New xpack, all female leads? (Part 1)

Yep. This gonna get closed.

USA

It being costly doesnt negate my point. No other point in history has there been access to health care and especially mental health than now. You even have many virtual means to talk to a mental health provider and primary care physician. None of which existed even 10 years back. Yet, it completely goes against your argument because what you call “toxic masculinity” and “antiquated” had less mass shootings.

You would.

Unless you were native or Black of course.

Guy brought up mass shootings specifically, not homicides or gang violence.

So what’s wrong with attempting some sort of balance instead of over corrections lopsided in favor of one gender?

2 Likes

They mass shot Black people and Natives. Constantly.

Show me stats.

Of course it will, but the problem will remain and people will still recognize bad stories/movies/games when they encounter them.

Who cares who the hero is they are heroes in the Lore so I have no issue with it at all. I also do not believe it is a politcal statement being made if it was the game would be failing even more like Concorde is over at Sony. They pushed the political BS and got what they deserved. Political view points should never be in any game IMO:P

Twitter would.

So would you.

Please tell me why it needs 100% lead of one gender instead of some sort of balance?

Either 50/50 or 60/40 due to more players being male.

It’s not like men demand Barbie or make up companies to cater to us

7 Likes

Yes, exactly. I don’t think anyone or many are advocating the removal of strong female characters. We want strong males in addition to.

6 Likes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indian_massacres_in_North_America

Those aren’t stats and those are also before the country was even founded.

Because it never was all male leads. It was well written believable Characters with ups and downs. There where always strong females in Warcraft and strong males. But today in even every Sidequest is the male the baddy or the idiot or both and the female comes to the rescue. It is to the point that you can already tell how the story works out when you start the quest. That’s just bs.

4 Likes

Yes, it absolutely does. It doesn’t matter what healthcare/programs are available if people can’t afford it. This is America. NOTHING comes for free.

And before you start spouting off about all the financial aid/welfare available to people in need, it’s absolute hogwash. The U.S. gov’t goes out of its way to make it extremely difficult for people to actually get any help. People with serious disabilities (like literal limbs missing) can’t even get disability benefits with how convoluted the system is.

It contains stats.

Not all of them, and so what? My entire point is that, since it’s no longer allowed to just randomly massacre indigenous and Black people, current mass shootings have replaced that.

Many can afford it and that’s not even the point. The point is there is more access than ever before. The key word is access. Go back 10, 20, 30 years and people who had money couldn’t get help because there was no access, no means, no awareness, research, ect.

Countless more have access now than they did in the past.

I wasn’t even going to go there, but you did it for me. There are financial aid and welfare available and a lot of mental health agencies work off sliding scale based on income if you ask for it.

1. It’s wikipedia
  2. It’s not stats, it’s a list of battles/land grabs
  3. Again, your examples pre-date the country’s founding which completely makes it irrelevant to this argument

It’s not the best, I admit, but the site is good for a quick search.

Jt’s a list of massacres, and most if not all, were done by guns, therefore qualifying as mass shootings.

Again, not all of them do first off. Second off, you never specified a specific time period.

You refer to some unspecified point in time.

In fact, you said “no other point in history,” meaning all of history should be fair game. We could even look at other countries and the brutal mass killings that happened because of toxic masculinity (among other things)

Nothing! I AM the female main character!

1 Like