New xpack, all female leads? (Part 1)

I’m excited more for Iridikron. Dude was one of the first villains to look at another and straight up go “They have the player character, like heck I’m going directly to war with that”.

When he killed those lizard things like an earthquake ready to snap, dudes built, and he is not just calm but calculated to where he wins either way. :heart_eyes: I may have a new fav beyond Magatha!

3 Likes

Not likely with the current writing team.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure the reason is because we’re all actively trying to suppress any memories we have of Shadowlands.

5 Likes

Yep…gotta realize, we aren’t talking about people who think for themselves here. We’re talking about people that do whatever whichever talking head they saw last told them to do.

2 Likes

Dont get me wrong he could become one of my favorites down the line. I just honestly cant really remember him.

Which is what you dont want as a story teller.

My question I guess is what makes it not well done for the ladies tho? :thinking: they been pretty good. Sylvanas might be the only one I disliked because her whole story was about being in control of her self and her body which was meaningful after what happened to her.

But it must have had to happen to show us something important for later on I imagine.

Anyways besides her most of the ladies are cool. :sunglasses:

Four leaders, 2 of which were (since we do lose one of 'em) men and 2 are women.

Not a faction.

Yeah, because “The Emperor” certainly isn’t the leader. Not to mention you got it wrong if you want to refer to the leaders of the Hallowfall Arathi … the leader in question would be Steelstrike.

… a triumvirate of two most likely male-presenting characters (they are nerubians, unless they specifically state whether they are male or female it ain’t possible to tell for sure which one it is) and one most likely female-presenting character.

Ya’ll who are absolutely obsessed about these things should at the very least educate yourself enough to make whatever weird points you want to make accurately. If ya’ll are just plain weird for being this focused on pointless things, yet can’t ever seem to get it right either.

Either way, I’m back to playing TWW since that’s a whole lot more fun than what ya’ll are doing. Take care!

4 Likes

I hear the power of one, the power of two, the power of maaaaany hasn’t gone well for them recently.

16 Likes

Except this isn’t accurate. I guess if you’re upset that there aren’t enough male characters on loading screens, that could be a discussion. I don’t know the ratio between all of the loading screens, but I guess it’d be super easy to cherry pick a few of them to make what you think is a compelling argument.

Alexstraza was present in a lot of DF, but Nozdormu, Sabellion, Wrathion, Ebonhorn, the ghost of Deathwing, and Kalecgos were far more present dragon characters. You could argue that Chromie was a bit more present than Nozdormu, but the story was about Nozdormu. Oh, and let’s not forget how important Tyr was.

At best we spent a lot of time around Ysera and her daughter, but I don’t feel like I spent half as much time with them as I did Wrathion or Kalecgos.

It’s a weak argument, man. I’d love another Orc barbarian style character to grace my screen as an ally with his '80s action movie vibes, but y’all are being babies about this.

4 Likes

Sylvanas was terrible

The ice dragon lady that swapped sides within 1 patch in DF was absolutely horrendous.

Alexstrasza got watered down so hard she used to be one of my favorites.

Etc.

As i said well written female leads are some of my favorites, like Ripley. Just wow has a writting issue lol.

11 Likes

The acolyte bombed. 2nd season denied.

13 Likes

I used to like Jaina, a long time ago. But then she was everywhere. Too much of a good thing.

3 Likes

Yea same. I still like her alot, though thats cus of wc3 nostalgia for the most part.

Her wrighting has really been… meh recently.

3 Likes

They made her to powerful and the face of the story a few too many times.

I think all the fictional ladies are doing an amazing job in their roles and deserve a raise.

That guys train of thought went waaay off the rails somewhere in his own backyard.

Gay guys wanting to see hot guys is :exploding_head: .

I’m :male_sign: and like fit women. I’ve yet to feel threatened or triggered by anything in game, though the people on some of these forums posting is quite disturbing.

its had a writing issue since cata. the only expansion where they even managed a cohesive story was mists and bfa ally side that was it. legion is full of plot holes.
cata spent most of its quest lines goofing off and making references with not much actual plot covered other than the beginning zone quests.
wod is an unfinished mess with missing storylines that went nowhere.
bfa seems like a mess horde side.
shadowlands was hot garbage.
dragoflight just didnt seem to want to take any risks and comes off as really forgettable outisde of a few story points.

4 Likes

This is bait.

Nozdormu was featured in 1 dungeon, Sabellion and Wrathion were relevent for 3 weeks at the start of the expansion and did nothing afterwards, Ebonhorn exists? The ghost of Deathwing? Never saw that one at all. Tyr? Went from benevolent titan to questionable toxic male.

If you’re trying to suggest that the character that featured in almost every cutscene in DF was less visible than all of them, then you’re just fishing.

7 Likes

I am writing a fictional clock out and 5 day weekend.

2 Likes

Alexstrazsa was always like that lol she just put some clothes on.