needed only in war, the influence of the Lacedaemonian women has been most mischievous. The evil showed itself in the Theban invasion, when, unlike the women other cities, they were utterly useless and caused more confusion than the enemy.”

4 Likes

correct they were the patriarchs of rome and graecus was the patriarch of greece according to both groups mythology…if we’re talking the religion part of those groups mythology jupiter was a male deity was the supreme god of the romans, and zues another male deity the supreme god of the greeks(and infact the father of graecus in their mythology)…where is this matriarchal mythology you were talking about?

i mean sure there were absolutely highly revered women and godesses in those mythologies but that does not change the fact that the 2 mythologies were very much patriarchal just as the sheer power of spartan queens does not change the fact that ancient sparta was patriarchal.

What’s the ratio of male to female world leaders? 50 to 1? 100 to 1? Now how many of those females are actually competent and inspiring figures? It’s ok, we can wait for your answer.

3 Likes

I didn’t assume that all societies were run by women pre-Constantine. I said it was fairly common.

Gaia. Roman mythology (and therefore Grecian mythology as well) didn’t start with Zeus. Before Zeus Gaia and Uranus were the top, and they ruled over the titans. But that changed over time, the titans became more important and eventually Cronus/Kronos spawned the later Greek and Roman gods. In fact, wasn’t Zeus the 6th “born”? I think Demeter was first, a goddess.

6th born, first to escape being devoured by kronus if memory serves but at that point we’re going beyond classical greek mythology and into the mycenaean culture and mythology most of which is lost to antiquity. By the time the city states we know as classical greece, and rome had come to be they were definitevely patriarchal in nature and mythology…and anything prior to that is largely speculative based on how little of it has survived the more than 3000 years since that culture’s collapse and the resulting almost 600 year period known as the greek dark ages.

i suppose now we can add ancient mythology to the topics debated in this soon to be legendary thread.