New xpack, all female leads? (Part 1)

I was wondering who the voice actor is for the half blind one armed bl@ck girl? I guess she’s was chosen for her “abilities”? Because her voice acting is crap.

2 Likes

Don’t forget the Kobold VA who sounds like knock-off brand Stitch. Was actually cringe listening to it.

2 Likes

So much toxic masculinity in this thread. So much misogyny.

I look forward to the day videogamers evolve and catch up with the rest of the world. Sigh.

It’s toxic to point out how there’s zero masculinity or male leads? That’s not misogyny.

11 Likes

Babies are able to eat food one spoonful at a time at a pace they are comfortable with. They don’t do so well when hooked up to a fire hydrant filled with Gerber.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s interesting that they seem obsessed with girl bosses, but depict them with masculine characteristics, personalities and designs.

5 Likes

Strong male lead seems to be seen as toxic these days, and despite ‘their’ efforts, I’m sorry to say but you will never feminize all men and this direction will be greatly opposed by many people both male & female. I gave up on getting angry over it long ago, its just funny and sad at this point. I am enjoying the ride. I do pity how sad, hateful, and projective these people are.

It is interesting how oblivious they are to hurting their own cause, as no one likes an ideology to be forced onto them. Its almost like their goal is to make as many enemies as possible. Sometimes I feel like I am in the twilight zone. I have more respect every day for well written female or even gay characters that aren’t shoehorned into every piece of media possible for a checklist. Its so unfortunate and I feel for those who truly stand for something and know how much this hurts the movement.

In many ways I feel like society has regressed and tolerance has gone way down and extremism has only gotten worse in a few short years. Hopefully this ends soon and we can all accept that men and women are different and we don’t need to put each other down to lift one another up.

8 Likes

LOL yeah I bet this is a joke. I wasn’t gonna jump into this debate here, but this question made me lol

Dagran II makes me wanna yell NERRRRRRD!!!

NERRRRRDDDDDD (youtube.com)

What a prime example of toxic masculinity
that this game shouldn’t cater to.

We have alliance leaders with thousands of years of experience and extreme power of the Light like Velen and Tyrande and we are stuck with Anduin :frowning:

2 Likes

Il take that over dragons rip off from how to tame a dragon, actually think SL story was better than DF

Just thinking about 10 years ago when this game was overwhelmingly male leads and nobody said anything.
Wonder why that is
:dracthyr_tea:

The only reason it’s a bother cause we’re forced to engage with the main story to progress and some of the quests are basically forcing you to sit and listen and walk around and talk. Final Fantasy 14 has fell into this trap too with its recent expansion.

Now that I’ve actually gone through the story I’ve found out the OP’s claim isn’t even true.

2 Likes

Cannot unhear Kyle’s cousin Kyle

Can’t speak to the Horde side of WOD but the Alliance has Y’rel becoming the Exarch of AU Draenor Draenei, Jaina shows up for the lego quest chain, you’re working with a night elf warden and one of the major SMV NPC’s is a female orc shaman.

But good job pointing out that every major villain in WOD is a dude.

Make sure you tell Wuk Lamat how you feel about this.

Yep, it’s so over the top and in your face. At least try to make it seem like your institution isn’t ideologically corrupted.

And TWW has Anduin, Magni, Thrall and Dagran Jr.

WoD was male dominated, but has some women.

TWW is female dominated, but it has some men.

Seems fair to me.

1 Like

But I still don’t understand why it bothers anyone that they’re female

We already went through it in the thread.