New Wrathion Quest requirments

Moronic design choices don’t become acceptable simply because of tradition. And pretending like there’s any story continuity in this game is one of the most laughable things I’ve ever read from a Blizzard boot-licker.

3 Likes

Man, if the forum still had thumbs-down you would have just been downvoted into oblivion.

::grabs popcorn::

You misunderstand the intent. It’s not locking solo content behind group/raid content. It’s locking story content behind other story content. They already did this in BoD, where content was locked behind defeating Jaina – its logical to presume they’d do it again with their next raid.

They’ll probably do it again with 8.3’s raid…

Honestly, all you’re missing is some cinematics you can watch on YT, a title you probably don’t care about, and a few thousand points of artifact power you also probably don’t care about.

The Wrathion quest chain is time-gated anyway, all we end up doing is realizing we can’t find him, and Mother/Magni are going to “investigate” for the next 3 months.

3 Likes

I am 7/8 heroic EP, usually most my group are pug spots and with classic launching it has been hard getting people to push raid to beat Azhara.

So I decided to do it in LFR this past weekend.

Even as a tank, it took 40 minutes in queue. And I ended up getting in a group who had their tank leave after 3 wipes on Azahara. Fresh group and I would have been waiting longer.

I don’t want to imagine the queue time for dps.

Never underestimate WoW players propensity for crawling onto a cross.

oh wow thanks for this, I forgot to step into the chamber of heart today off I go :smiley:

Am I the only one here who has no idea what this quest is about? Didn’t know there was a quest until I read this post. I don’t even know if I’ve done it, but I don’t remember getting a quest from anyone by the flight master at the docks. I have AOTC from all raids, lvl 65 heart.

It’s basically setting up 8.3. Just like we needed dragons in the past to help us defeat whatever the Big Bad was, apparently we need Wrathion and what’s left of the black dragonflight to defeat N’Zoth.

I’d imagine the final fight goes the way of Illidan @ BT with Maiev & Akama. We do most of the work and then Wrathion shows up to do his sekret stuffz and defeat N’Zoth.

oh does your heart have to be level 65??

No. My heart is 62.

Please do not relent on your decision to have the content played out this way. The requirement can be done on LFR, which the big sticking point for its introduction was to have people experience the story of the raid. Now there are people that want to even further lower the standard of progression by having content mailed to their front door step.

Please Blizzard do not cave into their demands. I say this as an over the years scrub casual player from vanilla (only did prior expansion raids while during TBC and Wrath) that worked up from LFR to flex to normal (at the time in MoP) and at this point heroic raiding point. I even just recently got back to heroic raiding (and m+ as well) after 10 month hiatus of not being satisfied at the start of BFA. It’s been rough getting back into the swing of things but it has been rewarding. Please do not allow players to cheat themselves by forgoing this relatively simple requirement.

2 Likes

heart is not level 65 but found the quest I’m good :smiley:

Will have to raid on my horde character though to unlock it

That doesn’t sound familiar, so I don’t think I have gotten that quest. I can’t think of anything else I would need to do since there are literally no quests in my book, I’ve downed all raid bosses multiple times, exalted with everything. But who knows, if it wasn’t a memorable quest, I just might have done it already.

There should be a dwarf NPC near the flight path outside Spirits Be With You in Dazar’alor. He’ll send you to the heart chamber.

After you’ve completed the war campaign fully.

1 Like

I think it’s moronic to expect to be able to progress the story without actually, you know, fighting the big bad at all. Moreso because they implemented a way for people to do so without having to go join a raiding guild. But again, if you want to see the story without actually participating it you can watch the videos in quite a few places. Have at it. Being super salty and tantruming like a child while spitting insults unfortunately isn’t going to change your predicament.

Exactly.

2 Likes

Okay - to the blue that replied here saying you need to do the quest that requires you to kill Azshara before it pops:

What if you’ve already done that and everything else AND it still hasn’t popped? My friend has done everything with me - we’ve been doing the entire expansion together and yet - I get the quest and she doesn’t.

Care to explain that one?

We killed Azshara and turned in the quest from in front of the palace.
We did the war campaign.
We spied on Jaina’s conversation.
We are exalted with champs.
We’re 60-63+ on AP.
We’re all caught up on everything to do with the neck to date that we can do.
We both are wearing the eye of n’zoth (Gift of N’Zoth).

Sooooo… where’s your logic ?

1 Like

Really ? It can be done in LFR ? I tried today and after waiting 44 minutes in queue with no time estimate of getting in I gave up.

You don’t make an raid bosses important after no body wants to do the content.

There is absolutely no reason to gate just about the only content in a patch behind a raid. That is exactly why thousands stop playing a game.

5 Likes

no heart lvl requirment

Nobody wants to do the content.

Bold statement on day 2 of 8.2.5. You know what I was doing on Sunday? I was doing the 8.1 part of the war campaign that I neglected to do because it required to kill rastakhan (and I wasn’t raiding when BoD came out). So what did I do? I opened up the interface selected dps only and did overworld content until the queue popped. Literally my second time in BFA existence I was to do LFR (ironically the same wing, but on another character). I get in and there were about 5-7 other vocal people stating they were there doing the same thing I was.

Naturally I already had the 8.2 part done after being invited by old friends to join a guild. If you can’t wait that long to do the content then why are you so insistent on it needing to be done?

It is story driven content, regardless of the format that it is presented in either group or solo, you can’t skip to the point where you want, without otherwise ruining the progression of the story. LFR za’qul and azshara have been available for 43 days as of now. If it weren’t for this patch and the requirements the quest has when were you going to do the fights?

1 Like

Well blizzard can listen to you and lose $$$ or they can listen to me and keep getting mine.

I have no world content to do except on my alt because I have been playing throughout and have completed everything.

The wing you are talking about I believe had a mount as a reward so yes people are still interested in doing that.

1 Like