New xpack, all female leads? (Part 1)

Perfect Dark, Tomb Raider, Metroid, Bloodrayne.

I could list more, but you seem wilfully ignorant of games that had female only protagonists from that era.

4 Likes

Welcome, you presented the female leads with backstory, you missed Moira. Have you read the sidequests in general? Again you dont get the point, its not about that there are female leads in general.

1 Like

When it seems like the popular definition of “masculinity” is ‘being a shallow manchild raging about everything in society not catering to his every impulse and thought’. It’s only rational to oppose it entirely.

Just look at how men have created an entire movement because they feel entitled to women’s bodies.

1 Like

Incredible! You named 4 – now times that by 6000 and you get the amount of male only games released. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Jumping from one extreme to another isn’t going to achieve balance.

2 Likes

Are you going to say you have a hard time to identify with a male protagonist?

You get it! Are you? You get the problem here right?
The whole thing is the other way around here.

WoW Developers claim that they have a game to represent everyone. But well, they dropped the ball in that addon.

1 Like

Anduin, Daegran, and Magni are there too for you. If you can’t relate, skill issue

We circle around here, i presented you many reasons why these characters barely are strong or are there just to empower the females.

And please, the boys name ist Dagran.

3 Likes

It’s all fun and games until men aren’t the main character anymore. You poor thing. Let me know if you need a tissue for your tears. :frowning:

But… you’re the main protagonist… you are are just helping NPCs do stuff. They are story fluff. Did you read Song of Ice and Fire and think it was woke or was it okay even though a lot of the main characters were female? Did you have trouble relating to it? What about Wheel of Time? Dragonriders of Pern? There is no toxic feminism, just a bunch of insecure guys making stuff up.

As far as being strong goes… why does that matter? It is a video game, you are the champion, you are the person fighting for Azeroth everyone else is really just a side character to help progress the story. Move along and stop being so sensitive.

Wow you are also just capable of phrases and insults.

Nobody wants to take anything away from you, we just want something to add.

1 Like

The player isnt the main protagonist in WoW. We empower just the main chars. That was always the case, doesnt matter how often they call us “Champion”.

Wrong! 100% wrong. You have always been the main character. The other characters are side characters, always have been. They are there to help tell the story but they don’t do squat to save the day. The only time they are considered main characters is in the books.

What’s wrong with all male leads?

2 Likes

Deliciously ironic coming from someone who instantly equates ‘we want better men in our video game’ to incels.

I’d suggest you should take your own medicine honestly, lol

Where are the characters like old school Malfurion (before he became a 1 line simp like Jon Snow), Varian, Illidan, Cairne Bloodhoof, Vol’Jin, etc etc…

There aren’t any.

Faerun though, she will come and save the little Damsel Anduin :laughing:

It is pretty incredible, there were even others older than that like Secret of Mana, who had an actual Female protagonist alongside a Male one. Shocker.

How did it make me feel back then playing Perfect Dark as a female only? It was pretty fun when it came out back in the day.

Didnt hurt my feelings at all. Interesting.

That’s your opinion on a word that describes the traits of men and manliness, and you equate it to being a manchild.

Once again some interesting insight into your character honestly, to go that route instead of the actual definition

4 Likes

Wrong! 200% Wrong. I couldnt tell you have often we end raids where the NPC is having the last blow or is empowered (last raid DF). They thank you, but its about them, you are just there to lend a hand here and there and feel included.

1 Like

What is wrong with understanding that both exist? They never stated there was something wrong with all male leads. They asked what is wrong with an all female cast of leads? If they are interesting characters who cares? Does it matter what gender they are at all?

1 Like

Exactly. It doesn’t matter, as you said, so make them all male.

2 Likes

Only if you’re after a sense of realism.

Who was the main character in Vanilla? Who was the main character in BC? WotLK? Who was the main character in Shadowlands or Dragonflight. I’ll wait for an answer…