New xpack, all female leads? (Part 1)

Exactly! And yet people in this thread try to deny the blatant bias against male characters. Pathetic!

7 Likes

Oooh yea! Ysera!!

How could i forget her! Possibly the most important female death. Good call.

1 Like

We also stated there are substantially less female leads than males. Like… waaaaaaaaaay less

Edit: oh my, I cant type.

1 Like

Idk I like faerin

Shes cute

1 Like

Shes not really dead though

2 Likes

accurate name!

1 Like

I don’t think this would be nearly as noticeable if the quality of the characters were better. Right now, many of the female characters appear to be created by a checklist, and as such there are a lot more recent bad female characters than male ones. That is not say there are no badly written male characters in WoW, but the ratio is now skewed imo.

Faerin and several of the female earthen characters seem like a copy&paste of the same “social outcast brings innovation” story, just without any downside. They stand apart from their respective faction’s hierarchy, and yet they are infallible and absolutely adored by all. Faerin, a mere recruit, practically walks on water.

15 Likes

And has already come back.

And then left again. It’s a revolving door.

1 Like

Yea thats true, but she was replaced as aspect.

1 Like

Ysera was killed in Legion.

Does Razageth count? She may not of been around long but she kinda was responsible for all of DF.

1 Like

Its been this way in Blizz for along time where u been

1 Like
3 Likes

Oi I said it first!

2 Likes

Wanna say yes… even if she really had no plot beyond " is free" and " is angry ".

1 Like

Raza was also introduced and killed on the same patch, hardly a major lore character in WoW terms. We will never hear anything about her eve again.

2 Likes

So… dragons don’t count?

1 Like

I missed that lol. I didnt expect my question to set off a whole discussion xD.

2 Likes

Depends on what they look like.

Blizzard would NEVER kill Lady Prestor, with their current staff.

2 Likes

Nah they are game but morchie was more of a character. Just raz well i could describe raz in three sentences so its kinda hard to call her major.

1 Like