New way of multiboxxing!

I can’t wait until I get banned because my keyboard has a shortcut to open a browser window. God help me, I am doomed!

3 Likes

I’m just pointing out that’s the rule it’s interpreted pretty clearly, and what he’s doing is pressing 1 button for 8 commands. That goes against the 1 press=1 action rule that they just implemented.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/092/646/27d.png
This is my shocked face, That’s been allowed in game for a long time. that is still one click per one action. What he is doing here isn’t that. he’s pressing 1 key for 8 simultaneous commands, which is stated that is forbidden.

You guys will do anything to try and get around this new rule.

1 Like

lol that looks so inefficient I doubt he is breaking even farming gold for his 8 accounts. Does not look like he will be able to farm herbs and nodes easily additionally. Which is what most people cared about

1 Like

One click, one action, per client is how they’ve always explained it. The only change was to ban broadcasting software that sends that one command to multiple windows simultaenously.

1 Like

It is much less efficient than using broadcasting software.

Software that alt-tabs and repeats a keypress is software that broadcasts to multiple clients with a single press. It says nothing about whether or not it happens sequentially or simultaneously.

input broadcasting software to mirror commands to multiple accounts at the same time

My reading is that “at the same time” is simultaneously, which is basically what mirroring means.

At the same time also means with the same action. The action that causes the inputs happens “at the same time”, even if the outcome of that action doesn’t. IE: It is used to differentiate sending an action to multiple accounts separately, vs at the same time.

Now that is a real streatch and one I have to completely disagree with.

In a simple scenario I could set up something like the following:

Alt-tab-press-1 Macro #1
Alt-tab-press-2 Macro #2

I could repeat these for as many commands as I like, just press each once for each client, would that be better? I assure you I can hit a single key 5 times very quickly :wink:

It’s not a stretch at all, it is a literal meaning of the phrase.

I don’t know how Blizzard feels about alt-tab as part of the action but either way, if you’re hitting the key separately for each client then you aren’t sending a command to multiple clients at the same time. This would fall more specifically under the umbrella of automation than multiboxing, since you’re functionally writing a macro to perform a rotation of sorts, just a rotation that happens across multiple accounts.

I don’t know if that would fall foul of the rules, but it certainly isn’t the same as a single button press rotating through multiple clients.

That would be closer to a rule he might be breaking but that has nothing to do with multiboxing. You could do the same thing on a solo character with just adding in timing delays. Auto-hot key is very popular for making very complex key macros.

We’ll just have to disagree on the meaning, to me it is like conflating real time and near real time in programming.

The point is that it is up to Blizzard to identify what violates the rules and I don’t think what the OP posted violates the current rules.

A second point is, IMO, Blizzard is trying to keep the casual multiboxers but make for-profit multiboxing inefficent, and less profitable.

The method I posted is what I’m using to multibox two accounts, and it works pretty well for what I use it for. Mostly leveling and some farming.

Remember also that you can execute multiple actions in a single WoW macro if they are off the GCD. Which is probably why all the driud Moonfire spam from mutiboxers that I’ve read about (haven’t actually seen it myself).

1 Like

“By itself” means there is a form of automation… you cannot use any form of automation. It is bannable, if he is not alt-tabbing or manually selecting each window and pressing a keys that only goes to that window… it is a violation.

“As World of Warcraft has evolved, our policies have also evolved to support the health of the game and the needs of the players. We’ve examined the use of third-party input broadcasting software, which allows a single keystroke or action to be automatically mirrored to multiple game clients, and we’ve seen an increasingly negative impact to the game as this software is used to support botting and automated gameplay. The use of input broadcasting software that mirrors keystrokes to multiple WoW game clients will soon be considered an actionable offense. We believe this policy is in the best interests of the game and the community.”

I’ve bolded things that you seem to not be getting. This is the reasons they’re putting a stop to this type of behavior. You’re trying to find loopholes, to continue such behavior as to why they are doing this in the first place.

2 Likes

Not sure why it is hard to understand the intent of the change to know if it would be bannable.

Can it be used to play more than one copy of WoW with a single click or push of a button, if the answer is yes, it is against their intent and will likely be banned.

Playing multiple copies of wow with needing to use actions to control each one individually (multiboxing) is fine, but anything that allows controlling more than one copy of wow with a single click or push of a button is not.

Blizzard have specifically stated :

How is this confusing? Botters just happen to use the same software as Mboxers. This ban is not directed at Mboxers in any way at all, they are just unfortunate collateral damage.

2 Likes

I think you’re reading too much into that post. If they intended to ban multiboxing they would have simply come out and said so, they didn’t. Since multiboxing is still permitted it remains to be seen what methods are considered acceptable. Right now hardware based seems just fine, and the method I use seems fine as well. If the method the OP posted is unacceptable I’m sure Blizzard will send the person involved an email.

But, bottom line is our opinions are just that, opinions. It will be Blizzards job to issue any clarification they deem necessary.

P.S. And it is past my bedtime, so have a good night and enjoy your time in Azeroth.

1 Like

I’m not it’s clear as day what there intentions are. In fact it is you who are reading too much into the post, to try and find a loophole to continue your negative behavior.

2 Likes

lmao " against the spirit of the new rule"

1 Like

If you have to use a loophole, you know damn well you’re doing something you shouldn’t be. Report them all, get them the F out.

2 Likes