New way of multiboxxing!

True and if you tile your windows multiboxing 2,3 or even 5 windows is pretty doable/easy.

I suppose Blizzard needs to do a better job at stating their intentions.

1 Like

The announcement specifically stated it was because bots were using the software to bot more effectively.

They did not ban multiboxing despite all the misinformation out there.

7 Likes

A common understanding is important to any discussion. Multi-boxing is still permitted. If they are going to add additional constraints on “how” it is done that is up to Blizzard.

Botting is completely different and there are other types of illegal play as well so we need to be very explicit in what we are discussing. But I agree with you, that right now nothing seems to prohibit the type of play described in the OP.

2 Likes

There intention was to go after software that was being used to BOT. They made that clear in their post about banning software that repeated key commands to other clients.

Just so people understand. This software was being used to “box” other bots to the botted account. This way you only had to run the bot software upon a single instance and then use the software repeater to automate the rest.

3 Likes

I believe you have identified the confusing point.

3 Likes

This is incorrect, they specifically stated broadcasting software which is software that simultaneously sends keys to multiple windows (clients).

2 Likes

Sorry when I say “repeat” I am thinking of “echoing” keys across different windows or in this case clients.

1 Like

I don’t think it is confusing at all. They really don’t have, and never have, had a problem with people that multibox 2, 3, or even 5 accounts. The excesses, especially starting in BFA are, IMO, the genesis of the current policy change.

2 Likes

What is confusing about it? They even updated their own support page about multiboxing to include the recent change and to clarify that mulitboxing is still not against the rules.

4 Likes

No it isn’t.

They banned a certain type of software.

What this guy is doing is perfectly fine under the new rule.

You DO understand they didn’t ban MULTIBOXING but just software they considered suspect, right?

8 Likes

“You can use the macro system ingame. Automation of keypresses via outside game macros like keyboard software etc is forbidden.”

He’s breaking a completely different rule to try and skirt around a new one.

6 Likes

You do understand there are other opinions out there, right?

Stating Blizzard’s stance on multiboxing isn’t an OPINION.

But you know that, right?

3 Likes

I hope they do because this not knowing is annoying.

2 Likes

This is the coalition, to ban coalitions
I ain’t a politician, but I’ve got views
Some folks want to ban cars, some want to get rid of Fender guitars
Why don’t, you do your thing and we do our thing too

Now they want to take my cigarettes, and all my good whiskey
And these damn coalitions, they’re are after you and me
They want to get rid of my forty fours, and all the R rated films
If they only knew how much, we’d all love to get rid of them

And this is a coalition, to ban coalitions
The views of a musician, yeah I’ve got some
Some folks want to ban cars, some want to get rid of electric guitars
Why can’t everybody else leave everybody else alone

Now the latest thing they want to stamp out, is violence on TV
And the worst of all is that Oscar winning rabbit, Bugs Bunny
Farewell Foghorn Leghorn, so long Yosemite Sam
They’re missin’ with our heroes, and we got to stop 'em now :sunglasses:

Your class race and level are blue, not your name or post.

I believe are talking about executing multiple ingame commands using outside software, which is certiantly possible. If simply using keyboard, keypad, mouse software was against the rules you’d lose a very large portion of the playerbase.

Many players remap keys, say on a keypad or MMO mouse to include single press keymappings like: 1,2,3 or NUM 1,2,3, or Ctrl-1, Ctrl-2, Alt-1, Alt-2, or, wait for it, Alt-Tab, and so on to make them single keypresses instead of multiple keypresses. I’m not sure how you’d even detect that this was happening.

SWTOR had a rule against using Keyboard/Keypad/Mouse software for any purpose (Strangely they also licensed a SWTOR branded Razer MMO mouse and Keyboard, go figure). I played, from relase, and still play that game from time to time and have been using my “keyboard” software the whole time.

It’s funny that I was just talking about how these people like to hide behind multiclient users when they know what they are doing is more than just using multiple accounts at once.

Opening Warcraft multiple times across multiple or even the same computer is fine. Even virtual desktops.

Using anything to send a single keystroke to them all in one key press is the problem. Stop pretending they are the same thing.

I’m not quite sure what point you are trying to make. Blizzard carefully worded their post to ban one particular type of software, “broadcasting software”. We can only go by what they posted. If they meant something else they’ll need to update their policy, and maybe they will.

Now banning that particular type of software cripples the primary “easy mode”, and cheap multiboxing software. Personally, I believe that was intentional as it was increasingly being used by BoTs.

2 Likes