New xpack, all female leads? (Part 1)

Untrue, but you are just capable of one liners without a real discussion to reply to valid arguments and instead you wrap around single words and say “yeah but what about… !”

1 Like

I don’t think this is anything necessarily intentional. It just sort of happened. The Spider faction isn’t even “led” by a female. Its lead by 2 males and a female. Earthen don’t really have a gender anyways. It’s just how they look. They don’t reproduce like humans do. Anduin, Thrall, Dagran, and Magni all play big parts in this early expansion story, too.

1 Like

Clearly you didnt game in the early 90s,2000s. Entire games came out where you had no choice but to be a male character – even now as I said games are STILL coming out that have a male main character and no females in the entire story. How do you think we feel? Its ironic that men are complaining when woman are finally getting important storyline roles in games.

1 Like

They’re a single consultancy group elevated to bogeyman status by Mark Kern or whoever else that failure is named.

There is no grand conspiracy to emasculate you through video games

That’s because of majority demographic was male players. In fact, they still are the majority demographic of players.

It’s called business. Target your audience, get paid.

2 Likes

The spider faction is led by a littleral Queen or Princess and than Queen.
Anduin has some progression, true, he should be, he is a cover boy, but he needs to be empowered by Alleria and Faerin to do anything.

Thrall did what? Empower the female dwarf and is a bystander.
Dagran is most of the time behind female Robot
Magni is retired now, the whole plot about him was to be written out of the story, now that he is made out of flesh again and giving his hammer to Moira, another female lead.

4 Likes

When they get turned down by Game Science for rejecting their “consultation services” that triggers a bad PR campaign I think I know everything I need to about their intentions.

4 Likes

Of all the things you’re complaining about. You’re complaining about spiders being female dominated. The clade of Arachnids with absolutely massive differences between females and males. The clade where females are regularly twice to several times the mass of the males.

Those arthropods?

1 Like

Okay they got turned down by one developer out of hundreds. What’s next?

1 Like

I watch and wait for them to go out of business or get ruined by a scandal.

Again picked one word out of the whole text and wrapped around. I didnt complain about the female dominated spiders, i presented a fact. It was a response to:

1 Like

Okay. One company run by misogynists turned them down. Is the worm supposed to turn?

A spider faction being led by a queen makes sense given the whole mythos around the black widow spider. Anduin is still in recovery from being mind controlled by a god of death. Alleria’s backstory is decades old at this point. And Xal’atath’s backstory goes back 8 years. These female leads aren’t just randomly generated females inserted for DEI. There’s a storyline and lore reason they are here in this expansion.

2 Likes

It might seeing as how that game was Black Myth Wukong.

Sold somewhere in the millions of copies.

3 Likes

Instantly invalid. This isn’t the 70’s.

Third wave feminism, you know, actual toxic feminism, is not the ‘first time in history’.

Lets also not forget the very real agenda pushing of ‘Strong Woman’ alongside the painfully obvious modern trope of men now being utterly incompetent or needing aid from strong women in all circumstances that has bled into every form of media to the point where people everywhere are very, very tired of it.

I actually laughed out loud to this sentence right here, lmfao.

You can play ignorant all you like, but that is some utter delusion.

Is that what you said when you saw the new Snow White trailer too?

Going back to… what exactly?

You very much seem like someone heavily opposed to masculinity.

6 Likes

Mostly in China. Which has its own social issues and a notoriously sexist tech industry. Not to mention restrictive licensing for studios across the pond.

I think you’re making a mountain out of a molehill here

Ever heard of Tomb Raider, Metroid, many many JRPGs and so on?

I agree the majority where males, but again its not about that females are empowered its about males are totally written out of the game and replaced with strong female, which looks stronger just when the male is an idiot/super bad or weak.

Also true that males in general play way more videogames.
Most females i know think videogames are a waste of time and in a streatch they are just play a mobile game here and there.

Sure the industry can try to bring them into “heavier” games. But this is going to be as hard as getting more females in the IT Development. Majority of them arent really interested in that area.

What agenda is being pushed?

1 Like

Hardly.

Just stands as an example of someone being able to achieve success without Sweet baby INC despite how much shade they threw at them.

1 Like

I am literally not wired into your spaces enough to get half of what you’re saying. Is Snow White misandry now or something?

You need therapy

1 Like