New World of Warcraft Survey

I don’t care about the borrowed power part, I just liked the quests and being able to go to a place that was in line with my class favour. I loved being able to hang out in a spot made for me class. Which in the case of what I was playing at the time was a Mage, so an old hall filled with books and other magical things. :slight_smile:

Heh, I also loved Covenant stuff too. I had actually been wishing we had gotten something like that with Dragonflight where we could pledge ourselves to a specific Dragonflight. I didn’t care if it had power behind it, I just would have loved it for flavour and lore purposes. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Answered truthfully, actually. But the thing was that none of the responses were totally accurate. So I answered as best I could and it was just like: boop, done.

That’s nice. But I’m explaining what Class Halls actually were and how they functioned. Remove the borrowed power, the time gating, the missions, the quests… you have a room. With nothing.

And half the storylines sucked. Especially Priests.

You also had to do everything, all the borrowed power, all of the follow missions, etc, just to get the storylines.

No story should be locked behind a class or a covenant.

You do you, but to me, this game is SO much better without borrowed power and locked + timegated storyline.

1 Like

Keyword is “ask”. This is not a Non-Disclosure Agreement, and thus you can divulge any to all information if you wish.

Agreed, though I would like for the Warrior one to be replaced as Warcraft Valhalla wasn’t appealing for me.

2 Likes

I didn’t say it was?

Yeah, I agree: I’m not such a fan of arbitrary throttles of content, but I can appreciate the philosophy (when power is involved wanting to limit the ceiling to prevent power from becoming to disparate between players too quickly), but… I think class halls as a vehicle of telling narratives and refocusing the story - as they draw down the emphasis on factions - is definitely something to consider. It brings class identity to the forefront, establishes the class’ place in lore and the story.

Right now, the only thing that separates classes is largely functional, mechanical. I would dig seeing districts in the new cap city dedicated to the classes. The Mage Tower, the Warlock’s Coven, the Rogue’s Tavern, etc., and have that be something that defines cap cities moving forward.

I would scale back making the PC the leader of the class hall, 100%. I would have them be part of, to feel immersed in the world of warcraft as a Paladin, not the paladin.

my hopefully-not-contrarian-sounding two cents.

4 Likes

i get the feeling blizz sends these to players they already know are going to give them feedback their looking to already implement.

1 Like

My problem is too many classes, too many storylines locked from others. It works in Old Republic, because it’s only four storylines.

yeah, that’s true. I will say what colors my bias is i like weighty choice. and I also don’t really play alts. Lastly, I also don’t know how I would do quests. In other words, I’m not sure we’d need class specific quests other than for cosmetics maybe, though I know that still qualifies as isolating other classes.

It also repeatedly says not to share the contents of the survey. That is standard for all the surveys. They want individual opinions that are generated without any discussion or influence on the person from the forums, twitter, twitch, etc. Having someone make a thread about a survey then having people rush to the survey to respond in a certain way rather ruins it.

7 Likes

Well over a decade.

I signed up long ago but they rarely have any surveys that they push for it. I do know folks who have gotten some and gotten gift cards and such for their time.

1 Like

have you checked your bnet launcher? this was not something sent directly, it was just a link in the launcher.

An itemization overhaul would overhaul the way affixes and stats appeared on gear, how they worked, and basically change up the whole game quite a bit. It could be a very good thing to have happen to the game after all this time, especially if they want to make it a bit randomized like an arpg.

It could also make searching for loot more interesting rather than just target farming down a boss or dungeon hoping for specific loot.

the fact this wasnt the rogue class hall was a massive slap in the face.

because of how they did the beta for this it will most likely be the first beta i havent got into since mop.

would be really cool if class halls became a thing again and moved forward with each xpac.

It asks, not says; it’s not binding.

I pointed out two things I found interesting, and never told anyone to respond to it much less in any particular way.

1 Like

I didn’t care about the borrowed power too much. People who cared about the borrowed power put themselves on a treadmill that they needed to stay on to keep ahead of the masses. Realistically, it took a massive amount of grinding to stay a few weeks ahead of where they would have been without that grinding, which was necessary if you were min maxing. Which I had no interest in.

This had destroyed any continuity or meaning of the story for me. The random snippets of story don’t fall into a narrative for me. I normally now get an expansion later, and the returning player experience is “do all these quests at once now, none of it matters.”

1 Like

I just keep getting update notices and then a FOR SALE screen on restart. They are really pushing for sales lately.

1 Like

Ohhh can’t wait to do when I get home personally I just want better DH options limited “eye” option and more tabard drops with twitch those were really nice to have added

They can ask for a flying monkey, they aren’t paying me, they aren’t arresting me, I’m doing what I want.

One thing I’m suprised that never came up in the survey was player housing.

I mean, that has to be one of the most requested features aside from anything else that was mentioned.

1 Like